Metal Storm logo
Best Stratovarius song

01.12.2006 - 12:36
FOOCK Nam
Stratovarius is a veteran band of their genre. They have many good songs. I hesitate to choose among Before The Winter, Forever, Coming Home. In the end, I pick Coming Home out. The guitar of Coming Home in particular and the melody in general is too mellow, catchy and easy to captivate, and its lyric also is beautiful. Anyways I want to know your best song of Stratovarius, its not must be only 1, can be 2 or 3, I mean the songs which you are into most of Stratovarius
01.12.2006 - 14:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well I never realy had liked this band so much but i like first 3 albums what wa sdiferent, it was 80ties heavy metal whit power elements
From old Stratovarius
It wa sinfluenced ffrom Iron maiden, Black Sabbath lil bit simmilar soudn how early Taort

From 'Fright Night'' I like
Timo Tolkki on vocals

Good song are ''Fright Night'' and instrumental ''Fire Dance''
From secend album Stratovarius II I like ''Madness Strikes at Midnight'' and ''The Hills has Eyes'' and from 3th ''Dreamspace'' this song ''Wings of Tomorrow''

But in Kotipelto time only one song I like ''Against The Wind'' in tyem official MySpace are this video
Realy good song, ist all what I like from this band so early Stratovarius waas the best
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.12.2006 - 00:10
Dragonheart
Account deleted
Well, several songs come to my mind immediately. Coming Home is a wonderful ballad, and it's also the song that brought me to metal. Kiss of Judas is great - actually, most of 'Visions' is: Paradise, Legions, the title track... Another favourite of mine is Fantasia from Elements Part I, awesome symphonic piece. Against the Wind and the classic Hunting High and Low are also songs I like well.
02.12.2006 - 03:39
Bitch Boy
"The kiss of Judas" is my favorite one, but there are lots of excellent songs: "Falling into fantasy", "Speed of light", "Dreamspace", "S.O.S.", and many more...
02.12.2006 - 03:44
Daru Jericho
I have so many favourites. I like the build-up nature of 'Kiss Of Judas' and it has some great guitar parts but one of the most underrated Strat songs is from the also underrated Episode album, 'Eternity'. Those vocals sound so emotional and so volatile. Good work Kotipelto!
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

02.12.2006 - 03:51
danzig111
Account deleted
I would firstly like to say that STRATOVARIUS ARE MY FAVOURITE BAND OF ALL TIME!!!

.....though i don't like their early stuff (Tolkki's voice ruins it), They have soooo many great songs which inspire me and encourage me to hold my head up high. Their song lyrics are like my bible. Tolkki is a fucking Demigod when it comes to guitarring

But wow though they have many good songs, the one i like most is without a doubt, "Speed Of Light"!!!

then after that, i like "Liberty", "No Turning Back", "Find Your Own Voice", "Hunting High And Low".....damn what a great band.
02.12.2006 - 18:18
GrimRocker
Account deleted
just gonna drop a post cuz i aint got much time. Father Time has to be my favorite by stratovarius.
05.12.2006 - 07:09
?Bodomchild?
Visions !! its my fav song from them cuz have to many changes and a lot of melody , but there are better songs cuz Visions its cool but if you want a fast song u have Speed of ligth ho its a killer one, and if u want a slow one u have Forever and also have a instrumental so there are a lot of songs for every taste
----
asd
05.12.2006 - 15:03
Sunioj
MM...speed of light, against the wind, twilight symphony, phoenix, and I side with K7, the first three albums are just awesome altogether and are actually pretty heavy.
05.12.2006 - 18:58
duyhung
Account deleted
My favourite songs of Stratovarius ? Many, many. But I can list some : Destiny, Forever, SOS, Coming Home, Mother Gaia, Black Diamond, Paradise, Against The Wind, Father Time....
06.12.2006 - 06:46
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
I cant say a favourite but here are my top5:
-4th Reich
-Anthem of The World
-Forever
-Tears Of Ice
-Black Diamond
08.12.2006 - 01:46
Spirit Crusher
Account deleted
My favourite would have to be "A Million Light Years Away". The song has awesome riffs, very strong chorus and a killer solo. The same would have to go for "Abyss of Your Eye" and "Hunting High and Low" Stratovarius are absolute masters at what they do.
08.12.2006 - 13:03
eximius
I could say I love Stratovarius but it will sound gay so I will write down the songs
Black Diamond, Forever , Speed of Light , SOS , Paradise and many more
08.12.2006 - 14:37
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Against The Wind i like a lot of stratovarius but thats my favorite the keyboard and guitar solo is perfect and the chorus are so catchy
----
Stay Metal !!!
08.12.2006 - 15:04
danzig111
Account deleted
@Grimrocker: I've been listening to "Father Time" alot recently too

