Metal Storm logo
Avantasia - Announce South American Shows, Arjen Lucassen On New Album

It has been confirmed that Ayreon's mastermind Arjen Anthony Lucassen will also guest on Avantasia's forthcoming album The Mystery Of Time, joining the immensity of guests the band has already announced. Avantasia have also confirmed indoor shows in Argentina, Brazil and Chile in June (2013) with more South American dates to be announced soon.

Update from Tobias Sammet: "To me he used to be what John D. Rockerduck is to Scrooge McDuck: An adamant long time rival; in our case when it comes to producing Rock Operas. Well, if you can't beat your enemy make him your ally! And so I opened the door and literally invited pestilence into my world, ha! Seriously, the truth is that the 'pestilence' I'm talking about is really one of the nicest, coolest and loveliest plagues I've ever come to know, an ambitious artist through and through and a real great guitar player.

So, having just come back from a shopping tour in 2912 - where apparently he found himself a brand new pair of bad-ass pants & boots - he went into the studio to record some additional lead guitar for the forthcoming Avantasia album The Mystery Of Time: Ayreon mastermind Arjen Anthony Lucassen! Arjen, if you read this: Killer pants, hope you had a Merry Christmas and I wish you a happy 200110010013! You rock! Groetjes, Tobi."

South American tour dates:

25.06.2013 - Argentina, Buenos Aires - El Teatro
27.06.2013 - Chile, Santiago de Chile - Teatro Caupolican
29.06.2013 - Brazil, São Paulo - HSBC Hall

Source: tobiassammet.com
Band profile: Avantasia
Posted: 29.12.2012 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 123 users
29.12.2012 - 12:42
Byners

Aaaarjen Lucasseen *---------------*
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
29.12.2012 - 13:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Yea, i was right...new update every week
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.12.2012 - 16:02
WorpeX
Made of Metal
ARJEN??? Awesome. Only guitars which is a shame, but still pretty cool nonetheless!
29.12.2012 - 16:49
Patrick.

Hehe, fucking great news! This can only be a positive thing. I'm hoping Toby will do some vocals maybe on Arjen's forthcoming Ayreon as well, returning the favor in a sort of way.
29.12.2012 - 18:07
R Lewis

Written by Ellrohir on 29.12.2012 at 13:53

Yea, i was right...new update every week

It's all taken by Tobi - or Avantasia - FB page. I think it's intelligent not to give all updates together. Giving them one by one keeps the attention high, imho.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
29.12.2012 - 18:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by R Lewis on 29.12.2012 at 18:07

Giving them one by one keeps the attention high, imho.

nice euphemism for "hype"

nah, just kidding, man but still i think one update that the album is being made, one how it will be, and last when it will be out, is more than enough...and i am a fan of Ava and Tobi...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.12.2012 - 04:39
mikeprado30

Written by R Lewis on 29.12.2012 at 18:07

It's all taken by Tobi - or Avantasia - FB page. I think it's intelligent not to give all updates together. Giving them one by one keeps the attention high, imho.

That's the way Blind Guardian made the updates about "At The Edge of Time" and we see the results.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
31.12.2012 - 01:21
R Lewis

Written by mikeprado30 on 30.12.2012 at 04:39

That's the way Blind Guardian made the updates about "At The Edge of Time" and we see the results.

Well, if this album is only half as good as At the Edge of Time, we're gonna listen to a great piece of art.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
31.12.2012 - 03:58
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Quote:

"To me he used to be what John D. Rockerduck is to Scrooge McDuck: An adamant long time rival"

03.01.2013 - 19:40
Chriwalker
Account deleted
Nice! Hoping they will come visiting Norway or at least Sweden on their indoor tour!

Hits total: 2441 | This month: 4