Metal Storm logo
Hellfest Open Air 2013 - New Bands Confirmed

With more than 62 extra bands, plus all those already announced, the Hellfest 2013 line-up is almost complete. Clisson, France, is the place to be come summer and now you can see below the new bands that will help you celebrate this year's edition.

The new bands confirmed are:

7 Weeks - A Day To Remember - Agnostic Front - Asking Alexandria - Attentat Rock - Audrey Horne - Bane - Berri Txarrak - Black Breath - Black Cobra - Black Pyramid - Bury Your Dead - Buzzcocks - Casualties - Cockney Rejects - Cult Of Luna - Danzig - Deez Nuts - Dr. Living Dead! - Eryn Non Dae - Finntroll - Gallows - Ghost - Graveyard - Heathen - Hellyeah - Hypocrisy - Justine - Kissin' Dynamite - Koldbrann - Krokus - Le Bal Des Enrages - Manilla Road - Misanthrope - Misery Index - Monstrosity - Moonspell - Pallbearer - Pig Destroyer - Procession - Retox - Riverside - Seth - Six Feet Under - Sleep - Stille Volk - Surtr - Swans - Symphony X - Tank - The Arrs - The Decline - The Great Old Ones - The Old Dead Tree - The Secret - Toydolls - Vera Cruz - Voivod - Walking Papers - Waltari - Whitesnake

You can check out the other previously announced bands over here. The 2013 Hellfest edition will take place next 21-23rd June in Clisson, France. Get all the information at http://www.hellfest.fr.

Source: facebook.com
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2013
Posted: 31.01.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 126 users
31.01.2013 - 21:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Nice to see Black Breath and The Great Old Ones on there.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.01.2013 - 22:27
Milena
gloom cookie
The Old Dead Tree reuniting to play a show is cool.
----
7.0 means the album is good
31.01.2013 - 23:40
MechanisT
Account deleted
The warzone and the altar are where it's at.
01.02.2013 - 00:02
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Milena on 31.01.2013 at 22:27

The Old Dead Tree reuniting to play a show is cool.

WORD!

Also, with all those new announcements The Valley looks damn sweet.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
01.02.2013 - 01:03
Darkside Momo
Retired
Some good stuff indeed.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
01.02.2013 - 01:43
Abattoir

Written by BitterCOld on 31.01.2013 at 21:52

Nice to see Black Breath and The Great Old Ones on there.

Yes indeed. Also Black Pyramid and CoL are very good additions.
01.02.2013 - 02:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Abattoir on 01.02.2013 at 01:43

Yes indeed. Also Black Pyramid and CoL are very good additions.

BP is another good one. More happy to see "smaller" acts i dig get recognition on the big stage than teh COL's.

i can't go so it's not about who i can see, but rather who will be seen.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.02.2013 - 10:22
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Maybe this should be re-named "Nostalgia Rock Fest" rather than "Hellfest" with those three headliners shown on the banner. Sort of sad that bands which had their heyday in the 70s and 80s are considered the big draw cards in 2013.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
01.02.2013 - 11:22
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
The worst line-up Hellfest ever had...
01.02.2013 - 11:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by AyΣm on 01.02.2013 at 11:22

Really? Some stages are looking good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.02.2013 - 11:58
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
Written by BloodTears on 01.02.2013 at 11:41

Really? Some stages are looking good.

It's the 4th time I go to Hellfest, I'm really addicted to extreme metal bands, much in black death and grindcore. This year, you have a lot of pagan, folk or stuff like that... Of course I'm really happy that bands like At The Gates, Captain Cleanoff, Hypocrisy, Misery Index, Asphyx, Absu are here... But this year, in 125 bands announced, there are less than 10 bands I really want to see. No great surprise. Past years were incredible at this point ( last year was not so impressing, but it was still a good line-up)
01.02.2013 - 13:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Extremely weak line-up up till now. Only the bands in the Roadburn category are of any interest.

Weakest Hellfest up to now.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.02.2013 - 18:54
Vombatus
Potorro

We all know that even if the line-up was great you'd spend all your time getting drunk at the camp anyway

But seriously, I think it's quite alright (but better previous years). The different stages force to have a certain number of every genre so there is at least a bit for everyone. And for those that are a little more open, there is always plenty to choose with 50+ bands a day....
03.02.2013 - 05:36
Purgatori☠

Did anyone else do a double facepalm when they saw 3 Doors Down on the bill?? Seriously, what the fuck?!!
03.02.2013 - 09:56
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by BitterCOld on 01.02.2013 at 02:13

More happy to see "smaller" acts i dig get recognition on the big stage than teh COL's.

I disagree with you Craig. I feel when any post metal band gets invited to one of these things it's a big deal. Good for CoL and especially Neurosis, headlining. Also, those lucky enough to hear music off of Eryn Non Dae.'s latest will be treated to some outstanding music!
----
rekt
03.02.2013 - 10:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by tea[m]ster on 03.02.2013 at 09:56

I disagree with you Craig. I feel when any post metal band gets invited to one of these things it's a big deal. Good for CoL and especially Neurosis, headlining. Also, those lucky enough to hear music off of Eryn Non Dae.'s latest will be treated to some outstanding music!

no problemo. as a reviewer, or fan of reviews others do* (particularly for unheralded bands), it is always a great feeling to see someone you interacted with rewarded for subsequent efforts.

Neurosis might put on a great show, but it's the next generation that will carry the genre forth, and if you discovered them thanks to them pestering you to review a demo, it is a really cool feeling. I have no delusions that my reviews didn't get Rising, Sunpocrisy, Shattered Hope (or others) signed and on to put out albums that crushed their EPs, but it is still great to see it unfold.

* Wormdrink doesn't say much of fuck all on the forums... but his picks, per capita, seem better than anyone else. At least in my bitter opinion. When reviewing shit for the 2012 awards, I was shocked to see how much shit I "discovered" had been recommended by him six months prior, to little fanfare.
----

03.02.2013 - 13:00
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
Written by Vombatus on 01.02.2013 at 18:54

We all know that even if the line-up was great you'd spend all your time getting drunk at the camp anyway

But seriously, I think it's quite alright (but better previous years). The different stages force to have a certain number of every genre so there is at least a bit for everyone. And for those that are a little more open, there is always plenty to choose with 50+ bands a day....

You must be right, and I think that with the past years I become more and more demanding... But no, Pantera, Death and Dissection won't come again!

Hits total: 3746 | This month: 3