Metal Storm logo
The Sight Below

28.01.2013 - 00:43
InnerSelf
proofread free
The Sight Below is on of Rafael Anton Irisarri's projects, the music is mainly Ambient/Shoegaze with subtle techno beats and some Drone thrown into the mix. I already like the stuff he put out under his self-titled project but I think I prefer The Sight Below a little bit more ... although simpler than the other stuff he usually writes, the spaced out nature of the music helps for a more touching and soothing effect.
Here's a couple of tracks from my favorite album It All Falls Apart
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
21.08.2013 - 08:40
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Stumbled on to them via spotify, awesome tunes. perfect for relaxing late night and letting the mind wander to darkened places.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.08.2013 - 14:08
IronAngel

I think my favorite from him is his 2010 EP, Reverie, under his own name. Daydreaming, the debut LP, too. But The Sight Below are one of the best ambient dub/techno artists I've stumbled across. The pulsating rhythms aren't at all annoying, which is often the case.
25.08.2013 - 03:49
InnerSelf
proofread free
The primitive beats has that relaxing effect that BC talked about, where you can just leave the world behind and wander ... it's an effect that all of Rafael's has actually.
He's been inactive for a while now, so an album from any of his projects (preferably Orcas ) would make me really happy.
----
is not bold enough
20.12.2013 - 15:36
IronAngel

Written by InnerSelf on 25.08.2013 at 03:49

The primitive beats has that relaxing effect that BC talked about, where you can just leave the world behind and wander ... it's an effect that all of Rafael's has actually.
He's been inactive for a while now, so an album from any of his projects (preferably Orcas ) would make me really happy.

He has a new LP, The Unintentional Sea, out under his own name.
20.12.2013 - 15:41
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by IronAngel on 20.12.2013 at 15:36

Written by InnerSelf on 25.08.2013 at 03:49

He has a new LP, The Unintentional Sea, out under his own name.

Listened to it once on Bandcamp but I wasn't concentrating and his music is not meant to be listened to while surfing the internet
----
is not bold enough