Metal Storm logo
Graveland

19.05.2006 - 12:35
Highlander
Account deleted
Just starting a thread for Graveland.

What does everyone think of this band? I like them coz Darken creates some great music. I like the music, but not the ideology behind it. Favourite album is probably The Fire Of Awakening or the last release Fire Chariots Of Destruction.
19.05.2006 - 12:47
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Fecking awesome band indeed. They command so much respect.

I confess I've only heard 'Thousand Swords'. I can't imagine why I haven't looked into them more.
19.05.2006 - 12:54
Gelu
Account deleted
Great Band! Perfect medieval-anti-christian atmosphere!
This band was a geat surprise to me, actually, i find it better then the first Satyricon in medievalistic mood...
I stick to In The Glare of Burning Churches , Carpathian Wolves ,The Celtic Winter, Following the Voice of Blood.
19.05.2006 - 12:57
Highlander
Account deleted
Following The Voice Of Blood is a good album.

I think the whole Viking era of Graveland is the best. When Capricornus left, Darken well changed style. Fire Of Awakening shows how great a writer Darken is.
25.07.2006 - 01:58
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I only have the fire of awakening and is a good work, even i don't like Black pagan things
25.07.2006 - 04:58
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Was this band racist, or did they have new-nazi themes. Not just anti-semitic, or against religion...but against actual groups of people.

??
----
Brujerizmo!
25.07.2006 - 12:19
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Konrad on 25.07.2006 at 04:58

Was this band racist, or did they have new-nazi themes. Not just anti-semitic, or against religion...but against actual groups of people.

??

So what if? Who the fuck cares? Listen to the music, wich is not very original, and don't mind Rob Darken's ideologies.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.07.2006 - 15:51
Ruines
Account deleted
Not very original ? Darken is the greatest individual of the viking metal scene imo. Even tought Bathory started it all, i prefer Graveland's work. It's far more epic.

As for the ideology, Darken is a REALLY moderate guy compared to most of the nsbm scene. His band Graveland is not ns, it's simply about pride, wisdom, odinism, fighting judeo-christianity and being a warrior, fighting for your beliefs. All those are good ideologies do u not agree ?

I can't pick a fav album since i LOVE them all. But i would certainly pick "To the North of Rubicon" (on "Dawn of Iron Blades" album) as my favourite Graveland song. Hails Darken, hails Graveland !

http://www.myspace.com/truegraveland <--- for a preview of the upcoming album
25.07.2006 - 16:27
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by Damnated on 25.07.2006 at 12:19

??

So what if? Who the fuck cares? Listen to the music, wich is not very original, and don't mind Rob Darken's ideologies.

Easy dude. All I did was ask a question...I didn't say HOW DARE this band for being Anti-Judeo Christian and worshipping Odin. Oh my, I can't stand bands who pay homage to Zeuss and Hercules either. Not to mention...you're telling me to listen to them BECAUSE they're unoriginal. That makes sense.
----
Brujerizmo!
25.07.2006 - 16:30
-tom-
Mr FancyPants

??

calm down. it was a perfectly reasonable question.

for an insight into darken's views, rather than wondering whether to simply label him as racist, read this: http://www.vinlandwinds.com/graveland/interviews.html

i have some respect for darken in a similar way to how i respect varg. he has intelligent things to say and even if you have contrasting views, you should at least be able to appreciate what hes saying. .
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
25.07.2006 - 16:34
Ruines
Account deleted
Written by Konrad on 25.07.2006 at 16:27

Easy dude. All I did was ask a question...I didn't say HOW DARE this band for being Anti-Judeo Christian and worshipping Odin. Oh my, I can't stand bands who pay homage to Zeuss and Hercules either. Not to mention...you're telling me to listen to them BECAUSE they're unoriginal. That makes sense.

Graveland is NOT unoriginal !
And you mixing odinism and greek mythology made me laugh quite a bit ha ha
25.07.2006 - 19:03
Damnated
Churchburner

??

I don't need to say it again, what I said, if you don't get it, it's your problem.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
28.07.2006 - 07:22
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by Guest on 25.07.2006 at 16:34

Graveland is NOT unoriginal !
And you mixing odinism and greek mythology made me laugh quite a bit ha ha

Keh. I snorted SO hard at this *still trying to recover*

Okay I'm gonna go not-spam somewhere else >.< if this was too much I'll delete it, I just swear I couldn't resist, that root post of the chain was begging for it! ^^' sorry sorry

EDIT: Okay so instead of making this pure spam I'll just add that I raise my hand on not-likeing the ideology behind the band, as Mr. started-of-the-thread clearly stated, yeh that's all
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
28.07.2006 - 15:44
Ruines
Account deleted
Written by Linak on 28.07.2006 at 07:22

Keh. I snorted SO hard at this *still trying to recover*

Okay I'm gonna go not-spam somewhere else >.< if this was too much I'll delete it, I just swear I couldn't resist, that root post of the chain was begging for it! ^^' sorry sorry

EDIT: Okay so instead of making this pure spam I'll just add that I raise my hand on not-likeing the ideology behind the band, as Mr. started-of-the-thread clearly stated, yeh that's all

