07. Grosse Barbe
08. Corpus Tristis
09. Scarlatti 2.0
10. Toothpaste
11. Infinite Loop

Guest review by
angel.
Rating:
I remember from a documentary on musical notes production and history, that the ancient Chinese believed music is the answer of human beings to their surroundings and nature. In this regard mostly their music is based on the five-tone instead of seven-tone scale.

Hence I would say Igorrr has got the best, righteous and exact answer to our surrounding, nature and environment by means of music. What do we have? We have chaos, no clear patterns for events, sometimes disastrous incidents and there are moments filled with pure beauty and bittersweet emotions.

Read more ››
published 27.03.2013 | Comments (24)

Staff pick by
Account deleted
It really doesn't matter what you've listened to in 2012, nothing comes within a light year of how schizophrenic, eclectic, bizarre, unique and brilliant this record is. Experimental breakcore and blasting cybergrind punctuated by modern classical piano and violin, arias, Latin guitar, chickens, fluttering bird wings, vacuum cleaners (no joke) and who knows what else.

Seriously. Unless you've heard this then you've heard nothing like this.

And it's French. Shut up and give him your money.

!J.O.O.E.!'s picks | More picks ››

Found in 23 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 132   Visited by: 650 users
24.12.2012 - 03:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Album of the year for me.
24.12.2012 - 03:40
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 24.12.2012 at 03:38

Album of the year for me.

When you said earlier that he just outdone himsef I just had to check it out to make sure you weren't saying crazy things... and fuck me sideways if this isn't a masterpiece. I just can't believe how it got even better than the previous. I know they don't play the same stuff... But to me: Igorrr and Mories are THE two artists I admire that just can't fail from what I've heard so far.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.12.2012 - 03:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.12.2012 at 03:40

When you said earlier that he just outdone himsef I just had to check it out to make sure you weren't saying crazy things... and fuck me sideways if this isn't a masterpiece. I just can't believe how it got even better than the previous. I know they don't play the same stuff... But to me: Igorrr and Mories are THE two artists I admire that just can't fail from what I've heard so far.

Yeah, their individual talent towers above pretty much everyone else right now. Their ability to take dozens of sounds, styles and elements and combine it into brilliantly constructed and intelligent, thought out songs is second to none.
24.12.2012 - 03:46
Rating: 8
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
"Music with metal in it"

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.12.2012 - 03:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.12.2012 at 03:46

"Music with metal in it"

Kind of a staff joke until we figure out how to succinctly sum up his style without flooding the genre bit with a dozen different styles
24.12.2012 - 03:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 24.12.2012 at 03:45
Yeah, their individual talent towers above pretty much everyone else right now. Their ability to take dozens of sounds, styles and elements and combine it into brilliantly constructed and intelligent, thought out songs is second to none.

I wonder if they could work together... Their approach and main goal to their music is very different but the way of working, structures and variation of gazillions of styles has many similarities.

Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.12.2012 at 03:46
"Music with metal in it"

Yeah... we can be kind of lazy xD. It turned up as a joke while we come up with a decent classification.

EDIT: Fuck, ninja'd
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.12.2012 - 03:50
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Experimental would suffice I think
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.12.2012 - 03:51
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
It's really good doe.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.12.2012 - 04:07
Slayer666
Way too much stuff going on to be taken in after one spin. Gonna have to try again.
24.12.2012 - 04:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 24.12.2012 at 04:07

Way too much stuff going on to be taken in after one spin. Gonna have to try again.

I listened to it about 6 or 7 times yesterday, and today once on the way to the train station, twice on the train and once more on the walk here and I'm just now getting my head around everything and understanding the songs. Of course I've had the benefit of knowing this band since 2008 and the chance to listen to the two records before this religiously.
24.12.2012 - 10:48
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
There are Jazz sections, saxophones, and then electronic sections with jazz and saxophone and a vacuum vocalist with choir and small puppies... Looks like I have a new favorite artist.
24.12.2012 - 11:42
IronAngel
Haha, what a reaction.

Sounds pretty cool. In fact, very cool. I'll hold off on ratings or list positions for now, but I can safely say it won't be in my top 10 but it will be in towards the top. Then again, this year my "top" is very long and so many albums deserved a very good rating, so it might not appear too high. We'll see.
24.12.2012 - 11:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 24.12.2012 at 04:13
I listened to it about 6 or 7 times yesterday, and today once on the way to the train station, twice on the train and once more on the walk here and I'm just now getting my head around everything and understanding the songs. Of course I've had the benefit of knowing this band since 2008 and the chance to listen to the two records before this religiously.

