Metal Storm logo
Vanishing Point - Part Ways With Drummer

Australian Power/Progressive Metal band Vanishing Point have regretfully annouced the parting with drummer Jack Lukic. Lukic and his wife are soon to be expecting twins, so the drummer's priorities are now more about family than music. This Saturday night on the 9th December will be the band's show with Gamma Ray. It will be Lukic's last performance with Vanishing Point.

Here is a posting by Lukic:

"Hi everyone this is Jack here, drummer from Vanishing Point. I wish to inform you all that after 16 great years with Vanishing Point, it has now come to the time for me to call it the day. All my goals I believe have been fulfilled as a musician, recording three albums, European tours and film clips to name a few. After just getting married and my wife now expecting twins, my focus is now more on family rather than music. I will still remain to be close to the band and will help them when in need. I have also recorded the drums to the follow up album "Embrace the Silence" which the title is yet to be named. We all still remain close friends and I wish all the success they thoroughly deserve in the upcoming future. Please be assured that Vanishing Point still are as strong as ever before which will be proven with the release of the new album sometime next year.

I wish Tommy, Silvio, Chris and Steve all the best with the release of the new album and the future.
To all the fans of Vanishing Point, I thank you all for your support throughout the years and I hope I have not disappointed you in anyway.Now it's time to move on to the next chapter in my life, teaching my children to become the next generation of headbangers.
Thank you all,
Jack Lukic"

Source: vanishing-point.com.au
Band profile: Vanishing Point
Posted: 07.12.2006 by Necrowinter

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 0 users
07.12.2006 - 15:19
Eight
Shapeshifter
Too bad hes leaving... take care Jack
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
08.12.2006 - 10:07
Jonathan Tweet
Account deleted
at least he recorded the new album...too bad I really like this band.

Hits total: 2652 | This month: 4