Metal Storm logo
Mar De Grises - Rodrigo Gálvez Quits Band

Doom metallers Mar De Grises have announced today that longtime bass player and founding member Rodrigo Gálvez has left the band. No replacement has been announced so far.

Message from the band: "It is with bitterness that we announce that our friend Rodrigo Galvez has decided to leave Mar de Grises. As a founding member of the band, Rodrigo was always a mainstay for all projects we undertook, he taught us to improve ourselves and see beyond the limits that we thought we had and likewise he has been a good influence in our lives and decisions we have made through the years.

On behalf of the band we wish Rodrigo all the success, luck and good vibes for the new direction he is to take; his legacy will continue to live in the heart of Mar de Grises and we will be forever grateful for his key contribution to this project we love so much."

Source: mardegrises.com
Band profile: Mar De Grises
Posted: 05.01.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 108 users
05.01.2013 - 20:41
InnerSelf
proofread free
the band is falling apart.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
05.01.2013 - 20:59
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Seems that way. makes me sad.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.01.2013 - 21:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by InnerSelf on 05.01.2013 at 20:41

Why? Just one of the founding members left the band. We still have Three founding members.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.01.2013 - 21:52
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.01.2013 at 21:36

Written by InnerSelf on 05.01.2013 at 20:41

Why? Just one of the founding members left the band. We still have Three founding members.

It just feels like that since it wasn't long ago that Marcelo Rodriguez also departed the band, and I don't know how effective both members are concerning the songwriting process so it might not be that bad but it could also mean the loss of a songwriter.
----
is not bold enough
05.01.2013 - 22:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by InnerSelf on 05.01.2013 at 21:52
It just feels like that since it wasn't long ago that Marcelo Rodriguez also departed the band, and I don't know how effective both members are concerning the songwriting process so it might not be that bad but it could also mean the loss of a songwriter.

Don't know about the bassist but I was never worried about the loss of Marcelo. Simply because they had a different keayboardist/vocalist on the debut... which was great... and went away after the debut, then we got Marcelo... but did we get a difference? Not that much I would say when you compare the debut to the two that followed.

Shame that the bassist left, but I would hardly say that they are falling part.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.01.2013 - 22:57
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.01.2013 at 22:02

Written by InnerSelf on 05.01.2013 at 21:52

Don't know about the bassist but I was never worried about the loss of Marcelo. Simply because they had a different keayboardist/vocalist on the debut... which was great... and went away after the debut, then we got Marcelo... but did we get a difference? Not that much I would say when you compare the debut to the two that followed.

Shame that the bassist left, but I would hardly say that they are falling part.

I'll be more than happy if i'm wrong
----
is not bold enough
06.01.2013 - 05:03
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Will shit-tits... that sucks
06.01.2013 - 09:24
Gelati

Mar de Grises are so good. This is sad
07.01.2013 - 18:17
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I hope that when they get new members for the band they will help to make some more awesome music like they did on their previous releases.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 3101 | This month: 5