Metal Storm logo
Graveland

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 12:35
Just starting a thread for Graveland.

What does everyone think of this band? I like them coz Darken creates some great music. I like the music, but not the ideology behind it. Favourite album is probably The Fire Of Awakening or the last release Fire Chariots Of Destruction.
06.02.2007 - 11:49
Highlander
Account deleted
The new samples of the new album sound amazing, can't wait for the release!
06.02.2007 - 18:12
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.02.2007 at 11:49

The new samples of the new album sound amazing, can't wait for the release!

I agree, heard some songs on myspace and they where great.
07.02.2007 - 02:04
Himann
Orm KrigGud
@ James, will try out The Fire of Awakening somehow.

What is their myspace address?
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
07.02.2007 - 11:42
Highlander
Account deleted
truegraveland

Throne Of Granite reminds me of Fire, epicness!
12.03.2007 - 23:29
Basso
Account deleted
This damn band is like a drug, once you get stuck on it there is no going back, and it requires more and more of you... I am becoming obsessed by Graveland, slowly, but steadily
13.03.2007 - 02:15
TheDamned
Account deleted
Just got The Fire of Awakening , and indeed Four wings of the sun is amazing . It took time to grow on me , but now I have to get hold of the new album .
11.04.2007 - 02:49
baldur
i just discovered that band and i gotta say nice band!!
11.04.2007 - 17:02
Basso
Account deleted
The new album leaked a while ago on the net, and as the "leech-before-buying" guy I am I downloaded it. It is great, and keeps the Graveland spirit as one would expect. Fans of previous releases will love it
17.04.2007 - 20:46
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by Guest on 11.04.2007 at 17:02

The new album leaked a while ago on the net, and as the "leech-before-buying" guy I am I downloaded it. It is great, and keeps the Graveland spirit as one would expect. Fans of previous releases will love it

I completely agree with you. The new album is absolutely great, something akin to ' Not like the previous ones' is what's Graveland are managed to do. It is clear that Graveland were intent on making this new affair a tad more developmental. I will maybe review it, but as long as you are waiting for it, I can just say that "Will Stronger Than Death" is either going to excite or frustrate depending on your feeling about it. Anyway, the only unfortunate thing here is the vocals...I let you give me your verdict ;p).
22.10.2008 - 17:37
MathC
Account deleted
UP

Samples from the next album can be heard on Graveland's myspace profile and to be honest, I'm expecting the best release from Graveland with this forthcoming album. Spears of Heaven sounds fantastic.

http://www.myspace.com/truegraveland
01.05.2009 - 19:05
Smurfophagist
This is an exceptional band. My favorite albums are Immortal Pride and Thousand Swords. I don't get it, why do people whine so much about 'Thousand Swords' the production seems pretty much ok to me.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
01.05.2009 - 19:33
Winterfog
Written by Guest on 14.10.2006 at 17:07

I have listened to Carpathian Wolves and Fire Chariots of Destruction and I found it rather boring. Not bad, but nothing specacular either.

I have Carpathian Wolves and I also find it quite boring, I like the first three songs then the sound becomes repetitive...
01.05.2009 - 19:59
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
The new one is pretty good I think
06.05.2009 - 16:25
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
I have heard only "Celtic Winter" and "Thousand Swords", both are excellent although a bit slow for my taste. I love how they mix the folk elements with BM without using cheesy melodies(unlike moonsorrow and ensiferum).

Drumming is great.
11.09.2009 - 19:28
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Diabolos on 01.05.2009 at 19:59

I found it extremely boring... it's overlong and sounds the same all the time... the last Graveland album I liked was The Fire Of Awakening
11.09.2009 - 21:06
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Guest on 11.09.2009 at 19:28

I found it extremely boring... it's overlong and sounds the same all the time... the last Graveland album I liked was The Fire Of Awakening

