Metal Storm logo
Havok - Premiere New Video Online

US thrashers Havok premiered the brand new official video "Point Of No Return", which is now available for viewing below. The song for this video comes from the band's latest EP - The Point Of No Return, released last year in May through Candlelight Records. The video was directed by Roy Warner and filmed on location in Detroit, Michigan.

Vocalist/guitarist Dave Sanchez comments on the video: "The lyrics of "Point Of No Return" are highly interpretable, but the message of the video pretty simple: the world as we know it is a delicate place and we have never had such a high capacity to destroy the human race as we do now. At some point, our self-made concoction of nuclear/biological weaponry, ancient superstitious beliefs, nationalism, corruption, ignorance, and conflicting ideologies is going to become lethal, on a global scale. We live in a time like no other and it's obvious that if we don't change our behavior, it's only a matter of time before the world is extinguished at the hand of fanatics. It's literally within everyone's power to leave the world a little nicer than we found it. Don't believe everything you're told: Think for yourself."

Director Roy Warner adds: "Working with the guys from Havok was great. They had awesome ideas to start out with and build from; wanting to showcase real life as the concept. It really illustrates the depths of human depravity in the past, present and what we can expect from the future if attitudes don't change."

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Havok
Posted: 30.01.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 95 users
30.01.2013 - 23:45
psykometal
A staff guy...
Man I can't wait for some new Havok. Was one of my fave albums from 2011, hope they are working on a 2013 release.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

31.01.2013 - 00:23
wormdrink414

^ ditto, ditto (if not my favorite overall from 2011), and ditto.
31.01.2013 - 02:22
bj_waters

Can we please be done with the "shaky camera" nonsense? It was annoying when it was done in the Bourne movies, and that's at least five years ago now.

Song was pretty good. Time Is Up caught me by surprise, so I'll be looking forward to this.

Hits total: 2491 | This month: 6