12. Whorehouse Blues

Top 20 albums of 2004: 17
Featured in "Getting Into: Motörhead"

Additional info
Produced and mixed by Cameron Webb.

Guest review by
el_funkydude
Rating:
Motorhead. What more can be said? Not many bands have had the drive, determination, or originality needed to constantly deliver quality metal for almost 30 years; but Motorhead has done just that. Under the direction of Lemmy Kilmister (a.k.a. God), Motorhead forged an easily recognizable sound in the late 70s/early 80s and have continued riding that same horse to this day. However, many fans began to wonder about Motorhead's future, following the lack of recent new material (with the exception of 2002's lackluster release Hammered). Motorhead's response? Inferno.

Read more ››
published 09.06.2005 | Comments (9)

Found in 28 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 713 users
21.01.2013 - 19:20
megadeath13
Account deleted
What a monster of an album! Motörhead shows that they are still one of the "heaviest" bands around and show no remorse. This album sounds totally refreshing and different from the other Motörhead albums.
22.07.2014 - 00:03
Lit.
Account deleted
The string section on Keys To The Kingdom is gorgeous.
12.07.2020 - 00:59
Rating: 9
metalriff

In the name of tragedy
----
1001 Metal albums to hear before you die
https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6531
17.05.2022 - 14:48
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
The sound on this album is phenomenal, the riffs are heavy AF, and the solo's are amazing, I also really like the lyrics, there is such aggression and in them, but Lemmy's vocals aren't his best imo.

"In The Name Of Tragedy", "Suicide", "Life's A Bitch" and "Keys To The Kingdom" are the standout tracks here for me, the rest aren't as good but still impressive.
17.05.2022 - 15:24
gavdann

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 17.05.2022 at 14:48

The sound on this album is phenomenal, the riffs are heavy AF, and the solo's are amazing, I also really like the lyrics, there is such aggression and in them, but Lemmy's vocals aren't his best imo.

"In The Name Of Tragedy", "Suicide", "Life's A Bitch" and "Keys To The Kingdom" are the standout tracks here for me, the rest aren't as good but still impressive.

Inferno is one of their greatest later period albums.
17.05.2022 - 15:59
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by gavdann on 17.05.2022 at 15:24

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 17.05.2022 at 14:48

Inferno is one of their greatest later period albums.

This is the first I've heard it in a long while, I remember just how impressed I was with it, and it still sounds just as good now.
02.01.2024 - 23:56
Rating: 10
pandrstudios

This is such an outstanding album, I dare to say that it might be my favorite Motörhead record. Every song is so damn memorable and there are very few albums in general that give me that impression. As mentioned above this album changes their usual style up a bit and the band delivers banger after banger. At the very least this should be on the "must-listen-list" of everybody that sympathises with the bands unique style of heavy metal.

Hits total: 18084 | This month: 86