07. Grosse Barbe
08. Corpus Tristis
09. Scarlatti 2.0
10. Toothpaste
11. Infinite Loop

Guest review by
angel.
Rating:
I remember from a documentary on musical notes production and history, that the ancient Chinese believed music is the answer of human beings to their surroundings and nature. In this regard mostly their music is based on the five-tone instead of seven-tone scale.

Hence I would say Igorrr has got the best, righteous and exact answer to our surrounding, nature and environment by means of music. What do we have? We have chaos, no clear patterns for events, sometimes disastrous incidents and there are moments filled with pure beauty and bittersweet emotions.

Read more ››
published 27.03.2013 | Comments (24)

It really doesn't matter what you've listened to in 2012, nothing comes within a light year of how schizophrenic, eclectic, bizarre, unique and brilliant this record is. Experimental breakcore and blasting cybergrind punctuated by modern classical piano and violin, arias, Latin guitar, chickens, fluttering bird wings, vacuum cleaners (no joke) and who knows what else.

Seriously. Unless you've heard this then you've heard nothing like this.

And it's French. Shut up and give him your money.

!J.O.O.E.!'s picks | More picks ››

Found in 23 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 5

Comments: 132   Visited by: 650 users
25.12.2012 - 00:39
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 24.12.2012 at 19:32

I'm pretty adamant that there's no dubstep in this though =P

The last minute of Scarlatti 2.0 has some "dubstep"y-ness to it, same with the very end of Toothpaste. Or at least those parts sound like what I associate dubstep as in my mind.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

25.12.2012 - 00:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 25.12.2012 at 00:39

The last minute of Scarlatti 2.0 has some "dubstep"y-ness to it, same with the very end of Toothpaste. Or at least those parts sound like what I associate dubstep as in my mind.

Didn't pick up in that, but perhaps the odd bit of dub.
25.12.2012 - 01:07
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 25.12.2012 at 00:42

Didn't pick up in that, but perhaps the odd bit of dub.

Well I'm not the voice of dubstep here either though. You would probably know way better than me what is or is not actually dubstep. I like the wobble bass sound that is associated with dubstep groups like Skrillex and Excision (that is also used by The Algorithm, KoRn and Exotype) but in general I'm not a big fan of dubstep. I checked out a dozen or so dubstep artists about a year ago through youtube and the only one I really liked was Excision, his music is a bit on the slow side for me (I prefer my electronic music to be relatively faster paced) but I still liked it way more than Skrillex or any of the others I checked out (funny opinion, Excision's music sounds like Transformer sex music ). The only other one I really dug was some Greek guy whose name I can't remember for the life of me that was something like Cube or Cubix or something (at least I'm pretty sure his name had something to do with Cube somehow) and I'd love to find him again.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

25.12.2012 - 01:22
JD
Account deleted
I'm glad this band finally made it on ms.
25.12.2012 - 08:14
Fat & Sassy!

It's like Mr. Bungle on fast-forward. I'm not sure what to think of this yet. x3

So, are all the non-synth instruments recorded on the their respected individual instruments by this guy or are they just mixed samples?
25.12.2012 - 13:06
Rating: 10
Paz

Damn this album raped my brain
25.12.2012 - 13:09
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.12.2012 at 08:14
So, are all the non-synth instruments recorded on the their respected individual instruments by this guy or are they just mixed samples?

I own the first 3 cds and most of the instruments like strings, banjo, saxophone and others are credited to session musicians. I think he takes care of all guitars (both acoustic/electric) and most of the vocals (some growls and vocals are credited to other fellas). There are of course many samples from well known classical compositions. It's quited difficult to known what has been performed by the guy himself, session musician or by a sample but somehow I think that's the beauty of it. The only thing I do know is that he's still responsible for everything (read: insanely brilliant songwriting) in the end.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.12.2012 - 13:28
Sync
Account deleted
This probably one of the most briliant things I've heard in a looong while. And I thought Unexpect was was a mess... >.>
25.12.2012 - 14:52
Rulatore

