Metal Storm logo
Leprous - Recording New Album

2013 is shaping up to be another good year for progressive metal releases, in theory. Now Leprous is back in the studio to record their next album, which is set to be released sometime before the summer of 2013 via InsideOut. The follow-up to the brilliant Bilateral is in the works. You can watch the first studio report on the video below.

The drum recordings took place in Juke Joint Studio (Notodden, Norway).

Leprous singer Einar Solberg released the following statement: "As many of you already know, we've started recording our new album. The drums are finished, and we're now focusing on the guitars. Also this time we're using Vegard 'Ihsahn' Tveitan and Heidi 'StarOfAsh' S. Tveitan as our producers / technicians. The drums were recorded in the really cool and old school Juke Joint Studio, and we're really satisfied with the result."

"As far as the new music, we can only remind you that Leprous will never be the kind of band to re-create the mood from previous works, and it's very important for us that each album has its own strong character. We have great belief in this album and we promise something fresh, challenging and soulful! This album will also be mixed and mastered by Mr. Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios."

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Leprous
Posted: 04.12.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 91 users
04.12.2012 - 13:05
InnerSelf
proofread free
I like
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
04.12.2012 - 13:11
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Made my week....Can hardly wait
04.12.2012 - 13:25
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Good news this morning !
----
04.12.2012 - 14:31
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Yes please! Strong character is what they're all about, I'm sure they won't disappoint.
04.12.2012 - 14:53
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Niiiiiiiiiice. And production in charge of Ihsahn + Heidi and Bogren, this will be great.
I didn't realize how good the drummer was until I heard Ihsahn's latest record, hope he shines through a bit more for Leprous on this one
04.12.2012 - 17:10
Fredd
Account deleted
Oh my yaaaaaaay!
04.12.2012 - 17:42
Westvann
I'm so going to buy this Bilateral was one of my favorite albums of 2011 so I have huge expectations for this one

I'm also really excited to see what musical direction they're going to take for this effort, what do you guys think?
05.12.2012 - 05:44
Stabby
Account deleted
"The follow-up to the brilliant Bilateral is in the works" no objective journalism for you

But I agree, it was great and this album in on my to-listen list.
05.12.2012 - 21:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 05.12.2012 at 05:44

"The follow-up to the brilliant Bilateral is in the works" no objective journalism for you

It's just an undisputed fact I will fight whoever says otherwise!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.12.2012 - 03:06
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 05.12.2012 at 21:17

Written by Guest on 05.12.2012 at 05:44

It's just an undisputed fact I will fight whoever says otherwise!

You have my sword!

If not objective then at least highly intersubjectively awesome as evidenced by their impressive Metalstorm ratings.
06.12.2012 - 03:55
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
And my bow! (Dammit why do I have to be Legolas..)

Hits total: 2763 | This month: 6