Metal Storm logo
Sentenced

Original post

Posted by Xaphiris, 01.12.2006 - 16:39
More than a year has passed since Sentenced split up. To this day on, I still hope, that they'll be back, that they'll feel the urge to sing again or even that the whole split-up is just a publicity stunt. I want you guys to write your opinions and feelings regarding them.
27.03.2007 - 10:22
MH
Written by Doc G. on 27.03.2007 at 05:32

Ive heard a few Sentenced songs and I really liked them, but when I went to the band page it said 'Suomi metal' under styles.....which makes me scared to buy one of there albums, I would like to get a death-ish sounding album but I dont wanna end up with an album that sounds like HIM. Can someone help me here?

You'll want one of the older albums then. I think that at least up to Amok they're not Suomi metal..
28.03.2007 - 05:00
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I heard this band for the first time some days ago, and I really liked them. They're the perfect combination of metal for me: Heavy touch, excellent vocals that aren't extreme, nice riffs...
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
28.03.2007 - 06:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 28.03.2007 at 03:10

Written by Doc G. on 27.03.2007 at 05:32

Ive heard a few Sentenced songs and I really liked them, but when I went to the band page it said 'Suomi metal' under styles.....which makes me scared to buy one of there albums, I would like to get a death-ish sounding album but I dont wanna end up with an album that sounds like HIM. Can someone help me here?

If you want old school style Death Metal get the debut Shadows Of The Past or if you want Melodic Death classic shit then get North From Here (this album is supreme eh) or Amok (this album is also supreme eh and damn good).

Yeah melodeath I think was the style im looking for. thanks.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.03.2007 - 01:24
Stratowarrior
yeah is such a shame they split up i love those depressive songs and hopefully one day they'll reunite again
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
29.03.2007 - 02:57
DeathFist
Account deleted
I hears one song from them on music choice i want to know more
29.03.2007 - 19:56
Wiille
Account deleted
I borrowed a CD from the library that was called: Crimson. A really good album, again. And again a really good band from Finland!
12.04.2007 - 03:58
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Just watching the "Buried Alive" dvd and remembering THE FUNERAL CONCERT , the very last concert and realizing , I don't see those guys never again

Makes you wondering , doesn't it
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
22.04.2007 - 22:31
charon
Account deleted
A fantastic band, such a shame they split...does anyone know a group thats very similar?
23.04.2007 - 04:40
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I've been listening to them a lot lately.- They're the band for brokenhearted moments. I really like those romantic-depresive songs... For the love I bear is awesome, and it always makes me smile with the burp, but then it's sad and melancholy again.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.04.2007 - 01:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Downloaded a couple of albums, never expected I'd like them. But they surprised me, it's ok music. I listen to only one song though, since I don't really care about 'overplaying' them. That song is 'Cross My Heart And Hope To Die', of course. Combines all their elements for me. Good song.

Probably won't be listening to them anymore after a week or two, though.

EDIT: By the way, some of their lyrics sound totally emo.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.04.2007 - 05:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 30.04.2007 at 01:53

By the way, some of their lyrics sound totally emo.

Seriously though...they have pretty whiny 'I've suffered and got through a lot of shit and you don't know how bad it could be' kinda crap but the music is pretty decent...
30.04.2007 - 15:33
Hyvaarin
I wouldn't describe the lyrics as whiny at all - they're extremely melancholic and morose, in a way that can't be touched by ANY "emo" band you're thinking of.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.04.2007 - 19:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well...their lyrics are certainly too melancholic and depressing for me
30.04.2007 - 21:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
I just saw one of the best metal videos ever
Sentenced - No One There
Really great video, little different of what I use to watch
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.04.2007 - 22:38
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah dude it0's nice video he hee
im still waiting to see a DVD
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
09.05.2007 - 14:32
SirHooke
Written by APOHAKC on 30.04.2007 at 21:12

I just saw one of the best metal videos ever
Sentenced - No One There
Really great video, little different of what I use to watch

I totally agree with you, it is a really good video. Its not overly agressive like some death/gore vids, its not too cheesy/surreal like some power clips, it is just something that totally suits the song, its like it is a part of life, the feeling described in the song..
09.05.2007 - 14:41
FOOCK Nam
They are the only band IMO more heavy touch than Soumi compared to other Soumi bands.
20.06.2007 - 17:37
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 30.04.2007 at 05:52

Written by Lucas on 30.04.2007 at 01:53

By the way, some of their lyrics sound totally emo.

Seriously though...they have pretty whiny 'I've suffered and got through a lot of shit and you don't know how bad it could be' kinda crap but the music is pretty decent...