Maybe I should try this shit a bit more. I'm not sure if I'm liking it or not, but it's weird (and I still don't know if in the good or bad way )

Edit: I'm so jealous of you, after the 2nd listen I didn't feel the magic
25.12.2012 - 16:12
Fredd
Account deleted
By god i shall listen to this tonight.
25.12.2012 - 17:32
Rating: 7
Hallford9000

Written by Guest on 25.12.2012 at 16:12

This made me lol really hard.
25.12.2012 - 17:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I believe an Igorrr CD was given to baby Yeshua by one of the Magi.
25.12.2012 - 18:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 25.12.2012 at 17:42

I believe an Igorrr CD was given to baby Yeshua by one of the Magi.

He gave it to him once he found out no one gave a flying fuck about Myrrh.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.12.2012 - 18:31
Rating: 8
Qube

Nostril was better
25.12.2012 - 18:53
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Hallford9000 on 25.12.2012 at 17:32

Written by Guest on 25.12.2012 at 16:12

This made me lol really hard.

hahahaha why?
25.12.2012 - 19:03
PocketMetal

Almost didn't sleep last night listening to this shit till dawn ... one of the best things I've ever heard . brought back memories of the days I would listen to Unexpect and D:S:O all the time.
25.12.2012 - 19:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I'm very glad Igorrr are on the site. Now I just need to somehow wangle Boards of Canada into the database and my life will be complete
25.12.2012 - 20:12
Fredd
Account deleted
Top notch avantgarde.

This is the musical equivalent of ADHD. Vegetable soup is my favourite track for two reasons; CHICKENS! and the lady saying "شربة خضار"
25.12.2012 - 20:28
Hallford9000

Quote:
Hahahaha why?

Because I scrolled through the comments once more, grinning at all that praise and I was imagining what would someone, who didn't hear the album yet, think. Then came your comment and I lol-ed and thought: Fuck Yeah!
25.12.2012 - 22:21
Uldreth

Written by psykometal on 25.12.2012 at 01:07

Well I'm not the voice of dubstep here either though. You would probably know way better than me what is or is not actually dubstep. I like the wobble bass sound that is associated with dubstep groups like Skrillex and Excision (that is also used by The Algorithm, KoRn and Exotype) but in general I'm not a big fan of dubstep. I checked out a dozen or so dubstep artists about a year ago through youtube and the only one I really liked was Excision, his music is a bit on the slow side for me (I prefer my electronic music to be relatively faster paced) but I still liked it way more than Skrillex or any of the others I checked out (funny opinion, Excision's music sounds like Transformer sex music ). The only other one I really dug was some Greek guy whose name I can't remember for the life of me that was something like Cube or Cubix or something (at least I'm pretty sure his name had something to do with Cube somehow) and I'd love to find him again.

I don't want to hijack the thread out of being pedantic but just because I can:

Dubstep is not really defined by the wobble bass sound, it has a very definable set of characteristics. Original dubstep was played around 140 BPM with the percussion being at half tempo. This is what gives the tracks that slow and empty feeling, and it also means dubstep is NEVER "driven" by the rhythm. Percussion is generally a rearranged Amen-break and it is NEVER a simple four-to-the-floor type beat and early dubstep took tons of influence from jamaican dub music (hence the name).
It was quiet and atmospheric with most of the music being overwhelming sub-bass, but much less in higher frequencies.

Then came the so called "brostep", essentially a type of post-dubstep, which is more aggressive and has most of the music in frequencies similiar to metal guitars. Excision belongs to this category, but this is still dubstep because it has all other characteristics of the genre. I do not consider Skrillex to be dubstep because, while he might have a couple of dubstep-ish tracks and defo took influence from the genre, he plays in different tempoes and percussions, and is far closer to a type of electro-house with glitchy synth. That is usually referred to as complextro.

