Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God - Frontman Indicted For Manslaughter

2012 has been quite a trying year for US metal band Lamb Of God. It also looks like the manslaughter case against the band's frontman, Randy Blythe, just won't go away. According to news from novinky.cz, Randy has officially been indicted for manslaughter in the Czech Republic. State Attorney's Office in Prague made the official indictment on November 30 which means there will likely be a full trial in the near future. According to novinky.cz, the court now has three months in which to fix the date for the trial or bring the case back for further investigation.

Band manager Larry Mazer had the following to say about the news: "After a three-month investigation, the prosecutor in the Czech Republic has decided to move forward with an indictment of Randy Blythe on the charge of manslaughter with intent to cause bodily harm. Obviously, we intend to fight vigorously against these charges as we feel that in no way did Randy intend to cause bodily harm on the young fan who subsequently died from injuries sustained at the show. As he has stated previously, Randy intends to go to Prague to defend himself at trial."

In a recent interview, Randy publicly stated that he would return to the Czech Republic to stand trial if summoned, a potentially disastrous outcome not withstanding.

Source: rollingstone.com
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 04.12.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 275 users
04.12.2012 - 08:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Again?

poor Randy, I don't have to think like this but it seems he will be out when he turns 60 or something if he doesn't fight his case wholeheartedly.

Good luck.
04.12.2012 - 14:40
Lit.
Account deleted
Man, why do ya have to go after the metalheads? Y'all are racist!
04.12.2012 - 15:10
MechanisT
Account deleted
^ Aptly done, Lit. I see the LITeralism all over.
04.12.2012 - 16:44
Godless Visions

I still think all metal bands should refrain from performing in the Czech Republic until this is resolved. Too much political risk if some other douchebag were to up and off themselves.

Godless
----
--
Visions From the Darkside
The greatest extreme metal talk show of all time.
http://soundcloud.com/nocontrolradio
www.nocontrolradio.com
04.12.2012 - 18:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 04.12.2012 at 08:50

poor Randy, I don't have to think like this but it seems he will be out when he turns 60 or something if he doesn't fight his case wholeheartedly.

That's insane...
----
04.12.2012 - 18:22
Aluminum Alloy

Godless, I've gotta wonder whether that would have the effect we're hoping for. If this is motivated by a dislike of metal by the Czech government, wouldn't keeping metal out of the country be exactly what they want? All while depriving Czech fans the chance to see any shows.
I can't imagine that the metal subsection of the live music industry has the economic weight to force the government's hand either.
----
Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead
04.12.2012 - 21:57
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Everyone calm the fuck down. This is an isolated incident and no one is out to get you for being a metalhead.
05.12.2012 - 02:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
He's fucked and far from home, Charlie Brown.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
05.12.2012 - 03:40
Evil Chip

Not gonna miss him if he ends up in jail. Although the kid must've done some stupid thing in the concert to get injured to that extreme (dying).

Hits total: 3111 | This month: 6