Metal Storm logo
Technical Death Metal poll

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 30.11.2006 - 23:36
I'm not an expert on this genre in any sense, as you can see by the poll choices. I basically tried to pick the bands that most seem to agree are Technical Death Metal. While I've grown to hate poll's with an "Other" option, I felt that this one needed it because one can usually argue whether a band is technical or not.

As for myself, I'm at a tie between Martyr and Psycroptic. Both are bands I was introduced to recently, and both are very solid. I guess I'll go with Martyr at this point. Their music hit me faster than Psycroptic's so I'll go with them.

What about you?

Poll

Your favorite?

Other
Atheist
Cynic
Psycroptic
Pestilence
Gorguts
Demilich
Quo Vadis
Martyr

Total votes: 165
12.01.2017 - 17:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ganondox on 12.01.2017 at 10:59

Aside from Psycroptic, Athiest, and Gorguts, the poll options confuse me. Cynic isn't really techdeath, and why those other bands over countless more popular techdeath acts?

The poll was opened in November 2006, so, it is safe to say that Cynic were techdeath, due to them only having released demos and one album up to that date.

Why Pestilence over countless others? Simple... they were immensely influential with Testimony Of The Ancients and Spheres.
Why Demilich? Insane band and immensely popular in the underground on the back of just one album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.01.2017 - 19:44
Ganondox

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.01.2017 at 17:15

Written by Ganondox on 12.01.2017 at 10:59

Aside from Psycroptic, Athiest, and Gorguts, the poll options confuse me. Cynic isn't really techdeath, and why those other bands over countless more popular techdeath acts?

The poll was opened in November 2006, so, it is safe to say that Cynic were techdeath, due to them only having released demos and one album up to that date.

Why Pestilence over countless others? Simple... they were immensely influential with Testimony Of The Ancients and Spheres.
Why Demilich? Insane band and immensely popular in the underground on the back of just one album.

It's still pushing it to call Focus techdeath.

I guess most of it looks odd because I didn't realize how old the poll is, and I was thinking about what techdeath is most popular now, not then.
21.01.2017 - 23:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Mithras is the one for me.
26.01.2017 - 17:26
VIG
Account deleted
!T.O.O.H.! or Demilich, probably !T.O.O.H.! though