I loved it from the get-go. Then again, I was listening to the previous albums quite a lot the past few weeks so...
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.12.2012 - 13:28
Rating: 10
PocketMetal
I love crazy stuff like this , thank you .
24.12.2012 - 14:51
Rating: 7
Hallford9000
This blew my mind away. Thank you Steve/Dave. I heard about Igorrr a few months ago, but didn't give them a try. Now i regret it.
24.12.2012 - 15:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
My pleasure guys
24.12.2012 - 15:21
Rating: 10
Paz
elite
High expectations for this, we'll see...
24.12.2012 - 15:55
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Fuck? "Absolute Psalm" is fucking boss.

As been familiar with their previous albums, other songs tends out to be bit "already-checked-it-out" feeling. No offence.

That's heavily true that he's a very talented musician who will stun many more fans with his innovative music.
24.12.2012 - 16:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.12.2012 at 15:55

As been familiar with their previous albums, other songs tends out to be bit boring. No offence.

But, a very talented guy who will stun many more fans with his innovative music.

If you like Absolute Psalm then you might like Igorrr's other project WHOURKR. Basically a more extreme, glitchy version of Igorrr with all the classical and other such bits taken out and concentrating on insane cybergrind parts. Pretty intense stuff.
24.12.2012 - 16:06
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 24.12.2012 at 16:02

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.12.2012 at 15:55

As been familiar with their previous albums, other songs tends out to be bit boring. No offence.

But, a very talented guy who will stun many more fans with his innovative music.

If you like Absolute Psalm then you might like Igorrr's other project WHOURKR. Basically a more extreme, glitchy version of Igorrr with all the classical and other such bits taken out and concentrating on insane cybergrind parts. Pretty intense stuff.

I surely will check that out.

Thanks
24.12.2012 - 19:30
Unhealer
Eclecticist
"tags: electronic baroque baroquecore breakcore dubstep electronica hardcore idm mash-up super awesome music Berlin"

No joking, this album bi-winningly fun. And I though nothing could break into my favorites on the year... this one might.
24.12.2012 - 19:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Unhealer on 24.12.2012 at 19:30

"tags: electronic baroque baroquecore breakcore dubstep electronica hardcore idm mash-up super awesome music Berlin"

No joking, this album bi-winningly fun. And I though nothing could break into my favorites on the year... this one might.

I'm pretty adamant that there's no dubstep in this though =P
24.12.2012 - 19:48
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Guest on 24.12.2012 at 19:32

I'm pretty adamant that there's no dubstep in this though =P

I have no idea Only dubstep I've listened to is a few Skrillex songs and the ending of Diablo Swing Orchestra's latest album, and there's a lot of people saying Skrillex is not actually dubstep so who knows. By reading at the wikipedia description it actually fits this somehow (as errantly as any possible tag could fit this music) and well, if Igorrr himself says it at least it was an influence
24.12.2012 - 20:20
Uldreth
Written by Unhealer on 24.12.2012 at 19:48

I and there's a lot of people saying Skrillex is not actually dubstep so who knows

Save for a couple of tracks, it isnt dubstep.
24.12.2012 - 23:29
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Just got this based on Joe's incessantly high marks and bragging. Now I just have to actually listen to it and see what this album is all about.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

24.12.2012 - 23:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 24.12.2012 at 23:29

Just got this based on Joe's incessantly high marks and bragging. Now I just have to actually listen to it and see what this album is all about.

Well you gave it a thumbs up so you can't find it that offensive

And yeah, when I really like something I tend to shove it down people's throats
25.12.2012 - 00:05
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Guest on 24.12.2012 at 23:47

Well you gave it a thumbs up so you can't find it that offensive

And yeah, when I really like something I tend to shove it down people's throats

Yea, my thumbs up is based on those 2 tracks you posted in another thread. I definitely liked what I heard there, I'm listening to this right now (on Cicadidae atm). Along with this this I'll also be checking out WHOURKR.
----

25.12.2012 - 00:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 25.12.2012 at 00:05

Yea, my thumbs up is based on those 2 tracks you posted in another thread. I definitely liked what I heard there, I'm listening to this right now (on Cicadidae atm). Along with this this I'll also be checking out WHOURKR.

Cool beans. WHOURKR are good, but I feel they sometimes collapse under the massive weight of their own insane craziness. I prefer Igorrr's sense of exploration and mixing of styles and sounds.
25.12.2012 - 00:16
Uldreth
I need to check this out...
25.12.2012 - 00:24
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Guest on 25.12.2012 at 00:10

Cool beans. WHOURKR are good, but I feel they sometimes collapse under the massive weight of their own insane craziness. I prefer Igorrr's sense of exploration and mixing of styles and sounds.

I've listened to a couple tracks off 4247 Snare Drums and it's interesting stuff. Can't say I prefer one over the other since one is "avant garde" and the other is like straight cybergrind (proper genre?) so depending on my mind I will want one or the other. I do definitely really enjoy Igorrr's sense of experimentation and style-mashing for sure though.

@Uldreth, you should def get this asap, it's really awesome stuff. Bandcamp
----

Hits total: 19041 | This month: 53