Metal Storm logo
Amorphis - Share New Album Title, Concept And Release Date

Finnish metallers Amorphis have just announced the title of the band's upcoming album but that is not all. The band's 11th album will be entitled Circle and is set to be released on April 19th, 2013 via Nuclear Blast. The follow-up to 2011's The Beginning Of Times is being produced and mixed by Hypocrisy and Pain mastermind Peter Tägtgren. 

The album's concept/story that spreads throughout the lyrics of Pekka Kainulainen, who wrote the lyrics for the most recent Amorphis albums, was explained: "The protagonist has been dealt a bad hand at birth. He's always felt himself an outsider with strong potential to become marginalized. Through an accident, after a crisis, he finds a connection with his inner powers. A guide is sent to him, from some other time and place. He gets a chance to take hold of his own life and change his destiny. From the past of Carelian Finland he finds his own spiritual tribe and the power to turn the course of his doomed life. This is a story of survival."

Singer Tomi Joutsen adds about the album's title: "Circle represents integrity. Back in the days, when there was something special to talk about, wise men used to sit in circle. Not everyone was invited to join them. But in this story, the protagonist was invited among the wise men's circle."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Amorphis
Posted: 16.01.2013 by RcK

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 250 users
16.01.2013 - 21:20
Reign

Love the idea for the story must have this album asap
16.01.2013 - 21:25
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Ok, this could be interesting. I'm curious, excited and looking forward to it! They haven't failed me in the last few years so I doubt they would now.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
16.01.2013 - 22:04
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
YES!!! I am very excited for this album. It sounds like they're going into full-on "prog" territory, and this will be an actual concept album of some sort. Upon first glance I thought the title was a bit simplistic and bland, but looking at Tomi's explanation, it makes a whole lot more sense and it's actually really cool! I can't wait to pick up my copy and I hope I'm able to see them live!! Amorphis Rules.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
17.01.2013 - 00:02
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by CobiWan1993 on 16.01.2013 at 22:04

It sounds like they're going into full-on "prog" territory, and this will be an actual concept album of some sort.

All Joutsen era releases can be classified as concept albums as each tells a story of a Kalevala character. There will once again be more chapters in the story than there will be songs on the album proper, so it still won't be a full flex concept album.
17.01.2013 - 07:10
Akula

This is going to be awesome!.
17.01.2013 - 08:25
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Concept sounds very cliche.

Hits total: 3029 | This month: 5