Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - North American Tour Cancelled

British extreme metallers Cradle Of Filth have been the latest victim of "immigration issues" as the band has been forced to cancel their scheduled North American tour which was going to start next week with The Faceless, Decapitated and The Agonist as special guests.

According to their official Facebook page: "Cradle Of Filth are really sorry to tell all of their fans that their US tour 28 Days Closer To Hell is going to have to be cancelled, due to US immigration issues beyond the band's control. They have been desperately trying to solve these problems, but it has become evident they are not going to be resolved in time for the band to embark on a tour that starts next week. The band sincerely apologise to all their fans and to the other acts on the tour and want to assure people they have made every effort possible to go ahead with the tour."

The Agonist also released the following statement: "Dear North American fans: Cradle Of Filth has just released the following tour cancellation statement. We are truly sorry to those of you who were coming out to see us live. This cancellation was beyond our control and we are devastated by this news, both emotionally and financially. We devoted so much to this tour that to say we are disappointed would be an immense understatement. Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope to see you all again soon."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Event: Cradle Of Filth: North American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED]
Posted: 14.02.2013 by Ab.Victor

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 209 users
14.02.2013 - 20:18
Windrider
Raureif
What's the problem in travelling from UK to USA?? I don't think they brought guns to the plane, so what?
14.02.2013 - 21:08
Vombatus
Potorro
Probably visa problem.... like always.
14.02.2013 - 23:15
Ab.Victor
عرص
Written by Windrider on 14.02.2013 at 20:18

What's the problem in travelling from UK to USA?? I don't think they brought guns to the plane, so what?

hahaha
----
Stab me with hate
Enforce my fate
Pain's my belonging
To death I am longing
The death I desire
The dead I admire
See no more illusion
Just thy persecution

So finish your work
Stab me with fork
Torture with knife
End useless life
Slit all my wrists
14.02.2013 - 23:51
X5452
Account deleted
Sucks for all the fans but in all honesty they should have worked out a visa problem well in advance in my opinion. They have been there before and know the drill.
15.02.2013 - 02:00
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Written by Vombatus on 14.02.2013 at 21:08

I have no idea. Citizens of the UK can travel to the USA "for business or pleasure" for 90-days or less WITHOUT a visa. That would qualify as "business" so ... was the tour going to last MORE THAN 90 days? That'd be pretty intense.

So aggravating when bands are denied by US immigration. It makes NO sense. It really is a bureaucracy fail. I'm sorry my government is so douchey sometimes.

Shit. I don't even like COF. I quite dislike them. Just not as much as I dislike obsolete bureaucracy.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.02.2013 - 02:24
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Shit tay, I think its for the best though, they have been churning out albums and tours wayyy to fast lately and their album quality has definitely suffered because of it.

Maybe the time off will help give them some fresh inspiration... or maybe im just being an optimitist..
----
pewpew.. gotcha
15.02.2013 - 03:28
Vermoorden
Written by Susan on 15.02.2013 at 02:00

I have no idea. Citizens of the UK can travel to the USA "for business or pleasure" for 90-days or less WITHOUT a visa. That would qualify as "business" so ... was the tour going to last MORE THAN 90 days? That'd be pretty intense.

So aggravating when bands are denied by US immigration. It makes NO sense. It really is a bureaucracy fail. I'm sorry my government is so douchey sometimes.

Shit. I don't even like COF. I quite dislike them. Just not as much as I dislike obsolete bureaucracy.

The tour was supposed to be 28 days, and i was quite looking forward to it. I love all the bands on the lineup.
15.02.2013 - 04:07
CWA
I blame "False Flag" Terrorism for all these immigration issues. It's a crying shame though, since I rarely enjoy all the bands at one show.
15.02.2013 - 05:38
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
"we don't like yerr kind heere"
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.02.2013 - 10:41
Purgatori☠
They should just cross our border illegally. Then the government will welcome them with open arms.
15.02.2013 - 19:14
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Susan on 15.02.2013 at 02:00

I was not aware of the 90-days without visa for UK citizens.... but keep in mind that all band members (like ze drummer) and maybe some of the team behind might not have UK citizenship. And the specific reason is not stated so who knows... Anyway, I agree with the bureaucracy stuff, so much bands had to cancel tours coz of the incompetence or lengthy paperwork.
16.02.2013 - 16:58
reload3591
Written by Purgatori☠ on 15.02.2013 at 10:41

They should just cross our border illegally. Then the government will welcome them with open arms.

Not only that, but they would be given free education, housing, food stamps, and healthcare.
20.02.2013 - 19:44
Septicfish
The US will fall to the its own laws, and on that day I will dance and sing in rejoice of the fall of that idiotic and incompetent nation. Ave Satana!
----
Ave Lucifer cornuta Magnus, Sanctus Satanas, dator vitae aeternae et signifer libero.
24.03.2013 - 08:16
BloodFireDeath
I blame the current administration..............they just LOVE red tape
----
Goodspeed on the Devils Thunder

Hits total: 3792 | This month: 7