10. Don't Turn Your Back...
11. Cold Sweat [Thin Lizzy cover]
12. All I Want [limited edition bonus] [Japanese bonus]
13. A House Divided [limited edition bonus] [Japanese bonus]
14. Symphony Of Destruction [Live in Pomona, CA] [Japanese bonus]

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
So MegadavE is back with album 14 now (Jebus, really, that many? I stopped paying attention after The Black Alb?Countdown To Disappointment about 20 years ago!), entitled Supercollider.

It seems across the interw3b there have been a lot of super-deriders, but the band is of significant enough stature that we really should review them and since no one else at Metal Storm Towers was chomping at the bit, I figured I'd take this on as a change of pace from Slavic doom.

Read more ››
published 02.06.2013 | Comments (65)

Found in 28 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 4

Comments: 120   Visited by: 1612 users
05.06.2013 - 07:51
Rating: 6
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Big-Al on 04.06.2013 at 09:05
Still can't get over the artwork either.

What makes the cover artwork even more difficult to get my head round, is that there are actually 2 illustrations of Vic in the album booklet! (I pre-ordered the album before hearing it, stupid I know... ) I remember in the 90's, when Megadeth wanted to be taken more seriously by the mainstream fraternity, they stopped putting Vic on their album covers. CTE and Youth both featured Vic on the back cover, but not on the front cover, likely because Dave thought metal mascots like Vic were very "uncool" at the time. Why pay someone to come up with illustrations of Vic, only to hide them within the booklet? Ridiculous...
05.06.2013 - 08:16
Rating: 7
reload3591
I'm feeling it's clearly better than U.A. or Th1rt33n (inclding the title, sheesh), but holds no candle up to Endgame or TSHAF. It certainly lacks direction pretty severely, but not a bad sound at all. I think some people are just pissed about the cover art and are taking it out on the music.
05.06.2013 - 08:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by reload3591 on 05.06.2013 at 08:16
I think some people are just pissed about the cover art and are taking it out on the music.

The cover of "Cryptic Writings" is no better, and probably even worse, but I think that one is a superior album to "Super Collider". I know that there are some people who allow frivolous things to get in the way of their judgement of music, but you'd have to be incredibly shallow to judge the musical contents of an album based on the quality of the cover artwork...
05.06.2013 - 12:24
Rating: 8
Big-Al
Written by reload3591 on 05.06.2013 at 08:16
I think some people are just pissed about the cover art and are taking it out on the music.

so, never judge a book by it's cover?
----

I drink moosepiss
05.06.2013 - 12:40
Fritillaria
Account deleted
I have never been interested in Megadeth, but isn't this album like their any other previous works ? it's not good but not bad either. I have always had hard time listening to Megadeth because of the annoying vocals, but on this one, they're less annoying, the performance and and sound are totally fair as well. Totally I would say perhaps one of the only Megadeth albums AFTER Rust In Peace( which I like it) that I will give it several listens.Oh Wait,Off The Edge,was the worst one on this album.Don't Turn Your Back was fucking blasting !
06.06.2013 - 02:04
quisableed
Account deleted
Bad. Very bad. This is my third listen and I'm not able to go on. I'm sorry Dave.
06.06.2013 - 10:48
stelios_7
Very Good !!!
06.06.2013 - 12:15
Rating: 5
Mc_Twist
There is some catchy riffs and things but..
This is probably the Most useless thing i've ever heard..

'really disappointed!
06.06.2013 - 18:35
Rating: 3
Strawberry
Such a dissapointing album.
There wasn't a single point throught the whole album where I thought ''oh this is actually not bad"
07.06.2013 - 06:06
Written by Tony Teh Towel on 04.06.2013 at 18:53

Call me freakin crazy if you want, but I think this is possibly the 2nd best Megadeth album ever, only behind Rust In Peace

It seems consistent, refreshingly different in some ways, and features what are imo many of Dave's best lyrics ever, like "Dance In The Rain". That song easily ranking amongst the best Megadeth songs ever if you ask me.

Also Dave's vocals are at an all time low level of nasally sounding-ness. Which is good.