It is not one of their best, you're right, but it's a decent album imo
11.09.2009 - 21:23
Galar
Wicked Mung
If you ask me the music is average except for carpathian wolves.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
11.09.2009 - 23:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Carpathian Wolves, Immortal Pride, Creed Of Iron, Dawn Of Iron Blades and possibly even Will Stronger Than Death are good...but the last album is horrible, unoriginal, boring, whatever...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.10.2009 - 05:26
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Graveland is good. One of my fav unsung heroes is Mithotyn
18.10.2009 - 15:58
Lord_Regnier
Written by Guest on 11.09.2009 at 19:28

I found it extremely boring... it's overlong and sounds the same all the time

That's the problem I have with Graveland. A few songs are good but many songs are way too long for what they have to offer. Way too repetitive. The 'looping efffect' is quite present and gets boring rather quickly.
It's lacking in the vocals department too.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
18.10.2009 - 18:57
Lord_Regnier
Written by Guest on 06.02.2007 at 11:30

"Windir, Power Metal? Don't know what you've been listening to, but they're pretty straight Viking/Black Metal to my ears."

Sorry, meant Wintersun and Ensiferum.

Wintersun and Ensiferum are PM. Some people label them as melodic BM or melodic DM but, imo, they're fucked up. If you put the harsh vocals aside and think only of the music, it sounds like PM.
Same for CoB.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
26.10.2009 - 21:27
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
I listen to Graveland every morning esp. Will Stronger Than Death, to get me pumped up for the day.Great band, great music, and of course great ideology
17.12.2009 - 05:09
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Finally got the chance to check them out. And its ok. The raw black metal is outstanding, the epic/viking is ok. ''Carpathian Wolves'' won the best album imo, I simply digged that album hard. Fire Chariot of Destruction gets to be the best in the viking era.

Althou is very true, and I agree with most of people here, that 99% of his songs are way longer than necessary. We can see that in every album.

But Graveland's discography is first class metal works (Memory and Destiny was the most boring and annoying, but not bad). Really liked the band.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
18.12.2009 - 17:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well the problem appears to be the fact, that Darken has somehow run out of ideas...last two albums are almost completely same...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.12.2013 - 10:39
Fordy
I think Graveland is a great band. I just wish they were featured on metalstorm, because they are not an NSBM band (like some believe), Darken has even said this.
09.12.2013 - 12:50
Vombatus
Potorro
I always found odd that Burzum are accepted here yet Graveland, that is on the same boat, is not. But band databasing isn't MS strong points, so I don't mind much.
10.12.2013 - 19:27
no one
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 09.12.2013 at 12:50

I always found odd that Burzum are accepted here yet Graveland, that is on the same boat, is not. But band databasing isn't MS strong points, so I don't mind much.

on which boat ? the loony boat or the racist boat. Sorry don't no much about Graveland, only that i don't like there music.
10.12.2013 - 23:28
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Guest on 10.12.2013 at 19:27

on which boat ? the loony boat or the racist boat.

Both

No, more seriously now. Some people say Burzum is acceptable coz Varg does not mix Burzum with his political ideas. Rob Darken does the same thing but Graveland is still considered NSBM.
I find the reasoning a bit inconsistent, but who knows...
11.12.2013 - 07:17
no one
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 10.12.2013 at 23:28

Written by Guest on 10.12.2013 at 19:27

on which boat ? the loony boat or the racist boat.

Both

No, more seriously now. Some people say Burzum is acceptable coz Varg does not mix Burzum with his political ideas. Rob Darken does the same thing but Graveland is still considered NSBM.
I find the reasoning a bit inconsistent, but who knows...

Maybe it's justified because Burzum was one of the pioneers of second wave black metal and Graveland is just another band
07.02.2016 - 17:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since 2015 Graveland is not one man BM band
In some way I suggest band stop using drum programming, but real drums, more concentrate to create proper album, not sinply write 30 albums, idea is good but performance is not , btw most WP song is written by Absurd dude, same time band maybe has ideas, but still musically its not good , better proper good sounding album, and damn I hate cassettes... I say band somewhere lost , maybe Poland is wrong country to start? Maybe in Finland it would go better, somehow this is if you own one CD its enough, whole disco wehhh maybe in eternity here time don't exist, but demo can fuck off
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing