Metal Storm logo
Cricket

Original post

Posted by Valar, 19.05.2006 - 17:01
Glad to open a Cricket Thread the most followed and worshipped game in the Indian Subcontinent though i am pessimistic this thread will get many patrons
Updating India Won Vs The West Indies in West Indies it was the first match of the ongoing 5 match ODI series and will be followed by the test series.
Also Sri lanka Drew ther match with England as England dropped 9 catches and dropped the opportunity to go 1-0 up in the test series.
02.03.2009 - 13:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
The following is bound to piss off a few Poms...
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25125195-401,00.html

IMagine that... cricket a Belgian game originally wow. So that means Golf from the Netherlands and Cricket from Belgium.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.03.2009 - 14:41
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Very surprising that this thread has no new posts in it after what happened in Pakistan.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
04.03.2009 - 20:52
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Himann on 04.03.2009 at 14:41

Very surprising that this thread has no new posts in it after what happened in Pakistan.

I guess it goes without saying how everyone feels about it.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
04.03.2009 - 21:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Himann on 04.03.2009 at 14:41

I am still stunned and shocked about it all.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.03.2009 - 08:34
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I've actually met some of the Sri Lankan players through a friend of mine who works for cricinfo. Very upsetting business. Great of them to take the risk and travel to Pakistan when no other team would. Guess the people in charge should have called off the tour instead of allowing the matter to go ahead.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
08.03.2009 - 14:24
Judas
The Amputator
Just goes to show what a messed-up place the world is, hey. You can't even play a harmless game without people wanting to kill you. It's so incredibly sad. Thankfully none of the players were hurt, but my heart goes out to the driver of the officials' bus who was killed, and to all the cops who died. I also feel for the non-extremist members of Pakistani society and for the cricket team. Because of a moronic minority, they're all going to suffer.

On a side note, I don't want to sound like a dick, but I'm quite glad India didn't tour, because if this had happened to the Indian team I would put my house on a declaration of war being the outcome.

In other news, yet another run-fest in Christchurch today in the 3rd ODI between India and New Zealand, England are facing an uphill battle to level the series against the Windies on another flat deck, and South Africa are in more than just a spot of bother! Also, Allan Border came to my house last night, had a nice chat to him. His daughter is apparently one of my sister's best friends.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
08.03.2009 - 20:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Judas on 08.03.2009 at 14:24

Also, Allan Border came to my house last night, had a nice chat to him. His daughter is apparently one of my sister's best friends.

Cool

Damn, this Philip Hughes guy is turning into quite a handy opening batsman.
Bit of a cock up in his debut innings though... out fourth ball without scoring, but then went on to make 75, 115, and currently at 136* this second century apparently making him the youngest ever to score a century in both innings of a test beating an age old record set by George Headley.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.03.2009 - 02:08
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
And there we go and fuck it up again lol How short lived was that??? Seems like for some damn reason we went to our olden-ways of playing against Oz. That Hughes dude looks pretty good though....terrible technique but seems to have an eye like a dead fish! (in the famous words of Dean Jones)

Not sure why we've been so flat in this series....its like we just dont put enough effort in. Morne Morkel needs a rest that guy's inconsistency and lack of control is making runs pile on from one end. And something our local commentators mentioned is the difference in pace between our quicks and the Oz quicks. In Australia it was pretty much even keel between the two sides but it seems our guys have severely dropped in pace.

I really have no answers, Johnson is seriously good though - that over to Boucher was one of the most impressive and intelligent overs Ive seen in a long time - yet our fielding is terrible, dropped catches like theres no tomorrow and our batsmen seem to fail in occupying the crease. All in all we've been outplayed, our lack of discipline with the bat and ball is probably going to make this a whitewash Pretty sad really..

What do you guys think? Has the former "home advantage" become a disadvantage at some point? Both teams were unable to put things together on home soil and it seems to me that the advantage has turned into some kind of added pressure...who knows.
10.03.2009 - 21:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 09.03.2009 at 02:08

...yet our fielding is terrible, dropped catches like theres no tomorrow ...

And then to think that fielding wa salways the strongest point of the South African team. Just remember Rhodes and co.

Quote:

What do you guys think? Has the former "home advantage" become a disadvantage at some point? Both teams were unable to put things together on home soil and it seems to me that the advantage has turned into some kind of added pressure...who knows.

I am not sure yet, but it seems to be that way. Somehow playing at home seems to add too much pressure.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.03.2009 - 12:37
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.03.2009 at 21:16

Written by Guest on 09.03.2009 at 02:08

Quote:

I am not sure yet, but it seems to be that way. Somehow playing at home seems to add too much pressure.