Doesn't sound crazy to me. I've given every one of their albums a fair shot and other than the releases from 1992 and 1994, none of their discography sparks my interest whatsoever. So this may as well be their 3rd best as far as I'm concerned.
07.06.2013 - 15:40
To tell you the truth, I'm not disappointed with the new album. Being a fan of Megadeth, all their releases are wonderful to me. This one hasn't become an exception. From the first to the last second, it's a devastating pleasure to listen to the new Megadeth album.
07.06.2013 - 22:54
TheDarkWizard
Written by Erik M. on 04.06.2013 at 20:02

Written by Tony Teh Towel on 04.06.2013 at 18:53

Call me freakin crazy if you want, but I think this is possibly the 2nd best Megadeth album ever, only behind Rust In Peace

It seems consistent, refreshingly different in some ways, and features what are imo many of Dave's best lyrics ever, like "Dance In The Rain". That song easily ranking amongst the best Megadeth songs ever if you ask me.

Also Dave's vocals are at an all time low level of nasally sounding-ness. Which is good.

You're going to be massacred for saying this... hahaha.

I'm totally uninterested in Megadeth (even the old albums don't interest me at all), so I don't have an opinion either way.

Totally agree!
08.06.2013 - 12:30
Rating: 4
I also find it quite disappointing. Thirteen wasn't that great either, but it had some nice songs that were just nice to listen to. This new album unfortunately doesn't have that for me. Of the ten songs, I only found the first and eighth enjoyable. The others were mediocre to my ear at best.
10.06.2013 - 09:36
Gush.. Guys.. Too many negative reviews.. I really can't get it..
10.06.2013 - 12:27
Big-Al
Alright, 6/10 rather than 5/10.

That's some really cool riffing on there, still a bit uninspired but one day I may pick it up as a CD, but only for a bargin bin price.

Hope MegaDave can get some better inspiration before releasing a new album... maybe get angry at something again, or even better, write about drugs.
----

I drink moosepiss
13.06.2013 - 07:50
Mattybu
There's 2 songs on here that are desperately trying to crawl their way out of mediocrity, and the rest is just below mediocre, what is this honestly.

The blackest crow:
14.06.2013 - 00:14
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
I think after "Risk" it's weaker than any Megadeth album .
15.06.2013 - 06:38
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Worst Megadeth album ever, and I thought United Abominations was boring...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
16.06.2013 - 02:52
Maco
Pvt Funderground
This shit is worse than epitome of torture. In conclusion, is the worst "thrash" album of the year for now.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
17.06.2013 - 15:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191371

well if they would record good album, wery good popl will buy it more, but album sucks
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.06.2013 - 21:14
DrM
DreaMutilated
It's either I'm getting old or Dave is. Or both.
Won't rate out of respect for what Megadeth once was.
27.06.2013 - 19:27
Himedal
Fuck metallica and megadeth both. you guys need to go for the new wave of thrash. Havok, Warbringer, Lich King and so many other bands.
----
What goes by is life to be taken
The doom calls upon the forsaken
28.06.2013 - 19:46
I don't know why so much people are so negative about this album. Would it still be negative if it was another band? I think it is for many dissapointing because it is not the same as the rest of their albums.
When i hear the album, i hear eleven good and powerful songs. The thrash is gone but who cares, you want to listen to every song and it is over before you know it. Nr 1 album of my list of 2013 till now!
28.06.2013 - 20:11
Rating: 3
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by metaalbewerker on 28.06.2013 at 19:46

I don't know why so much people are so negative about this album. Would it still be negative if it was another band?

Yes.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.06.2013 - 20:54
God Alone

Would it still be negative if it was another band?

If it wasn't a Megadeth album I don't think anyone would even care about its existence, tbh.
29.06.2013 - 01:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

I don't know why so much people are so negative about this album. Would it still be negative if it was another band? I think it is for many dissapointing because it is not the same as the rest of their albums.
When i hear the album, i hear eleven good and powerful songs. The thrash is gone but who cares, you want to listen to every song and it is over before you know it. Nr 1 album of my list of 2013 till now!

you really don't like metal, do you?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2013 - 05:11
Lit.
Account deleted

Well, obviously people here haven't cared about Megadeth since their early days. But it wouldn't have made a difference. This is a crap album regardless.
02.07.2013 - 22:25
I have nothing against Country Rock but this is just awful.
04.07.2013 - 14:54
Rating: 5
AndMetalForAll
kual21
Awful album and a really bad follow up of their previous album
----
greets,
kual21
06.07.2013 - 11:10
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Just watched the music video for Supercollider. I didn't know you could get that cheesy.
----

Hits total: 30235 | This month: 84