Metal Storm logo
Why Old School?

Original post

Posted by , 08.01.2013 - 23:09
Why you still love the old school style in metal music ? Isn't its time over or what ? EDIT: if I have to choose between old school and Modern Music for SURE I will pick the old school one. But the thing I have said here comes from a debate that some metal fellows believe most of old schoolers had lack of knowledge in music those days so they have created that, nowadays we have modern music because of the knowledge improved then albums that have the old school vibes might not be produced anymore, but I still think albums with old school feeling can be produced again and they can be successful too,even in this period of time that seems Modern style has more customers.
05.03.2014 - 17:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.03.2014 at 17:17

Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.03.2014 at 16:26

I'm immune to to criticism of my tastes!

Not true I have heard you sob, cry and weep like a little bitch at night because of my criticism

I bet you touch yourself every time you think about that or any other person who's taste you insulted. You sick fuck.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.03.2014 - 17:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.03.2014 at 17:18

I bet you touch yourself every time you think about that or any other person who's taste you insulted. You sick fuck.

yep
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.03.2014 - 02:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by deadone on 06.03.2014 at 02:25

This could be a new form of "extreme adventure tourism" or even something extra to add the renouned Dutch sex industry.

Seeing as I am currently unemployed I think I will go for this and make money out of it
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.03.2014 - 06:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What's this topic about again?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.03.2014 - 06:50
Darth Revan

Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.03.2014 at 06:30

What's this topic about again?

I think that's irrelevant at this point. We should just change the title to "Masturbating over criticism".
06.03.2014 - 18:58
Lit.
Account deleted
Does that mean we can lock it now?
06.03.2014 - 19:21
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Huh ? why locking it ? :'(
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2014 - 20:03
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Leaving this open, hoping we can get back on track.

Nuking the absurd argumentative posts, and moving forward won't tolerate it when threads degenerate in such a manner. Take it to pm's or just rent a hotel room and have angry sex with one another in the future if incapable of succinctly acknowledging that, well, golly gee, people can have a different opinion.

Consider this an omnidirectional warning.

Future eyebleed inducing argumentative wankfests will result in time outs being doled out.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.03.2014 - 20:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
But left the off-topic stuff which occurred days after the "argumentative wankfests" had finished. Moderating at its finest.
06.03.2014 - 20:39
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Whoa ! wait ! all those comments has been removed ??! Hey, they were long but most of them were related to the topic ! And you missed some of these off-topics here !
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2014 - 20:40
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Guest on 06.03.2014 at 20:35

But left the off-topic stuff which occurred days after the "argumentative wankfests" had finished. Moderating at its finest.

but that at least was funny, contrary to the useless eyesore that got deleted. Pointless arguing for its own sake.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
06.03.2014 - 20:42
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Darkside Momo on 06.03.2014 at 20:40

Pointless arguing for its own sake.

Were they really pointless ? they were arguing the same thing related to the topic although they wrote down very long comments...
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2014 - 20:43
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by angel. on 06.03.2014 at 20:42

Written by Darkside Momo on 06.03.2014 at 20:40

Pointless arguing for its own sake.

Were they really pointless ? they were arguing the same thing related to the topic although they wrote down very long comments...

that. But they were indeed pointless as it all boiled down to arguing for its own sake
----

I am awake"
06.03.2014 - 20:44
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Darkside Momo on 06.03.2014 at 20:43

that. But they were indeed pointless as it all boiled down to arguing for its own sake

Then what's the point of forums if it isn't for arguing ?
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2014 - 20:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Again I don't see how that's any business of the moderators. I didn't find it pointless. Technically any discussion is pointless, I engaged in it because I wanted to. I didn't break any of the forum rules. No swearing, racism, sexism, homophobia occurred and it was largely off topic. If arguing for the sake of arguing is a reason for banning / deletion of comments then you might as well purge the site because that's really down to a matter of perspective.
06.03.2014 - 20:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Oops, *on topic I mean.
06.03.2014 - 20:48
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by angel. on 06.03.2014 at 20:44

Written by Darkside Momo on 06.03.2014 at 20:43

Then what's the point of forums if it isn't for arguing ?

constructive arguing is one thing, eyebleeding posts of I'm-stubbornly-holier-than-you nonsense are another
----

I am awake"
06.03.2014 - 20:54
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Darkside Momo on 06.03.2014 at 20:48

constructive arguing is one thing, eyebleeding posts of I'm-stubbornly-holier-than-you nonsense are another

What ? Constructive arguing ? How many constructive arguing you can find on MS ? Then for that reason you may remove at least three fourth of the whole arguments on MS ! And also " constructive discussion " is not mentioned in the "rules of posting in MS", seriously again this is a forum and moderators removed so many on topic comments just because the comments were long ? , it's just paradoxical.
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2014 - 20:55
angel.
Evil Butterfly
And Please define what's exactly "constructive arguing" ?
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2014 - 20:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 06.03.2014 at 20:55

I try my best to construct a half decent argument when I post about particular things; I try my best to use my intelligence and intuition. Maybe they appear to be heated but I'm not sure how that qualifies for deletion.

