Metal Storm logo
Best Stratovarius song

Original post

Posted by FOOCK Nam, 01.12.2006 - 12:36
Stratovarius is a veteran band of their genre. They have many good songs. I hesitate to choose among Before The Winter, Forever, Coming Home. In the end, I pick Coming Home out. The guitar of Coming Home in particular and the melody in general is too mellow, catchy and easy to captivate, and its lyric also is beautiful. Anyways I want to know your best song of Stratovarius, its not must be only 1, can be 2 or 3, I mean the songs which you are into most of Stratovarius
19.09.2009 - 20:53
-Mayhem-

Destiny.
The most epic emotional in your face and uplifting song this universe has ever heard.
There is nothing better when you are feeling down.
First it pumps you with energy and then calms you down.
12.12.2009 - 00:52
prk

Black diamond and its not even close!
----
well that's just like... your opinion, man...
13.01.2010 - 14:12
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Now diggin a lot the super-flower Stratovarius . I have choosed Destiny before, but ''Liberty'' and ''Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace?'' (that sound a lot like a cover ) are just beautiful.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
23.11.2012 - 11:23
LichBorne

Hunting high and low.
I remember the time when I listened power metal. Stratovarius was my favourite band. and album Infinte was my favourite!
06.04.2013 - 01:47
EW

Elysium.
08.04.2013 - 19:02
Aristarchos

Not a fan of them, but Dream With Me is a great ballad.
09.04.2013 - 11:21
Hellbrann

Eagleheart. An obvious choice, but a song that introduced me to power metal.
Darkest Hours comes a close second because of it's lyrics that mean a lot to me.
----
Druantia | Folk metal
09.04.2013 - 17:56
Metal_Elle

I can't make a choice, it's too difficult...There are son many Strato songs that are great...Impossible for me to answer this question...
09.04.2013 - 21:45
Starchild

So hard to pick one, i'll try with five, but damn, even that is difficult

Destiny, Anthem Of The World, Black Diamond, Elysium, Freedom
10.04.2013 - 08:20
Berserk

Elysium, Unbreakable, Hunting High and Low, and Soul of a Vagabond.
----
Fear the Old Blood
01.05.2013 - 23:13
musclassia

Their long songs are actually pretty impressive - the likes of Visions, Infinite, Elements, and especially Elysium are all among their best. However, if I had to listen to one SV song, it would definitely be Hunting High and Low
15.07.2013 - 11:33
Stunning Cactus

Being (probably) my favorite band, it is incredibly difficult to choose a favorite song. I haven't even heard all of their songs yet, but I have heard a significant amount. I'll choose something in the vein of 5 songs...if I can D:

"Forever" - The beautiful ballad that was with me from the beginning. I could not go without this song.

"Freedom" - I remember getting really upset about something that had happened to me (girl wise), and instead, I chose to listen to this song. No lie, my mood was lifted and I realized it wasn't worth being upset about. It's a powerful song, and I can't thank Stratovarius enough for it.

"Destiny" - while "Infinity" is one incredible epic (as most of their epics are), this one is probably my favorite one. Not just the meaning of the song, but the layout and the writing. It takes you on a journey, and you'll be wanting to experience it again and again.

"A Drop In The Ocean" - This is probably a lesser known song of theirs, off of Elements Pt. 1. It is absolutely beautiful, painting perfectly for me an image of being in the middle of an ocean (even though that's just a metaphor ). I love songs that have colorful imagery and sweeping orchestration, and this is a great example.

...guys, I feel like I'm just naming songs. It's too hard. I can't do it. >_< I love so many of their songs so much.
15.07.2013 - 17:58
FOOCK Nam

Forever is very great song , it is very famous song in Asia even common people dont know it is from an metal band : )))))
19.07.2013 - 00:15
Wukk

It might be an unusual choice, but I've developed a soft spot for Celestial Dream. It's just different... and really nice to listen to. I'd really like them to do more songs like this.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator