Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2013

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 31.12.2012 - 18:09
You know the drill. Here's some rather fine sounding Cthulhu driven death metal that's not due for release until 2013, with extraordinarily beautiful cover artwork (check out the detail in the full image):

(Full image here)
18.09.2013 - 08:22
The Turbanator
Stoner/Doom from Austria

BANDCAMP
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
18.09.2013 - 19:50
The Turbanator
New Negura Bunget!

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
19.09.2013 - 02:30
Awakening - Frosttide (Melodic Death/Folk Metal)

I can see fans of Wintersun's s/t liking this one. Good stuff.

20.09.2013 - 17:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Pretty stunning one-black metal outfit from the UK. Ambient, atmospheric black metal. Some of the best I've heard in a while. If you have Spotify he has his entire discog on their under a box set which is worth listening to to see how his band develops from folky ambient to this. It's all fantastic.

20.09.2013 - 22:23
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
Vin De Mia Trix - Once Hidden From Sight (Death/Doom from Ukraine).

Released by Solitude Productions, need I say more.

Bandcamp
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
21.09.2013 - 09:52
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.09.2013 at 17:22

Pretty stunning one-black metal outfit from the UK. Ambient, atmospheric black metal. Some of the best I've heard in a while. If you have Spotify he has his entire discog on their under a box set which is worth listening to to see how his band develops from folky ambient to this. It's all fantastic.

this is pretty good
21.09.2013 - 10:43
The Turbanator
In the vein of UKBM, this is a newly formed band (January 2013) from Belfast, Ireland. Ambient Black Metal, maybe?

BANDCAMP
----
21.09.2013 - 11:26
no one
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 21.09.2013 at 10:43

In the vein of UKBM, this is a newly formed band (January 2013) from Belfast, Ireland. Ambient Black Metal, maybe?

BANDCAMP

badly scratched doom cd
24.09.2013 - 05:12
Unhealer
Eclecticist
First EP by Uroboros, a death/sludge duo from my city. Recording is not perfect, but the songs and the production are good. Second EP to be released next week.
http://cultodeuroboros.bandcamp.com/album/misantrop-a-blasfemia

27.09.2013 - 10:12
Uldreth
So Sumerian apparantly signed some random melodic metalcore band some time ago that released a full length this year.

Bogstandard melodic metalcore, but they have some tasty instrumentation and interesting vocal approaches (also probably one of the best cleans in the genre).

29.09.2013 - 17:03
Aeonian_Lich
Until Rain, Thought Chamber and Illusion Suite's sophomores are all out. 3 of them are great. Thought Chamber's is the most different one, like their debut. Michael Harris is such a talented guitarist. Until Rain and Illusion Suite's albums are mostly for prog-power listeners, yet they are more progressive than power.
30.09.2013 - 16:11
Unhealer
Eclecticist
New Corrections House song streaming HERE. The debut will be released next month, I believe it will be great based on the 7'' and the songs released so far.
02.10.2013 - 16:53
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Hardcore / Metalcore with quite a bit of black metal I would say. This is definitely going near the top of the best albums I've heard this year.

03.10.2013 - 01:40
Skeptic
Written by Guest on 02.10.2013 at 16:53

Hardcore / Metalcore with quite a bit of black metal I would say. This is definitely going near the top of the best albums I've heard this year.

I listened to the album a couple weeks ago after a very positive review on a national metal magazine and I subscribe to this recommendation, definitely one of my favorites of the year. To anyone interested in the album, the fact that the vocalist is a woman might increase your curiosity.
03.10.2013 - 08:25
no one
Account deleted
Written by Skeptic on 03.10.2013 at 01:40

Written by Guest on 02.10.2013 at 16:53

I listened to the album a couple weeks ago after a very positive review on a national metal magazine and I subscribe to this recommendation, definitely one of my favorites of the year. To anyone interested in the album, the fact that the vocalist is a woman might increase your curiosity.

Sounds like the chick from F-Minus
03.10.2013 - 21:20
Unhealer
Eclecticist
The second EP by Uroboros, released yesterday. http://cultodeuroboros.bandcamp.com/album/herej-a-exilio

04.10.2013 - 09:58
no one
Account deleted
SADHAKA - Terma

a new ritual of Cascadian Black Metal from the the U.S

http://pestproductions.bandcamp.com/album/terma
06.10.2013 - 00:21
togo95
Nice Avantgarde black metal from Slovakia here. There is definitely room for improvement, but still a worthwhile listen methinks. Sounds like new album is a bit more listener friendly than the the first one (which is very good too), although it should have been a bit shorter imo. It has also less references to dark ambient beginnings of the band (and more symphonic elements at the same time).

06.10.2013 - 15:50
Abattoir
Staff
If you are up to something quite unusual and extravagant, check out this special piece of work. Hard to define though, however it's an instrumental cello-based music, with rock/doom/classical elements. It sure provides some exceptional cello riffs.

Helen Money - Arriving Angels

Bandcamp

08.10.2013 - 19:50
togo95
And here is very strong candidate for Czech album of the year - debut release by Perfecitizen, band that arose from the remains of Alienation Mental.

http://perfecitizen.bandcamp.com/

09.10.2013 - 20:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Another great old-school cavernous death metal album.

21.10.2013 - 18:19
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.10.2013 - 15:04
Paz
Elite
Norway's Katechon debut full-length album called 'Man, God, Giant' is a decent black/death shit mastered by James Plotkin.

25.10.2013 - 18:00
The Turbanator
Doom/Sludge metal

BANDCAMP
----
25.10.2013 - 18:03
The Turbanator
Death/Thrash/Black Metal

BANDCAMP

I think I've heard this intro track before. sounds very similar but can't recall which band.
----
25.10.2013 - 18:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 25.10.2013 at 18:03

Death/Thrash/Black Metal
BANDCAMP

I think I've heard this intro track before. sounds very similar but can't recall which band.

Posted this a while ago. It's quite good. Don't remember any black or thrash in it though. To me it sounded like mid-paced death metal, somewhat like Arghoslent.
25.10.2013 - 22:17
The Turbanator
Black Metal from Poland. Band's been active since 1999.

BANDCAMP
----
25.10.2013 - 22:17
The Turbanator
Written by Guest on 25.10.2013 at 18:22

Death/Thrash/Black Metal
BANDCAMP

Posted this a while ago. It's quite good. Don't remember any black or thrash in it though. To me it sounded like mid-paced death metal, somewhat like Arghoslent.

Yeah probably you're right. I'm bad in genre-lizing
----
26.10.2013 - 14:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 25.10.2013 at 18:22

Death/Thrash/Black Metal
BANDCAMP

extremely Arghoslent like I would say, especially due to the vocal delivery and the sort of riffing. Totally no black and thrash in there, at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.10.2013 - 00:16
Matt S
I've been digging these albums this year:

-Paysage D'hiver "Das Tor"

-Dream Theater s/t

There's more, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Also, REALLY digging this black metal/ambient band I stumbled across on bandcamp called Eissturm. Looks like their EP is free here: https://eissturm.bandcamp.com/