Metal Storm logo
Thanking Metal Storm

Original post

Posted by TRPB, 05.01.2013 - 18:44
I just wanted to say thanks to Metal Storm for keeping up a non-pretentious non-flashy site that remains to be a content based site devoted to reviewing many types of metal. And importantly, lower profile bands that don't have the attention.

There are too many sites like www.lastrit.es (ex-www.metalreview.com), cvltnation.com, Invisible Oranges etc.. that are just pretentious douches.

I like your simple and direct writing. And I have found a lot of very cool stuff here that I throughly enjoy I have not seen anywhere else. So for that, I thank you.
09.01.2013 - 18:43
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.01.2013 at 18:40

Contrary to popular belief, I am of the HIGHEST order of the fish-eating kind.
So yay facebook.

EAT ME.
09.01.2013 - 18:48
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.01.2013 at 18:43

Written by Guest on 09.01.2013 at 18:40

Contrary to popular belief, I am of the HIGHEST order of the fish-eating kind.
So yay facebook.

EAT ME.

Consider your wfish granted.
"TONIGHT, I'll dine with chance".
10.01.2013 - 00:51
Oaken
Hipster
Most of the last two years of my life were spent on this site. Need I go on? Every metal band I know that isn't Metallica or Iron Maiden is a band I have to thank MS for. Every album, every recommendation, every riff. Everything. Not to mention the amazing community. I've managed to discovered many great people with whom I shared many ideas and a lot of amazing stuff. I wish I could continue and contribute more to the forums/reviews/material, yet I think my metal (or music to be more accurate) phase will be ending soon. MS didn't feel like an online forum. It felt real.
Thank you very much again,
Oaken.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
10.01.2013 - 06:02
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Oaken on 10.01.2013 at 00:51

Most of the last two years of my life were spent on this site. Need I go on? Every metal band I know that isn't Metallica or Iron Maiden is a band I have to thank MS for. Every album, every recommendation, every riff. Everything. Not to mention the amazing community. I've managed to discovered many great people with whom I shared many ideas and a lot of amazing stuff. I wish I could continue and contribute more to the forums/reviews/material, yet I think my metal (or music to be more accurate) phase will be ending soon. MS didn't feel like an online forum. It felt real.
Oaken.

Let's not forget that you also learned how to listen to satanic metal through us. And you're leaving again?! How bout this time around instead of deleting your account you just leave it alone just in case that likely scenario happens in which you find yourself drawn back to us...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.01.2013 - 09:31
Void Eater
Account deleted
Metalstorm helped make the depressing lonely nights of last year more bearable. Thank you all.
11.01.2013 - 01:47
Oaken
Hipster
Written by psykometal on 10.01.2013 at 06:02

Written by Oaken on 10.01.2013 at 00:51

Oaken.

Let's not forget that you also learned how to listen to satanic metal through us. And you're leaving again?! How bout this time around instead of deleting your account you just leave it alone just in case that likely scenario happens in which you find yourself drawn back to us...

I've only managed to listen to Deathspell Omega
Also, I've lost interest in the music for quite a few months, yet I haven't deleted my profile. Simply because the community is fascinating.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.