Vocals: Bernie Shaw
Guitars: Mick Box
Bass: Trevor Bolder
Drums: Russell Gilbrook Keyboards: Phil Lanzon

Produced by Mike Paxman

Staff review by
Jeff
Rating:
Sometime we have really good surprises and the new (finally) Uriah Heep is one of those! A lot of people don't really know the British combo which is, badly, not considered as a master of the Hard Rock / Heavy genre despite the fact that they're at the top of these genres since their beginning at the end of the 60's. It's sad, the band should get some better words from the press and fans but who know maybe that "Wake The Sleeper" will finally open the spirits of the ones who still don't know Uriah Heep because this release, definitely, is a great masterpiece of Hard Rock / Heavy Metal.

Read more ››
published 04.08.2008 | Comments (3)

In two weeks, the legendary Uriah Heep will release Into The Wild, their 22nd studio album. Wake The Sleeper is the band's last effort from 2008, which itself was their first in a decade, and is an amazing hard rock album that can be compared to their greats from the 70's. You'll be doing yourself a great injustice by not checking them out.

Baz Anderson's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: Fat & Sassy!

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 106 users
28.12.2012 - 01:05
Rating: 8
AndMetalForAll
kual21
Good album! It's definitely a Mick Box technical showdown... they are in great shape and continue still with the release in 2011 of Into The Wild.
----
greets,
kual21
24.01.2013 - 21:37
Rating: 10
bblitz

I agree,wonderful album,like every of these masters.They are truly magical.
28.04.2023 - 12:01
Rating: 6
majormalfunction

I'm not as impressed by this one as with Sea of Light and Sonic Origami. It's a solid set of songs but there's not that much that sticks out. The performance is top but after a few listen I feel it's for me among their least intresting albums.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands

Hits total: 11395 | This month: 32