I have no clue if there is dubstep in this though because I haven't listened yet but I definitely will!
25.12.2012 - 23:50
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 25.12.2012 at 20:12

Top notch avantgarde.

This is the musical equivalent of ADHD. Vegetable soup is my favourite track for two reasons; CHICKENS! and the lady saying "شربة خضار"

One of the album's highlights
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
26.12.2012 - 08:46
Rating: 8
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Uldreth on 25.12.2012 at 22:21

Written by psykometal on 25.12.2012 at 01:07

I don't want to hijack the thread out of being pedantic but just because I can:

Dubstep is not really defined by the wobble bass sound, it has a very definable set of characteristics. Original dubstep was played around 140 BPM with the percussion being at half tempo. This is what gives the tracks that slow and empty feeling, and it also means dubstep is NEVER "driven" by the rhythm. Percussion is generally a rearranged Amen-break and it is NEVER a simple four-to-the-floor type beat and early dubstep took tons of influence from jamaican dub music (hence the name).
It was quiet and atmospheric with most of the music being overwhelming sub-bass, but much less in higher frequencies.

Then came the so called "brostep", essentially a type of post-dubstep, which is more aggressive and has most of the music in frequencies similiar to metal guitars. Excision belongs to this category, but this is still dubstep because it has all other characteristics of the genre. I do not consider Skrillex to be dubstep because, while he might have a couple of dubstep-ish tracks and defo took influence from the genre, he plays in different tempoes and percussions, and is far closer to a type of electro-house with glitchy synth. That is usually referred to as complextro.

I have no clue if there is dubstep in this though because I haven't listened yet but I definitely will!

Thank you very much for updating wiki on DUBSTEP.

Now, get your ass back on this forum topic and discuss about this album(if you want to?!).

btw, Bandcamp tags are sometimes NOT CORRECT. If you really wanna wobble about "tags/genre", then you should check the band's official website out.
26.12.2012 - 11:19
Uldreth

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.12.2012 at 08:46

Thank you very much for updating wiki on DUBSTEP.

Now, get your ass back on this forum topic and discuss about this album(if you want to?!).

btw, Bandcamp tags are sometimes NOT CORRECT. If you really wanna wobble about "tags/genre", then you should check the band's official website out.

Wiki is incorrect and inadequate in many things, I took most of this information off my own experiences and from discussions with music nerds from MMOChampion, no clue what is on wiki.
Also, many times artists themselves have no clue what genre they play. Unless you accept that Children of Bodom is not power metal and The Acacia Strain is not deathcore.
It is so pointless for you to play surrogate mod since then you'd have to moderate every second post of yours, and then I am being generous.
26.12.2012 - 22:30
skydancer

WTF did I just hear? Well, whatever, it was awesome. I feel violated.
26.12.2012 - 22:37
MechanisT
Account deleted
This album is just bloody darn fantastic. Has a distinctive, unique sound of their own that I'm really digging.
26.12.2012 - 22:48
CapA

Da fuq
27.12.2012 - 01:09
Vermoorden

What the hell is this?!? I hate it yet love it at the same time. So bizarre.
27.12.2012 - 04:21
Evil Chip

Really fun record to listen. The eclectic postmodern mix of styles turns me off a bit.
27.12.2012 - 06:31
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Vermoorden on 27.12.2012 at 01:09

What the hell is this?!? I hate it yet love it at the same time. So bizarre.

Basically what I'm feeling. I can't tell if I hate it or love it yet, but I'm pretty sure I like it. My mind is still reeling from everything that's happening in each song.

Edit: Yeah, it's pretty fuckin' awesome. After a few more listens, I might even give it a 10, depending on how I feel after my brain has worked it all out. Not sure why it's on metalstorm, as it has barely any metal in it at all (of course, I've only heard this one album) but that's perfectly okay with me. I'm glad it's on here.
----
27.12.2012 - 09:24
InnerSelf
proofread free
Igorrr is a crazy insane genius, getting mindfucked by the album and lovin' it.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.

Hits total: 19028 | This month: 40