Metal Storm logo
Best of the 90's

15.02.2013 - 08:56
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Now as we all know, thrash was the best when it was in the 80s and started to diminish into the 90s, although some bands were still doing good such as Slayer. Some bands got better in the 90s, such as Pantera. I would just like to know who everyone thinks is the best of the 90s. Any genre, thrash, death, black, you name it. For me it would be Pantera. They are one of my favorite bands, and they pretty much dominated the 90s metal scene, keeping it heavy with groove and thrash, not taking any shit and not following the "Weak ass trends or pussy whipped fucking ideas" as Phil Anselmo once said.
So you do you think it is?
16.02.2013 - 20:19
Lit.
Account deleted
What are you talking about? Slayer totally sucked in the 90's.
Only ones off the top of my head are White Zombie and Edge of Sanity.
16.02.2013 - 23:19
blacktooth85

Written by Guest on 16.02.2013 at 20:19

I wouldn't say Slayer "totally" sucked in the 90's. Seasons was released in 1990, that's considered one of their best albums. And Divine Intervention is horribly underrated. Diabolus wasn't their best but there's a few good tracks off that album... I'd take 90's era Slayer over anything they've put out in the 2000's.
17.02.2013 - 09:22
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by blacktooth85 on 16.02.2013 at 23:19

Written by Guest on 16.02.2013 at 20:19

I wouldn't say Slayer "totally" sucked in the 90's. Seasons was released in 1990, that's considered one of their best albums. And Divine Intervention is horribly underrated. Diabolus wasn't their best but there's a few good tracks off that album... I'd take 90's era Slayer over anything they've put out in the 2000's.

Yeah Divine Intervention is one of my favorite albums by them, plus compared to the other bands in the big four, Slayer was doing very good.
18.02.2013 - 04:14
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ok well... considering ''Unquestionable Presence'' was released in 1991... Atheist was pretty fucking decent, then again, you have ''Mental Vortex'' by Coroner... which is also pretty fucking solid... -_- You have the beginning of incredible bands aswell, Quo Vadis with ''Forever'' and Children of Bodom with ''Something Wild'',also you obviously got Pantera's new releases and Exhorder's debut ... with ''Vulgar Display Of Power'' and ''Slaughter In The Vatican'', oh wait you then have Death turning into a Technical Thrash Band with albums like ''Human'', ''Symbolic'', ''Individual Thought Patterns'' and ''The Sound of Perseverance'', Helloween's ''Time Of The Oath'' in 1996 and Iron Maiden's ''Fear Of The Dark'' in 1992 ... dude you're simply asking too much from me, you're slowly killing me. The 90's were awesome.

Can't chose a band, but I love the whole thing.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here