Metal Storm logo
Cricket

Original post

Posted by Valar, 19.05.2006 - 17:01
Glad to open a Cricket Thread the most followed and worshipped game in the Indian Subcontinent though i am pessimistic this thread will get many patrons
Updating India Won Vs The West Indies in West Indies it was the first match of the ongoing 5 match ODI series and will be followed by the test series.
Also Sri lanka Drew ther match with England as England dropped 9 catches and dropped the opportunity to go 1-0 up in the test series.
09.08.2013 - 23:55
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Nefarious on 22.07.2013 at 10:16

So......how are the aussies enjoying the ashes so far?

Today they bowled really well. I hope they rip off last wicket tomorrow in first session.

DRS is making headlines all over the mainstream media and has fucked rashes series apart. They should "fullproof" DRS system again.
10.10.2013 - 21:27
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
My favorite cricketer ever and greatest living icon retired from wonderful game of Cricket.

i'll surely miss his awesome shots.
10.10.2013 - 23:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Marcel - is there a club cricket and some kind a competition like CL in football, ?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.11.2013 - 17:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
My favorite sportsman and legend of legends Sachin Tendulkar officially played his last test match. His records are insurmountable and will never ever been surpassed. His emotional speech today was perfect and touched every fan of him(including me). Totally a fanboy who'll miss him and pretty much sad that he won't be coming back.
01.03.2014 - 17:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Zomg, Afghanistan beat Bangladesh* in Asia Cup 14. It's time for unknown teams to step up and beat top leaders. The day ain't far when you see teams like Netherlands, Afghanistan, Ireland, or even Nepal ripping top teams apart.

*Sorry Mech.
01.03.2014 - 22:58
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.03.2014 at 17:53

Zomg, Afghanistan beat Bangladesh* in Asia Cup 14. It's time for unknown teams to step up and beat top leaders. The day ain't far when you see teams like Netherlands, Afghanistan, Ireland, or even Nepal ripping top teams apart.

*Sorry Mech.

Eh, we deserve it in all honesty, with the kind of shoddy, non-penetrative (yes, I said that) attacking display in the bowling department. And don't forget; they gave Pakistan a run for their money.
Seconded reg. participation of more association teams. Would definitely do the sport a world of good, and give it much needed variety.
02.03.2014 - 09:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 01.03.2014 at 22:58

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.03.2014 at 17:53

*Sorry Mech.

Eh, we deserve it in all honesty, with the kind of shoddy, non-penetrative (yes, I said that) attacking display in the bowling department. And don't forget; they gave Pakistan a run for their money.
Seconded reg. participation of more association teams. Would definitely do the sport a world of good, and give it much needed variety.

I think Bangladesh's performance was good but they gave too much runs in last 20 covers. Otherwise, you see first 30 covers it was mere 100 runs but in last 20 overs they gave away 160 runs(which is good target on sub-continent pitches in 20-20 format). With Asharful* not on your side, openers let the team down. As an old adage goes in cricket, good start makes the team in driving seat. Well, India Pak fighting today, one team has to face rejection today. It'll be fun-day today.

He's my favorite when it comes to hammering down runs against beat teams.
02.03.2014 - 12:10
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 02.03.2014 at 09:23

I think Bangladesh's performance was good but they gave too much runs in last 20 covers. Otherwise, you see first 30 covers it was mere 100 runs but in last 20 overs they gave away 160 runs(which is good target on sub-continent pitches in 20-20 format). With Asharful* not on your side, openers let the team down. As an old adage goes in cricket, good start makes the team in driving seat. Well, India Pak fighting today, one team has to face rejection today. It'll be fun-day today.

What I like about the current team is that they have a stronger pool of players now, instead of one good player carrying the whole team. Like Ashraful, for example; it's true that we won a lot of matches initially when he was playing to his potential but he'll always be remembered as a missed opportunity, an enigma. Nowadays, we have the capability to win without some star players, as the pool is stronger now (the home series vs. NZ, for example). Addtionally, I'd be much more worried if Shakib Al Hasan (the world's best all-rounder arguably) goes missing more often than not in crunch matches.

Indeed, the loss was totally avoidable, and it just shows that the team is lacking temperament and, to some extent, fitness. Nothing new really. In any case, good luck against Pakistan bud. It'll be a tightly contested one hopefully.
02.03.2014 - 21:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 02.03.2014 at 12:10

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 02.03.2014 at 09:23

In any case, good luck against Pakistan bud. It'll be a tightly contested one hopefully.

Ah, shit went down to the last ball until Afridi blasted two sixes off consecutive balls and took match away from India. I really thought 245 wasn't an easy target(this whole "dew" shit is drab except ball gets wet and comes on bat easily) and indeed Pakistan had their last sweat until boom boom Afridi finished the game. Close game, bad luck India as they didn't do well with the bat. Had it be +20-25 runs on board, India would have done the job well.

Yes, Hafeez played very good innings but the way he throwed his wicket was very amatuer show.
03.03.2014 - 07:55
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 03.03.2014 at 07:33

I have lived in Australia for most of my life and still find cricket to be one of life's more tedious phenomena.

