Metal Storm logo
Spektr - Reveal New Album Details

French experimental black metal band Spektr is set to release a new album entitled Cypher on February 5th in Europe and February 19th in North America through Agonia Records. This will be the successor to 2006's Near Death Experience.

According to the label, "Cypher is an experimental black metal album, recorded entirely without vocals except sampling. The album introduces industrial and ambient elements and as a whole should be considered as a strongly psychedelic release; it produces a feeling, as if the mind of the listener, dragged into the music, were unable of concentrate itself or were experiencing a powerful hallucinogen effect."

The band also states: "Six Years of burning visions for the Spektr to return wrenched from the hermetic silence of Initiated Temples. The Ectoplasm Cypher thus stands as the Stone-Principle emerging out of Philosophal fumes - the transcended transcription of the most sealed occultism on audio format. Spektr commits, Agonia endorses - I'll Be Right There In The Afterlife - and we ain't going nowhere."

Cypher tracklist:

01. Hermetism
02. Teratology
03. The Singularity
04. Solitude
05. Antimatter
06. Solve Et Coagula
07. Cypher
08. Decorporation
09. Le Vitriol du Philosophe

Source: agoniarecords.com
Band profile: Spektr
Posted: 04.12.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 17 users
04.12.2012 - 15:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
For a French band that made industrial black metal I was never really keen on Spektr but maybe they'll do a Reverence and surprise me by making something a bit kick-ass, as that description would suggest it could be.

Hits total: 2011 | This month: 7