Metal Storm logo
Dog Fashion Disco - Decide To Call It Quits

Baltimore based experimental metallers Dog Fashion Disco have posted the following update:

After much thought and consideration Dog Fashion Disco has decided to call it quits. Their last and final show will be 1-13-07 at Club Sonar located on 407 E Saratoga St. in Baltimore, MD. They want to thank you; all of their dedicated fans for enabling them to make a life and career out of the music of Dog Fashion Disco. This is something that not many people get to enjoy and do. It was a hard decision but after 10 years on CONSTANT dedication and touring it is time to pursue other interests.

Here is a statement from Todd Smith, lead singer of Dog Fashion Disco:

Well after all these years Dog Fashion Disco are calling it quits. Actually I wouldn't say quit but we are ending the band although Dog Fashion Disco's music for me, will live on forever. I started this band over ten years ago and it was my decision to end it. I always told myself if it stopped being worth the effort I would gracefully bow out and that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm not going to get into details exactly why everything is ending because it really doesn't matter. I am so proud of Adultery and I think it defines us as musicians and is an awesome way for people to remember us. I think Adultery will be discovered by many generations to come and will find its place as a cult record people will listen to and talk about for many years. We will be playing our last show on Jan. 13th 2007 at Sonar in Baltimore. I encourage everyone from far and wide to come out for this going away party. We will be playing a super long set and it will be a nice way for us to say our goodbyes face to face. Jeff Siegel will be playing keyboards and it will be a real cool get together for friends and fans. I feel very fortunate to have met everyone who has been a fan of this band for so many years. It's been so cool meeting everyone around the country and becoming fast friends and knowing they'd be there when we came to town. The experiences I've had I wouldn't trade for anything. How many people can say they've hurled their own shit at 800 juggalo's? or how many people have ever had to go the hospital after visiting a Chinese massage parlor in Rockford Illinois? I even got the opportunity to share the stage with those douche bags in WASP and then after our set pelt them with our veggie tray from our dressing room. I know we are personally responsible for MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE now being prohibited to drink booze before there shows. Lets just say when we toured with them we weren't exactly knitting quilts backstage. I remember a certain gross out contest in Wisconsin where Steve from MSI and Ollie from DFD were eating each others vomit by the end of the night. It's been a lot of fun to say the least. Jasan and Wendy have moved on to create another band Phantom Communique. I have heard the stuff they are doing in the studio and it's fucking killer. I have a feeling those guys will take that band very far. John Ensminger and I will be recording a demo to shop in February and that will determine if he and I venture into another band. Well everyone in the band is going to list those they would personally like to thank. I would personally like to thank Derek Brewer, Jeff Cohen, Steve Seabury, Steve Wright and Mike Macaree and Drew Lamonde at Wrightway Studios, Drew Mazurek, James Wright, Shane Tuttle, Carlos and Lillian Batts, Ron at Rotten Records, Wookubus at the PRP, SMNnews, Metal Edge, Sam and Paul Schreider, Dee, Ilyse, Cait, Lauren, Chris Frampton, Jason Popson, Cory Cudney, Matt Rippetoe, Justin, Bonnie and Chase Lapp, Jason at Xact Records, and Justin McConnell. I would also like to send out a special thank you to Mike Smolen. Where ever you are, you will never be forgotten. Thanks for spreading the word on DFD. Goodnight and goodbye my friend.

I hope to see everyone who can make it at the Sonar show. todd"

Source: blog.myspace.com
Posted: 05.12.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 13 users
05.12.2006 - 20:50
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Well, in my opinion this band... sucks balls. So I'm not crying ^^
05.12.2006 - 22:51
jadawal
Never heard of them, so i'm not crying either.
06.12.2006 - 14:34
MaSTeMa
catch the day.
anounce your quit, become memorable..........
06.12.2006 - 19:36
DLMokoma
Account deleted
so long announcement that I didn't even bother to read it. besides I'm never heard of them.
06.12.2006 - 19:55
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by jadawal on 05.12.2006 at 22:51

Never heard of them, so i'm not crying either.

Written by Guest on 06.12.2006 at 19:36

so long announcement that I didn't even bother to read it. besides I'm never heard of them.

Of course you never heard of them, they're far from tr00 and certainly not for closer-minded people...
(I don't say you guys are close-minded, but your posts don't show much open-mindedness, acceptance and openness towards bands you don't know either... Besides, I admit I'm not a big fan either, but from time to time I can appreciate them... And I don't judge bands I don't know anything about...)

Dog Fashion Disco were formed in 1996 and released 9 studio albums.
Wiki: "Dog Fashion Disco was a band from Baltimore, MD, notable for combining many different music styles (70's psychedelic, jazz, piano recital, circus music and vocals, among others) they are, howerever, primarily considered a metal band.
The band's lyrical content is often highly esoteric and satirical, with constant tongue-in-cheek references to the occult, drug use, mutilation."

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/dogfashiondisco
Check out their songs and video's there, and then return posting a serious comment

Thankyou Thryce for enlightening us and getting to know this extraordinary and sometimes highly-enjoyable band better.

At least you should have heard of Dog Fashion Disco once in your life.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
06.12.2006 - 21:14
inc
i'm sorry for that...dfd are nothing in particular but i remember when i was 18 and i was listeing leper friend ^^
07.12.2006 - 02:58
broken goddess
i didnt even know they were still active, but i am very surprised to see they are from my hometown- i never knew. one more crap band on the baltimore list i supose
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
07.12.2006 - 07:08
Locke
Account deleted
Screw (most of) you guys, I always dug this band. Not tr00 by any means, but certainly a unique and interesting listen for those who can keep an open mind.
I for one will miss em.

Hits total: 2393 | This month: 15