Metal Storm logo
Zyklon-B

07.12.2006 - 02:23
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Not to be confused with the band Zyklon or the cyanide-based insecticide used in Nazi-Germany, discuss the short-lived Zyklon-B. Although they only released one EP in 1995, "Blood Must Be Shed", they were quite the powerhouse. The band featured Samoth on Guitar and Bass, Ihsahn on keyboards, Frost on Drums, and Aldrahn on vocals. So, what does everyone think of this band? Quality BM, or just simply a novelty?
----
Brujerizmo!
07.12.2006 - 02:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Konrad on 07.12.2006 at 02:23

Not to be confused with the band Zyklon or the cyanide-based insecticide used in Nazi-Germany, discuss the short-lived Zyklon-B. Although they only released one EP in 1995, "Blood Must Be Shed", they were quite the powerhouse. The band featured Samoth on Guitar and Bass, Ihsahn on keyboards, Frost on Drums, and Aldrahn on vocals. So, what does everyone think of this band? Quality BM, or just simply a novelty?

Wait Wait is this Norvegian band where one song was mental Orgams, and in demo was 3 songs?
If yes I had it i had hear them
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.12.2006 - 03:02
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Yes! They also had re-recorded the same 3 songs on these splits:

# Blood Must be Shed / Wraths of Time Split EP with Swordmaster (1996)
# Necrolust / Total Warfare Split single with Mayhem (1999)

They were on Malicious Records.
----
Brujerizmo!
07.12.2006 - 03:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Konrad on 07.12.2006 at 03:02

Yes! They also had re-recorded the same 3 songs on these splits:

# Blood Must be Shed / Wraths of Time Split EP with Swordmaster (1996)
# Necrolust / Total Warfare Split single with Mayhem (1999)

hahah I had hear dounloudet wersion of demo, it wa sin official site of band, and IMO still are but I cant find site, it was first BM demo what I hear in my life IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
07.12.2006 - 19:46
Basso
Account deleted
The "Blod Must Be Shed" EP is very good. But 10 minutes.... to short
07.12.2006 - 21:18
Syrack
Account deleted
Yea that demo is good,though I lost it too.
War is good... ..everything that contributes to depopulating of the earth is good.
this was said at the end of the third song, I think.
08.12.2006 - 04:44
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I heard these guys a while ago on some internet radio and I thought they were pretty good, but I guess they were just a short-lived novelty. I might buy their EP/demo thingie if I ever come across it.
08.12.2006 - 05:01
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I remember listening to this band A LOT of time ago... if I remember well, it sounded rather industrial isn't?
08.12.2006 - 13:19
Basso
Account deleted
It had that kind of industrial feel to it, so I suppose you are thinking of the right band.
10.12.2006 - 05:36
Richard

I bought this when it was released, but haven't listened to it much over the years. I'd say Zyklon-B were more of a novelty thing - a side project from members of more established bands making something rather nastier and more extreme than their day jobs in order to let off some steam, perhaps. Admittedly though, it was pretty vicious stuff.

There was also a band called Niden Div 187 that released an EP in a similar vein shortly afterwards... Again, a side project of guys from more well known bands (Dawn, I think).
----
10.12.2006 - 09:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Richard on 10.12.2006 at 05:36

There was also a band called Niden Div 187 that released an EP in a similar vein shortly afterwards... Again, a side project of guys from more well known bands (Dawn, I think).

Does Zyclon-B mambers dont play in Zyclon? or Syruis dont remeber if yes I dont like IMO thay neve rhad played
of course all are played in Gahema, Gorgoroth, Enpreor, Artcurus but it was in old days now I never had like Zyklon music, its true I prefere old thinks
----

apos;'
[image]
10.12.2006 - 23:25
Richard

Written by Bad English on 10.12.2006 at 09:54

Does Zyclon-B mambers dont play in Zyclon? or Syruis dont remeber if yes I dont like IMO thay neve rhad played
of course all are played in Gahema, Gorgoroth, Enpreor, Artcurus but it was in old days now I never had like Zyklon music, its true I prefere old thinks

Some of the Zyklon-B members stayed for Zyklon, but not all. It's not really the same band as such. My guess is that Samoth wanted to resurrect Zyklon-B when Emperor stopped, but decided to make it a bit more commercially viable by dropping the 'B' from the name (making it less controversial) and making the music more accessible and clean (well, relatively speaking.. it's still extreme metal).
----
10.12.2006 - 23:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Richard on 10.12.2006 at 23:25

Written by Bad English on 10.12.2006 at 09:54

Some of the Zyklon-B members stayed for Zyklon, but not all. It's not really the same band as such. My guess is that Samoth wanted to resurrect Zyklon-B when Emperor stopped, but decided to make it a bit more commercially viable by dropping the 'B' from the name (making it less controversial) and making the music more accessible and clean (well, relatively speaking.. it's still extreme metal).

Ok I see but still I prefere Zyklon-B better how Zyklon
Zyklon music its I even dunno its to estructive and to agreseive and its not like BM or DM Its mix beween and those sounds are wierd and also albim covers its to industrial to modern for me and.
I love Emperor and Arcturus(Eraly days was beter, but even leitehr its listenible) but i hear Zyklon in BM radio, I didnt like it realy it was after Immortal - ''Moonrise Fields Of Sorrow'' Zyklon it wasnt so good,
I like extreame metal but I still cant choose thrash, black or death
I prefere all, but i like old school

Why band split up?
----

apos;'
[image]
07.03.2007 - 06:13
Danny Thomas

well a fan put up all 3 songs(plus the bonus track total war) on a myspace page, so you can go to http://www.myspace.com/massmurdermetal and listen to all 4 tracks. it's so incredibly raw. it makes me really angry listening to it as well, i want to break stuff afterwards haha. but for some reason i can't stop lsitening to it, i'm not sure why, but it has a very powerful effect on me, almost hypnotic, so i found a copy off of ebay and bought it. i think there is still 1 more up there for sale if anyone here is interested in it. but to answer your question i think tis very good, captivating, raw black metal, and nto a novelty, go to that myspace link and listen!!!!
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
29.03.2007 - 12:27
Mental_Orgasm
Account deleted
ive had blood must be shed for a while now its wicked i still listen to it a fair bit , suks this was all they ever brought out though
22.02.2008 - 22:21
NOИ

Zyklon-B was a revolutionary band, especially for the industrial elements, in one or two songs (cant remember). but Zyklon, the death metal band, is not very good and I dont like them, their sound is like an death metal version of new Emperor, especially the third album is crap.