I think when this kind of thing happens it's pretty clear whose bonnet the proverbial bee is in
06.03.2014 - 20:59
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by angel. on 06.03.2014 at 20:55

Probably something that's not egotistical, self-centered ramblings?
----

I am awake"
06.03.2014 - 21:01
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Darkside Momo on 06.03.2014 at 20:59

Those weren't really ! Perhaps heated but not like self-centered and egoistical !
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2014 - 21:03
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Anyhow, I don't want to attract Bittercold's interest in sending me to 3 days vacation, as you wish mighty dictator staffers and moderators, after all you may know it better, ahem !
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2014 - 21:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Hi. when other people are suggesting the thread be locked or you take it to pm's, it has gone well past the point of being a reasonable debate or discussion.

for what it's worth, i reported the thread and waited for other staff to chime in before action was taken. cleaning up the eyebleed was a step in making sure it's clear that we don't want this site to devolve into Yasmineville again.

blame me if you like, but pretty much everyone who visited what was page 4 wanted it gone.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.03.2014 - 21:29
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by BitterCOld on 06.03.2014 at 21:17

Hi. when other people are suggesting the thread be locked or you take it to pm's, it has gone well past the point of being a reasonable debate or discussion.

for what it's worth, i reported the thread and waited for other staff to chime in before action was taken. cleaning up the eyebleed was a step in making sure it's clear that we don't want this site to devolve into Yasmineville again.

blame me if you like, but pretty much everyone who visited what was page 4 wanted it gone.

I can't understand it, you mean any thread in MS may be locked if it was suggested by people to be locked by PMing moderators ?! and this suggestion by people means that the point of being a reasonable debate is past ? Strange !

Pretty much everyone ? What if they were just a bunch of haters ?! Or trolls who wanted to mess with this thread specifically ? This is not really a reasonable way to moderate these threads, I think.
----
The Fangirl.
06.03.2014 - 21:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by angel. on 06.03.2014 at 21:01

Written by Darkside Momo on 06.03.2014 at 20:59

Those weren't really ! Perhaps heated but not like self-centered and egoistical !

Is two trolls feeding each other what passes for a heated debate these days? come on...
Written by angel. on 06.03.2014 at 21:29

Written by BitterCOld on 06.03.2014 at 21:17

I can't understand it, you mean any thread in MS may be locked if it was suggested by people to be locked by PMing moderators ?! and this suggestion by people means that the point of being a reasonable debate is past ? Strange !

Pretty much everyone ? What if they were just a bunch of haters ?! Or trolls who wanted to mess with this thread specifically ? This is not really a reasonable way to moderate these threads, I think.

everyone has the possibility to call the mods' attention, there's a 'report to mods' button at the opening of each thread. Then the case is studied.
Here, well, the trolls were already in da house

And that's about it!
----

I am awake"
06.03.2014 - 21:50
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Sorry, I'm out of this discussion, it's going too far, I don't want to go on with it.
----
The Fangirl.
07.03.2014 - 13:21
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Hah! The boring old school vs new school debate. I've never gotten it and never will I guess.
Also, Lol at the elitist responsibilities
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
07.03.2014 - 16:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Maybe I'm too naive but I think we could all fix this shit in a second if we could actually meet up and get drunk. We are all individuals and have different interpretations of what is trolling, egoism, etc.
I can say right away that I'm quite sad to see an entire discussion which I enjoyed disappear, despite being on-topic and peaceful due to the interpretations of others who happen to have more power in the forums. I have no hard feelings though, I understand them completely... But I simply don't agree with them. I guess I can only say "ok, whatever".

But if I happen to be in this situation and have a long discussion with some users... Yeah, it kind of sucks to see it happen if technically I did nothing that goes against the FAQ. Lex linking the elite-text doesn't add anything as the term "examples of conduct" is very subjetive. Specially if many of us (staffers, elites, regular users) do this shit all the time in one form or another and we are all fine and dandy afterwards! I'm not even able to see the whole ego in this discussion... Just a sincere reflexion in what we are supposed to do or not, what is ok or not, what is trolling or not and WHY.

I consider discussions that are on topic and peaceful to be an example of conduct but seeing this result makes me think that either I'm wrong OR that we simply have different views of what the term means. I bet the later and that is FINE as long as there's no bad blood between us.

So yeah, don't fight guys. I'd hate see people disappear or get mad for some technicalities and pride.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.03.2014 - 16:12
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.03.2014 at 16:06

So yeah, don't fight guys. I'd hate see people disappear of some dumb technicalities and pride.

Yeah this ! Please !
----
The Fangirl.