Metal Storm logo
Pop

Original post

Posted by , 27.01.2013 - 03:44
New Dido single. Looking forward to the new album because it's Dido, who's awesome. Dido.

23.11.2015 - 21:54
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Two words: John Newman. Yepp, I actually dug up this old thread, because of John Newman. Because I'm addicted to his music. Didn't really notice his music until recently, because I don't listen to commerical radio, until I did and now I'm here, with Revolve on repeat. I was always into pop music (well, not all of course, but never hid the fact I do listen to black metal and pop among other things), but the whole soul/pop thing was never my thing. And I mean never. Until this kid came along. Not only is he a talented songwritter (with a hell-a good team of producers & musicians backing him up), but his voice is so unique and strong, he outranks all most of the male pop artists nowadays IMHO. Tribute is great, Revolve is simply stellar. And no, he doesn't need to act like an idiot or bet it on the looks to make an impression. His voice & music do it all for him. Brilliant, brilliant kid. Classy & elegant.

And this is what made him famous:
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
05.01.2022 - 19:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OUTLANDERS, launched by Finnish soprano legend Tarja Turunen (ex-NIGHTWISH) and EDM pioneer Torsten Stenzel, has released the official visualizer to "Closer To The Sky". The track features guitarist Trevor Rabin, best known as guitarist of prog rock icons YES, as well as a top Hollywood blockbuster movies score composer.

The next single "The Cruellest Goodbye" arrives January 28 and features Al Di Meola. It will be released as a limited-edition seven-inch vinyl exclusively at Tarja's online store and digitally at earMUSIC.

A Side:
"The Cruellest Goodbye"

B Side:
"The Cruellest Goodbye" (Rough Mix 2014)

something tgo not metal writers here, I was super bored WTF
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.10.2022 - 00:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

I found this video by accident.and well I watched it and I like (who does not like it) somehow reminds me heavier version about 80's radio pop. From days when it was best.
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2022 - 14:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nevena - "Bad Sun Rising

Frontiers Music srl seems start to produce pop songs? pop rock song, whit good looking girl dancing and singing, but will album work?
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2022 - 14:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bad English on 01.10.2022 at 00:02

I found this video by accident.and well I watched it and I like (who does not like it) somehow reminds me heavier version about 80's radio pop. From days when it was best.

I will check her out those 2 songs are good, killing ones. Pop rock, good looking pefremece, why not., but Frontiers WTF
----

apos;'
[image]
18.11.2023 - 12:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cool pop rock song

----

apos;'
[image]
18.11.2023 - 15:51
Nejde
CommunityManager
Written by Bad English on 18.11.2023 at 12:14

Cool pop rock song

Where is this pop? It's a straight up carbon copy of a 80's rock song and if one didn't know better this could very well be mistaken for an actual 80's rock song. And it's frickin' amazing!