In Australia, the pressure was on the Aussies rather than on the South Africans. Australia were the ones battling to show that they weren't a spent force, while South Africa's woeful history against Australia and their fresh-faced team meant that they weren't really expected to set the world alight. However, having outplayed Australia at home, I think people began expecting the Proteas to repeat the feat at home again, while all the pressure was off Australia because, to be frank, no-one even here expected them to do very well. I guess life becomes a lot easier when the pressure is off...
----
25.03.2009 - 14:36
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Well even if SA never get my favorite metal bands to tour here at least now we're getting the IPL!! Man Im excited, its going to be killer....18 April start and Im looking for tickets already hehe
25.03.2009 - 14:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 25.03.2009 at 14:36

Well even if SA never get my favorite metal bands to tour here at least now we're getting the IPL!! Man Im excited, its going to be killer....18 April start and Im looking for tickets already hehe

Plus in April you guys also host the ICC World Cup Qualifier (April 1 - April 19) which for me is muh more important, of course.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.03.2009 - 16:02
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.03.2009 at 14:41

Plus in April you guys also host the ICC World Cup Qualifier (April 1 - April 19) which for me is muh more important, of course.

Yeah you're right I forgot about that! And its true, the ICC is a pretty big deal does Holland participate as well or just the test playing nations? Im just excited about the IPL because over here for us to watch the previous one you needed to Digital TV, which I dont so I couldnt follow it as much as I wanted only saw some footage a friend recorded. So this time around I'll be able to see all of it which is fantastic. Few thing better than watching cricket at Newlands with a couple of beers hehe

Im obviously a huge fan of test cricket, its my preference over the other fiddly new things like 20/20 and IPL but since we're not playing test cricket for another 9 MONTHS its good to know theres still a lot of things happening locally.
25.03.2009 - 16:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 25.03.2009 at 16:02

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.03.2009 at 14:41

Yeah you're right I forgot about that! And its true, the ICC is a pretty big deal does Holland participate as well or just the test playing nations? Im just excited about the IPL because over here for us to watch the previous one you needed to Digital TV, which I dont so I couldnt follow it as much as I wanted only saw some footage a friend recorded. So this time around I'll be able to see all of it which is fantastic. Few thing better than watching cricket at Newlands with a couple of beers hehe

Im obviously a huge fan of test cricket, its my preference over the other fiddly new things like 20/20 and IPL but since we're not playing test cricket for another 9 MONTHS its good to know theres still a lot of things happening locally.

It is only the Associates participating, so NO test nations for this Qaulification round. As far as I know five countries will qualify for the next World Cup.
So it will probably be Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland, Namibia, Kenya
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.04.2009 - 16:24
Judas
The Amputator
I'm hoping Afghanistan qualify for the World Cup, that would be really special.
----
01.04.2009 - 16:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Judas on 01.04.2009 at 16:24

They are actually quite a strong team so who knows?

I hope they qualify as 5th behind Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, Kenya.
CUrrently following the Kenya - Netherlands match. Thank God the toughest match for us is the first one.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.04.2009 - 18:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Yes, good start for the Dutch.

Beat the Kenyans by 7 wickets.

Kenya 247 for 8 after 50
Schiferli 4 for 49 in 10
Ten Doeschate 2 for 48 in 10

The Netherlands 248 for 3 in 46.2
Zuiderent 64*
Ten Doeschate 106* off 84 balls
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.04.2009 - 18:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Judas on 01.04.2009 at 16:24

Afghanistan won their first match against Denmark

Denmark 203-9 (50.0 overs)
Afghanistan 205-5 (46.2 overs)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.04.2009 - 02:54
Wyrd

What is Cricket?
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
02.04.2009 - 07:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Wyrd on 02.04.2009 at 02:54

What is Cricket?

A sport
Canada is currently also taking part in the World Cup Qualification tournament in SOuth Africa
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.04.2009 - 17:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
ANother 7 wicket win for the DUtch today.

Now beating mainland Europe compatriates Denmark

Denmark 245/9/50

Shiferli 3/43/10
Ten Doeschate 2/47/10

The Netherlands 246/3/43
Kervezee 121* opened the batting
Szwarczynski 64
Zuiderent 29*
Ten Doeschate (yesterday's centurion) now a 2nd ball duck, stumped
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2009 - 11:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Okay I am actually not too big a fan of the 20 20 format, but what a FUCKING GREAT start to the World Cup yesterday. The Dutch making England and its commentators eat humble pie.

What was that Michael Atherton? The Dutch have ZERO per cent chance of winning a match this tournament? Hahahaha, look who's laughing now.

