Metal Storm logo
Scarve

19.05.2006 - 11:40
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Hailing from France (heh, where else?) they play a form of technical death/thrash with some industrial undertones. They are absolutely amazing to say the least. They're kind of a mix of Meshuggah, Strapping Young Lad, Fear Factory and Darkane yet have their own distinct style. I can see this band appealing to a huge array of metal fans, be they into melodeath or heavier tech death and thrash as they can transcend aggression and melody with expert precision.

The thing I love the most about this band is the originality of the riffs. Compelling and catchy but also highly technical and precise. The drumming is second to none and they employ two vocalists to handle both the growls and the non-emo sounding clean vox.

And finally, here's the first song from their best album 'Irradiant' which I strongly urge you to seek out as it's a nigh on perfect album:

http://deimos.curious.be/~Scarve/audio/SCARVE-Mirthless_Perspectives.mp3
25.05.2006 - 15:53
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Boing
28.05.2006 - 20:14
ISAAC
Account deleted
I'm just listening to the album Irridiant now... and so far it's pretttyy goood. Are their previous albums "Translucence" and "Luminiferous" worth checking out?
well either way ill probably end up downloading them to see
21.01.2007 - 09:07
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
At times they remind me of some The Haunted. Check out their Mirthless Perspective song for example, the drumming there, the riffing and even the vocals to some extent... now that I think about it, this song has an Opeth-like guitar intro too, that is undeniably.
----
Christless
16.07.2007 - 14:03
Meuterei
Account deleted
I just recently found out about these guys and I have to say I'm quite impressed!
16.07.2007 - 16:59
APOHAKC
The Bard
Not bad, but it is nothing new, and these songs, although they are quite good, got me bored after some (not very llong) time. They could put some inovatives and make some fine decent album, because they oviously have talent to do that, but I doubt they will achieve anything with sound like this
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
17.07.2007 - 10:21
Meuterei
Account deleted
The more I listen to it, the more it grows on me. But then again I've always been into this kind of semi-industrial metal. (The page here on MS lists them as technical death, but I think that's a bit off...)

EDIT: Hahaha, post #666
29.01.2008 - 21:25
RockeRoy

check out hacride and textures if you like this band
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell