Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden & Opeth

27.12.2012 - 06:53
AmA
Account deleted
It's a few months that i'm checking... Opeth 62 or 63 fans behind Iron Maiden. Always fixed distance! Since they were like in 2500s, and now near 3000. This makes me doubt if those are manipulated stats!?
31.12.2012 - 11:59
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
What kind of manipulation I wonder? Like when Iron Maiden fans see that more Opeth fans appear, they create fake accounts with Iron Maiden in favorites?

My initial hypothesis was simply that there are many Opeth fans who like Iron Maiden and vice versa. When I checked the info, here is what I found:

- Out of Iron Maiden fans 1076 also like Opeth
- Out of Opeth fans 1074 also like Iron Maiden.

This pretty much confirms like hypothesis. If there was some sort of manipulation on the part of Iron Maiden fans, we would see many less Iron Maiden fans liking Opeth than vice versa.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
31.12.2012 - 14:30
JohnDoe
Account deleted

it's laughable what problems some people have or make for themselves, I dunno.
31.12.2012 - 14:55
thundercunt
Account deleted
Why people even gotta waste they time wit dis kinda problem
31.12.2012 - 22:04
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Is this even a problem? I don't see why anyone should really care about this.
----
03.01.2013 - 02:20
primordial ooze

It means very little perhaps, BUT it *is* interesting to see who has the most votes on a fan-enabled website such as this! When it comes to Opeth vs. Iron Maiden, though, if both bands continue to release inferior recordings instead of albums that can stand among their great masterpieces, then perhaps starting with an unusually strong album in 2013, Amon Amarth may continue their rise to eventually eclipse them both! (in these MetalStorm rankings) --Yes, this fearless prediction assumes that Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer continue in "meh" gear and go nowhere in these rankings.
03.01.2013 - 13:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by primordial ooze on 03.01.2013 at 02:20

, Amon Amarth may continue their rise to eventually eclipse them both! (in these MetalStorm rankings)

this statement is already THE joke of 2013. That immensely boring self copying band will never even reach the popularity of Slayer, Megadeth, crappy Metallica and a gazillion other bands
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.01.2013 - 18:26
Edmund Fogg

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.01.2013 at 13:33

Written by primordial ooze on 03.01.2013 at 02:20

, Amon Amarth may continue their rise to eventually eclipse them both! (in these MetalStorm rankings)

this statement is already THE joke of 2013. That immensely boring self copying band will never even reach the popularity of Slayer, Megadeth, crappy Metallica and a gazillion other bands

Never under estimate the pwer of Fanboys!
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
03.01.2013 - 22:59
IronAngel

I want Warning and Godflesh to be number one.

I should create fake accounts!
04.01.2013 - 03:23
primordial ooze

No, no, there are better jokes in 2013 already. And, I'm no Amon Amarth fanboy. I just looked at the MetalStorm most popular bands chart: it's not my opinion, it is what it is! LOL--Amon Amarth just passed Slayer yesterday. As Mustaine once said, "Washington is Next!", but indeed, in this context, Megadeth is next! I've always liked Megadeth, but the man seems to really be turning off A LOT of metalheads with his right-wing & Christian rants in recent years. And compounding the problem, "13" was not anywhere close to one of their better albums....I find that it is much better to spin Megadeth album #12 instead, or just go straight to KILLING IS MY BUSINESS! (my first Megadeth album, bought used from Licorice Pizza Records in L.A., back in the day.)
07.01.2013 - 19:47
AmA
Account deleted