It would be vastly improved if they used hand grenades instead of balls and batters had to fight their way past violent psychopaths armed with cleavers to score runs.

yeah i think cricket sux too, but somehow i don't think this thread is for people to talk about how it sux
03.03.2014 - 09:34
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 03.03.2014 at 07:55

Written by deadone on 03.03.2014 at 07:33

I have lived in Australia for most of my life and still find cricket to be one of life's more tedious phenomena.

It would be vastly improved if they used hand grenades instead of balls and batters had to fight their way past violent psychopaths armed with cleavers to score runs.

yeah i think cricket sux too, but somehow i don't think this thread is for people to talk about how it sux

I think Ice Hockey "sux" too. But, still there's a thread where people don't participate how that particular sport "sux".
04.03.2014 - 00:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I Always find it baffling how much of a cricket fan I am even though I am Dutch and that there are people from true cricketing countries who don't carer about it at all.
And btw I am NOT a fan of T20 matches Limited over matches are als not the thing. I want my test matches. Like the epic battering the Poms got at the hands of the Aussies or the great battle between South Africa currently going on. What a shame it's only a three match series though. :-( I want to see fats bowlers soften up batsman, hit them on their body, hit them on their helmet. And that's been going on by both sides this series. Just loving it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.03.2014 - 00:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Btw the highlight of my cricketing life has been the Indian team practising at my club in Utrecht about 8 or so years ago and seeing the true cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar practice and after their practice session having a really nice talk with the guy in the clubhouse.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.03.2014 - 10:14
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.03.2014 at 00:36

Btw the highlight of my cricketing life has been the Indian team practising at my club in Utrecht about 8 or so years ago and seeing the true cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar practice and after their practice session having a really nice talk with the guy in the clubhouse.

Great. He was fantastic with his skills.

I met him while I was in 7th standard, was on tour with my dad to India and from one of my dad's friend I got to meet The Sachin Tendulkar in New Delhi. I talk to him for half an hour while he was on break from nets and is an amazing guy. He told me to watch out for him while hammering down England bowlers . His next tour was to NZ and was focusing hard to face the heat from bowlers like Shane Bond,Toffel or even Chris Cairns. NZ were champions at that time with superb batting line up.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.03.2014 at 00:34

I Always find it baffling how much of a cricket fan I am even though I am Dutch and that there are people from true cricketing countries who don't carer about it at all.
And btw I am NOT a fan of T20 matches Limited over matches are als not the thing. I want my test matches. Like the epic battering the Poms got at the hands of the Aussies or the great battle between South Africa currently going on. What a shame it's only a three match series though. :-( I want to see fats bowlers soften up batsman, hit them on their body, hit them on their helmet. And that's been going on by both sides this series. Just loving it.

T20 meant for entertainment and hosting every 2nd year of T20 world cup is now becoming tiring. It's like cup is tossed from one country to another country and the day ain't far where we'll see Nepal lifting T20 world cup. Such an entertainment crap.

And seeing "fast bowlers soften up batsman, hit them on their body, hit them on their helmet"? You gotta have to bring Ambrose, Walsh, Denis Lillie or Waqar Younis back on track and damaging front grill of helmet. I miss the fun and "actual" sledging* on field. Gone are the days when Aussie use to put 9 players(including Wicket Keeper) on slips while Glen McGrath outswings his bullets.
Oh, did you see the amount of match-fixing gone up? Sometimes I feel that every match finishes up in close-contested challenge, it's darn fixed.

*sledging these days have gone crap. Bowler: "Hey fuck you!" Batsmen: "Fuck you too"!! Baaah.
04.03.2014 - 13:46
MechanisT
Account deleted
Yay to Tigers going absolutely berzerk and off-the-charts today. :')
04.03.2014 - 14:32
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.03.2014 at 00:36

Haawww. fanboy moment? I've never been much of a cricket fan, but I do watch it with friends over a few beers. I barely follow any sport now, maybe I do follow a bit of the xgames, but that's it
By the way, I'm sure Joe would be pissed with you using the word Poms
I had quite the laugh in Germany when I would hear the kebab guys always say pommes, which to me sounded like pomies
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
04.03.2014 - 20:09
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 04.03.2014 at 13:46

I feel for you and the fans out there who turned up in loads to see Bangla win. But, woah, the way they put up the score on board was fantastic. They ripped Pakinstani's bowling unit. Outstanding display of batting but not much shown in bowling. Fielding was awful especially captain dropping Afridi(though he dismissed few deliveries after) but impact would be hella different. Bangladesh played well and I think they'll be top contender to upset big teams in T20 world cup.

With that, India was shown the door too.
04.03.2014 - 21:31
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 04.03.2014 at 20:09

Written by Guest on 04.03.2014 at 13:46

I feel for you and the fans out there who turned up in loads to see Bangla win. But, woah, the way they put up the score on board was fantastic. They ripped Pakinstani's bowling unit. Outstanding display of batting but not much shown in bowling. Fielding was awful especially captain dropping Afridi(though he dismissed few deliveries after) but impact would be hella different. Bangladesh played well and I think they'll be top contender to upset big teams in T20 world cup.

