Metal Storm logo
LP data base?

11.12.2012 - 08:40
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Recently, I am looking into purchasing more vinyls. But you know... when you're into this sort of hobby, you'd also be interested to know how many copies there are, how many pressings and different limited editions. Is there some reliable database around that I can look up on such info?

discogs.com doesn't always seem to tell me how many copies there are in each pressing / edition
----
loves 小巫
11.12.2012 - 14:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ag Fox on 11.12.2012 at 08:40

Recently, I am looking into purchasing more vinyls. But you know... when you're into this sort of hobby, you'd also be interested to know how many copies there are, how many pressings and different limited editions. Is there some reliable database around that I can look up on such info?

discogs.com doesn't always seem to tell me how many copies there are in each pressing / edition

I still haven't found a really good realible extensive one on it.
Metal Archives from time to time mentions how many copies there are of a vinyl pressing and in what colour in their additional info box. But nowhere do they mention the matrix number of the versions (important if you want to avoid bootlegs of official releases)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.12.2012 - 14:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
For example on While Heaven Wept's vast Ocean Lachrymose MA says:
Released on DLP by Iron Kodex and High Roller on February 6, 2010.
- 350g gatefold sleeve.
- 180g black vinyl.
- Limited to 500 copies.

but there is a pressing on 1LP from about half a year before this pressing on the US label Maniacal Records, and there are also different vinyl colours available of the HRR pressing. Plus they have repressed it.

And for example Procession - The Cult Of Disease entry doesn't mention the repress by HRR and only mentions the Iron Kodex pressing
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996