Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum vs. Wintersun

Poll

Which Of Jari Mäenpää's Bands Do You Prefer?

Ensiferum
Wintersun

Total votes: 61
02.12.2012 - 06:37
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This is quite a simple poll, one I'm surprised hasn't been asked already. Which of Jari's most popular bands do you prefer listening to? The more traditional, folkier Ensiferum, or the more complex, shred-fest Wintersun? I personally would go for Wintersun myself, although the first two albums with Ensiferum are very strong as well. He has so far made two albums with both of them, and each of their debuts are self-titled. I understand that Time has been split into two albums, but all-in-all, it's just one large album. This should be interesting...
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
02.12.2012 - 17:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Not so many options are there shood be both or both sucks , but somehow I think Wintersong is better they have only fiew albums, they still need profe how lame they are , Rnsiferumn did it but still Ensiferum is not bad at all in some ways , so I cant choose
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.12.2012 - 03:35
Delvestius
Ensiferum, hands down. Wintersun is two powery for their lyrics and vocal style, I feel.
18.06.2013 - 20:32
Mario Montes
I love Ensiferum first album, the rest of their discography is not as good in my opinion. Wintersun discography is flawless so Wintersun wins.
19.06.2013 - 13:46
FOOCK Nam
Heavier ? I think Wintersun is more extreme than Ensiferum. Ensiferum is more folkier... both are good but judging the Jari talent it can be more on WIntersun. : )
19.06.2013 - 15:40
Thrashette
It really depends what I'm in the mood for... Yes, Wintersun is more complex and extreme, but sometimes I'd rather just listen to something catchy and folky like Ensiferum
04.07.2014 - 13:22
Yossarian
Ensiferum getting more near...
21.08.2014 - 09:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Ensiferum, but not so much the Jari-era stuff. Granted, Unsung Heroes was pretty much trash, Victory Songs was their pinnacle I find...With From Afar and Iron tied for second. Something about the guitar tone on every one of Jari's albums (Wintersun or Ensiferum) just sounds soft to me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.08.2014 - 10:06
angel.
Evil Butterfly
I think Jari was much more successful in Ensiferum and he made a bad decision to leave them.
----
The Fangirl.