Where have all the years gone? That's what I am asking now. What have I learned so far? Tell me Father Time. Tell me now.....
10.12.2006 - 08:41
joaquin
well i say legions,coming home,Speed of Light,Black Diamond , dam they are a lot
but if i have to say just 1 i dont know
----
courage to chage the things and wisdom to know the difference

real gamers never die, they just respawn
11.12.2006 - 02:55
danzig111
Account deleted
Fuckkk and at the moment I am in love with their song, "Coming Home" ! One of the best power ballads ever written!
24.02.2007 - 08:47
Danny Thomas
even though i think their older stuff is better, i have always been partial to "Falling into Fantasy". the mood is peaceful, but the chorus seems to yank at my emotions. i get really vivid imagery as well about where my soul goes after i die. in saying that, i think this would be a great song to play at my funeral
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
24.02.2007 - 14:05
darksun
They are the best ballad writers in the metal area.I have lots of nominess for the best.Coming Home,Forever,Before the Winter or When The Night Meets the Day.And if we are talking about energetic songs i can say Black Diamond,Paradise,cover of I Surrender and bla bla...
Forget about all.......all songs of them awesome.This is my best answer.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
25.02.2007 - 13:33
APOHAKC
The Bard
There are so many great Stratovarius songs, since I have to choose only one I will go for Paradise, that is real awesome song, full of melodies and energy, and I like the lyrics too. But there are so many other songs... Will The Sun Rise, Speed Of Light, Fahter Time, Distant Skies... God, they are so awesome

@Darksun - They have great ballads, my favorite is Season Of Change, really like that ballad...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.02.2007 - 14:52
GT
Coffee!!
staff
My favorite tracks is 'Hunting High And Low' but they have made so many great tracks
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.02.2007 - 19:58
Zenzero
Zenzero
I think that visions is the best album by stratovarius!so I choose a song from there!!
I don't know if choose paradise or black diamond.... both them are great!!!
16.03.2007 - 03:53
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Find your own voice, deffinitely. It has a lot of power and energy, and the lyrics have a really cool message.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
07.04.2007 - 21:37
Stratowarrior
the for me is Destiny but i like all stratovarius songs but the bests are destiny and it's a mystery..
STRATOVARIUS is the best band ever no matter what people will say
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
21.05.2007 - 05:50
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Hunting High & Low is my favorite.
Stratovarius are awesome, but iv always considered them to be one of those bands that makes three or four exceptional song on an album while the rest are just ok.
21.05.2007 - 17:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Destiny and 4000 Rainy Nights...they are both awesome (but i had to confess i hadn't heard all yet)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.05.2007 - 11:12
ToCSiN
Account deleted
I would go for Before The Winter it has some bad memories R.I.P George!
04.10.2007 - 03:52
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Black Diamond I guess....
09.10.2007 - 23:44
Mustis
Account deleted
Black Diamond and Hunting High and Low
11.10.2007 - 00:40
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
also Twilight Symphony is great i like season of change and Mother gaia a lot too
----
Stay Metal !!!