But what about the MUSIC you leg fetishist mexican freak ?
28.07.2006 - 16:32
danzig111
Account deleted
I used to be sort ov a fan.......but i don't know, one day i realised the music was too boring and repetitive! i mean those nordic soundscapes he makes in the viking era are great and the songs sound okay for like 2 or 3 mins, but when he makes those bunch ov 10 minute songs, damn it gets to boring! And the vocal talent is lacking.
28.07.2006 - 16:44
Ruines
Account deleted
A lot of people seem to dislike darken's vocals. I actually really like them, they fit the songs perfectly imo. I agree the length of the songs can make you dislike Graveland tought, but i personaly have no problem with that, i like repetitive riffing when it's done nicely.
28.07.2006 - 22:34
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by Guest on 28.07.2006 at 15:44

But what about the MUSIC you leg fetishist mexican freak ?

Well girl I think you're SO overrating the music, must be the whole kvltness thing going on in you you know I don't think this band is extraordinary at all, but I think we've talked about this... *wonders* oh well
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
03.08.2006 - 14:08
Highlander
Account deleted
Actually had a big talk with my mate one day in a practiceand he's a big Graveland fan and he gave good examples on how Graveland isnt NSBM. "Broadened" my view on Graveland.
06.08.2006 - 00:44
AnoTher_HanD
Account deleted
I Only know the album "Carphatian wolves", and its a good music, but the nazi-ideology of Rob Darken is just shit to me...
07.08.2006 - 16:15
Ruines
Account deleted
His ideology has nothing to do with nazis. And Rob Darken never salutes his comrades with a 14/88 or a sieg heil. He always end his messages through the net with "White man unite". His ideology is based a lot more on a racial interpretation of odinism, rather than nazism. People seems to be mixing this up waaaaaaay too much.

To get back on topic, i was wondering, how many of you prefer the black metal era Graveland to the viking era ?

I personaly enjoy the viking era much more because of the pride inspired by the songs and the overall atmosphere, the more complex guitar riffing and the more enjoyable melodies !
08.08.2006 - 01:10
Highlander
Account deleted
I prefer the Viking era.Thousands Swords is a good album, but can't beat The fire Of Awakening.
08.08.2006 - 16:52
ScottishWarrior
Account deleted
OmG rOb DaRkThRonE iZ a BaD rAcIsT mAn!1

... only joking.

I think his music is full of power and pride from the black metal era - viking/black era.
Highly recommended!
04.10.2006 - 13:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
If you talk about polish band from Wroclawa where mamber whit name Robert are mamber in Lord Wind, then its so mzing and gret band, I wish I can get full CD colection, but so deep historical metal musician and poet in same person so great band i realy love all thay stuff specely instrumentals
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.10.2006 - 23:57
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Am I the only person who does not like this band at all whatsoever? I'm not sure what it is, as I love Viking themed music and epic Metal in general, but I have never liked Graveland. I find his works to be long, boring, uninspired, drawn-out, watered-down 'Hammerheart'-era Bathory rip offs. However, that is just my opinion.
----
The force will be with you, always.
05.10.2006 - 00:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Clintagräm on 04.10.2006 at 23:57

Am the only person who does not like this band at all whatsoever? I'm not sure what it is, as I love Viking themed music and epic Metal in general, but I have never liked Graveland. I find his works to be long, boring, uninspired, drawn-out, watered-down 'Hammerheart'-era Bathory rip offs. However, that is just my opinion.

in that case you shood study more Polish history in midle ages before Poland was big counrty, maybe thats what can help you and this music isnt about vikings but about all, also about slavonism themes
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.10.2006 - 04:38
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Bad English on 05.10.2006 at 00:09

Written by Clintagräm on 04.10.2006 at 23:57

Am the only person who does not like this band at all whatsoever? I'm not sure what it is, as I love Viking themed music and epic Metal in general, but I have never liked Graveland. I find his works to be long, boring, uninspired, drawn-out, watered-down 'Hammerheart'-era Bathory rip offs. However, that is just my opinion.

in that case you shood study more Polish history in midle ages before Poland was big counrty, maybe thats what can help you and this music isnt about vikings but about all, also about slavonism themes

Perhaps, but that won't help me in the music enjoyment department.
----
06.10.2006 - 16:16
Ruines
Account deleted
Graveland is 10 times better than Bathory imo. His work is absolutely NOT boring or uninspired.
07.10.2006 - 00:17
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Guest on 06.10.2006 at 16:16

Graveland is 10 times better than Bathory imo. His work is absolutely NOT boring or uninspired.

This is one thing that I have to greatly disagree on. I won't ask you how you can't find him boring or uninspired since it's all opinion, but I'll just say I think the complete opposite. However I will say that Bathory comment is completely ridiculous. I respect your opinion though.
----
07.10.2006 - 00:28
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I've been listening to Gravelands work the last couple of days, it's not bad and I still have quite a few albums and demo's to go through. I read the above posted interview, Darken seems to have some interesting perspectives, nothing revolutionary in terms of pro-white but his talk of old Poland was interesting to know, and it makes me curious to do some research.
08.10.2006 - 13:11
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
I reckon 'Thousand Swords' was a decent album, enjoyed it quite a bit, but for some reason that's about as far as I could get with Graveland.