09. Phantasmagoria
10. Imprisoned In Flesh
11. Sky Lifter [instrumental version] [Japanese bonus]
12. A Funeral Request [1993 version] [Japanese bonus]

Disc II [2009 re-release bonus]
01. Hypnos 164
02. Cosmic Funeral
03. The Voyage Of The Homeless Sapien
+ "Ethereal Reflections", a 40-minute brand new documentary with key original band members, filmed in Coventry in 2009
    1 - Musical Progression
    2 - A Major Deal
    3 - Manor Studio
    4 - The Artwork
    5 - Tension Rising
    6 - Fashion Sense
    7 - Disco Doom
    8 - Exit Adam
    9 - Where Are You Now?
    10 - Reflections

Guest review by
Candlemass
Rating:
Cathedral's second release contains both Stoner rock and Doom metal, experimenting with swinging passages and psychedelic rock, blues-rock painted riffs and darker Black Sabbath and Candlemass-type of doomy riffs of loss and ruin. Creating a pretty unique experience, especially for its time and era, Cathedral sets the sound for the releases to come, and "The Ethereal Mirror" will later prove to be a very influential release for modern doom metal of the 90's.

Read more ››
published 24.07.2008 | Comments (3)

Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 265 users
23.12.2012 - 10:31
megadeath13
Account deleted
Its not the typical doom metal album like the previous ones, but its a good stoner metal album. I like it very much.
09.11.2013 - 16:34
Rating: 6
Erik M.

The style of this album isn't appealing to me at all. I expected something great like the debut, but that definitely isn't the case.
24.11.2013 - 20:45
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

Definitely one of the band's best albums, if not the best for me personally. The musical change means that songs such as 'Rise' and 'Midnight mountain' aren't as doom-laden or indeed downbeat as 'Enter the worms' or the frankly astounding 'Phantasmagoria', yet surprisingly this doesn't hinder the quality at all. Splitting in 2013 means that we can all celebrate two decades of this fantastic album.
16.03.2016 - 22:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Erik M. on 09.11.2013 at 16:34

The style of this album isn't appealing to me at all. I expected something great like the debut, but that definitely isn't the case.

IMO this is best, depute was more like ''real stoner doom'' here we have more stoner rock orientation, still in doom family
Only one song stands out Midnight Mountain, Fountain Of Innocents intro riffs are good
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 9229 | This month: 33