Maybe not so Emo. Depressive and melancholic and totally romantic, but not emo. Ideal for broken hearts.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

22.06.2007 - 20:40
Bash'
:)
Depressive lyrics really .. I like them .. alot really .. so creative ..

Vengence Is Mine is great song, great lyric, great chorus, perfect performance ..

BTW Sentenced IMO is much away better than Poisonblack as for Ville being here and there ..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
01.07.2007 - 23:21
OneWithMisery
Quote:
EDIT: By the way, some of their lyrics sound totally emo.

Omfg...emo...wtf is your problem...just go listen to some emo/neo/metalcore whatever...and than make the comparison..
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
02.07.2007 - 02:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Don't get all upset.. I was simply joking..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.07.2007 - 14:16
OneWithMisery
Written by Lucas on 02.07.2007 at 02:18

Ok then..but it was not a funny joke though.
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
05.07.2007 - 20:16
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

It was funny for me
----

05.07.2007 - 22:39
OneWithMisery
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.07.2007 at 20:16

It was funny for me

Different humor taste I guess..
----
05.07.2007 - 23:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bash' on 22.06.2007 at 20:40

BTW Sentenced IMO

Joke wright when band play there wa sno EMO and EMO acn not write such lyrics because ..... ok man lyrics are so awsome and amazing, poetical and depresive good for cold autumn night

EDDIT: Motley Crue lyrics are EMO
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.07.2007 - 23:29
OneWithMisery
Written by Bad English on 05.07.2007 at 23:10

Written by Bash' on 22.06.2007 at 20:40

BTW Sentenced IMO

Joke wright when band play there wa sno EMO and EMO acn not write such lyrics because ..... ok man lyrics are so awsome and amazing, poetical and depresive good for cold autumn night

EDDIT: Motley Crue lyrics are EMO

Yeah, when will people understand that just because a metal band has suicidal theme in their lyrics, it actually has NOTHING to do with EMO??? So "99 Ways to Die" by Megadeth is EMO? Or "Be All, End All" by Anthrax? Or Pantera with Suicidal notes pt.1 and pt.2? And "Cold Murderous Music" by Carpathian Forest??? Gosh..
----
05.07.2007 - 23:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by OneWithMisery on 05.07.2007 at 23:29

[Yeah, when will people understand that just because a metal band has suicidal theme in their lyrics, it actually has NOTHING to do with EMO??? So "99 Ways to Die" by Megadeth is EMO? Or "Be All, End All" by Anthrax? Or Pantera with Suicidal notes pt.1 and pt.2? And "Cold Murderous Music" by Carpathian Forest??? Gosh..

I dont think thay will seems thay dont know EMO are new think and such type lyrics was even in Black Sabbath and then BS are EMO
And I doubt someone understand Oulu landscape and how terible winter are there and nature, because those thinkss inpirate Sentenced lyrics
----

apos;'
[image]
05.07.2007 - 23:43
OneWithMisery
Written by Bad English on 05.07.2007 at 23:34

[Yeah, when will people understand that just because a metal band has suicidal theme in their lyrics, it actually has NOTHING to do with EMO??? So "99 Ways to Die" by Megadeth is EMO? Or "Be All, End All" by Anthrax? Or Pantera with Suicidal notes pt.1 and pt.2? And "Cold Murderous Music" by Carpathian Forest??? Gosh..

I dont think thay will seems thay dont know EMO are new think and such type lyrics was even in Black Sabbath and then BS are EMO
And I doubt someone understand Oulu landscape and how terible winter are there and nature, because those thinkss inpirate Sentenced lyrics

Since I'm like their biggest fan, I know what inspired them, yeah..like Ville said-cold winters, too much vodka, and dark days.
----
05.07.2007 - 23:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by OneWithMisery on 05.07.2007 at 23:43

Since I'm like their biggest fan, I know what inspired them, yeah..like Ville said-cold winters, too much vodka, and dark days.

Yes but remeber also DM dams I personaly love early stuff more in death metal era and I perfect understand such band I know how cold can be there in Oulu
----

apos;'
[image]
05.07.2007 - 23:51
OneWithMisery
Written by Bad English on 05.07.2007 at 23:45

Written by OneWithMisery on 05.07.2007 at 23:43

Yes but remeber also DM dams I personaly love early stuff more in death metal era and I perfect understand such band I know how cold can be there in Oulu

Yeah, but I don't think Taneli's voice would be proper for their newer material..just can't imagine him singing:since your love was taken away my heart's been beating empty beats..his voice is just too sharp..but perfect for their early material (which was all about death, too)..Man, I always wanted to go to Finland, my favourite county whatsoever...and I actually like cold and snow--offtopic, I know
----