Brilliant last ball victory over the English.
Great recovery from 100 runs against and no wickets down after 11 overs to 162/5 after 20.

That of course should been enough for the English to defend... but as it turned out it wasn't. After over nr. 2 there was not a single time during the chace that it seemed the Dutch wouldn't make it.

Well done guys.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2009 - 19:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does there starts WC now?
I saw Weest Indies vs Australia havbe no clue who won, but West Indie splayer hit 2 balls out of stadion to the road hehhehe
Where hepen this tournament? What country?

I read all those rules what Marcel posted 2 years ago, but still dunno, all
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.06.2009 - 19:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 06.06.2009 at 19:06

I saw Weest Indies vs Australia havbe no clue who won, but West Indie splayer hit 2 balls out of stadion to the road hehhehe

WC 20/20 started yesterday and is played in England.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2009 - 20:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.06.2009 at 19:27

Written by Bad English on 06.06.2009 at 19:06

WC 20/20 started yesterday and is played in England.

I shood know it when ball hit on ground in street was written bus stop in english
How much cost tickets to cricket games I have no idea , or games is werry cheep
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.06.2009 - 21:20
kesh
Account deleted
Depends who's playing. I'm going to get tickets for the Ashes at Edgbaston (England vs Australia test match, could go on for 5 days) which should cost about £120(125 euros). Just an excuse to drink all day and wear fancy dress.
10.06.2009 - 16:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 09.06.2009 at 21:20

Depends who's playing. I'm going to get tickets for the Ashes at Edgbaston (England vs Australia test match, could go on for 5 days) which should cost about £120(125 euros). Just an excuse to drink all day and wear fancy dress.

Be prepared to be whitewashed by the Aussies No, I don't think it will be that bad, but imo there is no chance in hell for you guys to regain the Ashes since you are way weaker than 4 years ago.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.06.2009 - 17:21
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
I watched 20/20 cricket the other day and it was actually quite exciting, I could appreciate it. It was a lot faster and people actually had to take risks and go for it. I can't stand test cricket, it goes on for too long and is just boring. But as kesh said, a good excuse to drink all day haha.
11.06.2009 - 00:05
kesh
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.06.2009 at 16:21

Be prepared to be whitewashed by the Aussies No, I don't think it will be that bad, but imo there is no chance in hell for you guys to regain the Ashes since you are way weaker than 4 years ago.

I really don't expect anything from the England cricket team. They have consistently disappointed since... ever really. You can always, always rely on crushing disappointment whenever England are concerned. The nearest hint of an actual win and it's blown up into galactic size self belief. We beat South Africa (at home) in the last one day game of the series after we'd already lost - we are going to beat India; we go to India and almost beat them in the last test - were going to destroy the West Indies; we are comprehensively beaten by the West Indies but manage to win them twice at home in favourable conditions (seems as though the Windies have no experience at all of our wickets and swing - were world cup 20/20 contenders; we beat a weak Pakistani side and lose to the Netherlands, a team not even ranked in ICC terms.

So yes, the Aussies have found it hard to adapting without the likes of McGrath or Warne and co, who wouldn't, there still up there with India & South Africa as far as test match steel is concerned. England really need Flintoff, even firing at 80% to win a game, but he want be there till at least the 4th test, so unless they win at Lords i can see it been another 0-5 to the Aussies. England don't lose, they fold up and die instantly.

Still hopeful though, Bopara, Peiterson, Prior, Strauss and co can be quite a powerful battling line-up if confident.
11.06.2009 - 00:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 11.06.2009 at 00:05

...we beat a weak Pakistani side and lose to the Netherlands, a team not even ranked in ICC terms.

Had the Pakistani played against you guys the way they did against us yesterday I am pretty certain they would have won and you would be out of the 20/20 World Cup. I am still cursing all things Pakistani after yesterday, though they did deserve the win and we were beaten all ends up, but at least our opening bowler clocked the quickest deliovery this 20/20 WC when he hit a Pakistani in the box (but then again our Dutchman is Australian with dual nationality) Why the hell didn't they go for it last Sunday? Ah well, at least we put a nice mark on this tournament by beating you guys last Friday...

Btw WE are ranked in ICC terms, though of course not testwise. But in ODI we are ranked just after Ireland who are just behind the
test countries and Kenya is somehwere around that place as well. Scotland is much worse than us, but somehow the English media and EB can't seem to get to terms with that (and Scotland being worse than us has been going on for years now ) As for 20/20 rankings I am not sure where we are but I would guess behind the test nations and Ireland and above kenya, Scotland and the rest of the associates
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996