Metal Storm logo
Skyforger - New Album Update

Folk black metallers Skyforger have been preparing their new album and follow-up to 2010's Kurbads. Recently, the band shared the first details about it and confirmed that the writing process is nearly finished. When they are done, the band will then record it and expect to release it in the autumn of 2013.

Vocalist/guitarist Peter Kvetkovskis posted the following update: "Since summer we have been actively working on new music and I would like to share a few words about our upcoming album. The new album will be dedicated to Old Prussians - now an extinct Baltic people, who lived in a place later known as German Prussia. They were conquered in 13th century by Crusader invaders, such as Teutonic Order and through the centuries, part of them were assimilated by German settlers while the rest perished after the many wars and plagues."

"My aim is to cover all most important parts of their history, like their struggle against invaders, their customs, religion and beliefs, their life and downfall. Right now, we have composed almost all songs for this album - looks like there will be 9 heavy songs and maybe two folk-tunes. In my view this new one will be harsher and 'more metal' than Kurbads, though as always we are experimenting in the process, sometimes even in the studio and it is hard yet to predict how it all will turn out."

"Our next step is to do raw recording for all songs we got here and then make last rearrangements to be 100% ready when we will hit the studio for final recording session. Also still a lot of lyrics need to be written and thanks to my laziness looks like this will take some time. Anyway, we have new album on the way and if everything will go right, it should be out in autumn of 2013. If there will be any more news - we will surely inform you, so stay in touch!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Skyforger
Posted: 06.01.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 27 users
06.01.2013 - 19:55
theFIST

Black?
seriously?????
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
08.01.2013 - 04:13
sandisrd

I can't wait for they new album!......It will be masterpiece.....

Hits total: 3008 | This month: 5