With that, India was shown the door too.

And with that, I think that a major shakeup should be on the cards regarding our bowling, coz otherwise, I see this being repeated over and over again, as it has been for the last few years. Pathetic, meek, complacent, coupled with poor captaincy. Our bowling is nowhere near where it was five-six years ago, and it's not like there has been a huge overhaul or anything of that sort, more like a lack of development and wrong/defensive/cowardly attitude. If we can't defend a score like that, then we deserve to be beaten. As simple as that. A real shame for the batsmen, though, coz all of them scored fifties and Shakib was outstanding as well (44 of just 16 balls).
22.03.2014 - 21:41
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
T20 has commenced.

Nice to see Netherlands pulling off great win with 6 overs to go - great opening partnership and ending was murderous. Bangladesh losing to Afghanistan was amusing, I don't know how fans will be reacting(though they qualified). India ripped Pakistan yesterday. Today, rain spoiled an awesome play between New Zealand and England. Poor Brits has to face heat of injustice and frustration. They would have pull off the match.

Let's see how world cup unfolds. I'm really looking forward to.
24.03.2014 - 16:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Hilarious!!

Netherlands pathetically collapsed on 39 against Sri Lanka.

What happened, Marcel Hubregtse?
24.03.2014 - 16:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.03.2014 at 16:49

Hilarious!!

No frigging idea what happened
I was following the match on Cricinfo and was totally stunned. But at least the Dutch totally demolished the lowest ever inetrnational T20 score. SO, there was a certain style to it Hahahaha
What a totally different kind of batting than in the match against Ireland where they chased down 189 runs in 13.5 overs.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.03.2014 - 17:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.03.2014 at 16:52

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.03.2014 at 16:49

Hilarious!!

No frigging idea what happened
I was following the match on Cricinfo and was totally stunned. But at least the Dutch totally demolished the lowest ever inetrnational T20 score. SO, there was a certain style to it Hahahaha
What a totally different kind of batting than in the match against Ireland where they chased down 189 runs in 13.5 overs.

Fast pitches cricket teams should know they playing on sub-continent pitches. The most DIFFICULT pitches of the world. It's easy to get away with on fast pitches as you have a mentality to hit out on the way ball comes to it.

It's quite difficult to play on spinning tracks. Look at Sri Lanka, their spinners ripped middle order of Netherland. Tell captain of Holland team to have few spinners in team.

And funny part is Sri Lanka while chasing down to 40 runs lost their opener. Pathetic, again.
28.03.2014 - 10:20
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Alex Hales opened the account in style. Still I felt the opening was shabby and fielding was amateur. Broad also need to shuffle bowlers smartly. At the end they gave away too much runs.
31.03.2014 - 15:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Take that, you Poms. Five years after your last ball humiliation at Lord's you're now truly hammered by the Dutch. England 88 all out chasing 133 for 5 by the Dutch. Hell yeah!!!!
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.03.2014 - 17:33
MechanisT
Account deleted
Hahahahaha well... that'll add 10 more years to England's "shock to the system" recovery time. Lightning does strike twice in the same place, it seems...
31.03.2014 - 19:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Worst exit for Brits. Ashley Giles need to re-configure team while shabbyhead Broad needs to be more mature. Howling down on umpires won't get him an ounce of respect. Like Mech said, lighting do strikes twice in one place. Proved.

Well, India will getting up against *match on between NZ v/s SL*, it has swung badly to SL side. I really want NZ to be in semis so that Indian spinners beat the hell down to Mcullum's boys.
04.04.2014 - 11:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Too bad for WI they knock it off due to hailstorm. Looking forward to second semi today, India taking over SA and hoping India v/s SL in finals. It gonna be tight finale.
29.04.2014 - 09:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What the fuck with that county team who finished up at the total of 3?
09.11.2014 - 18:02
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I really do not understand what the hell is going on.

Recently, Sri Lanka lost the series to India today and India goes up 3-0(with one match remain). Apparently, world champion Sri Lanks( well, i dont consider them champion until they lift up in full format) are a fantastic side, beaten Australia, England and WI before coming to India and get hammered like amateur team. Subcontinent teams like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh who knows how to play spin good, how come they're fucked up in front of world champion India. Why are so many good teams get bullied by India? They rip apart WI, England, South Africa, New Zealand and next series before WC is in Australia. Get ready Aussies, Men in Blue gonna kick kangaroo's nuts there.

Aren't there any competition left in Cricket? They have dominated Cricket like Mughals did in India 500 years back.
12.11.2014 - 18:50
MechanisT
Account deleted
They may be numero uno (rightfully so, they probably have the best batting unit ever seen) in the current climate, but they've got some way to go before they're included in the same bracket as the Aussie teams of the '90s and early '00s , or the WI ones of the '70s. Their test record is rather woeful.