Metal Storm logo
Entwine - Keyboardist Quits

Finland's Suomi metal band Entwine have posted the following message on their official website:

"A long time member, a friend, and the only girl of the group, keyboardist Riitta Heikkonen has departed with Entwine for personal reasons. From now on the band will continue as a quintet, without planning a replacement for Riitta.
Her official statement about this decision can be read here later on."

Source: entwine.org
Band profile: Entwine
Posted: 08.12.2006 by Mrs A W Riddle

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 3 users
08.12.2006 - 20:31
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Hm it seems that the keyboardist wasn't so important to the band after all.
08.12.2006 - 23:47
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Guest on 08.12.2006 at 20:31

Maybe, but she was quite pleasant to look at
09.12.2006 - 10:22
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Written by Ivan on 08.12.2006 at 23:47

Written by Guest on 08.12.2006 at 20:31

Maybe, but she was quite pleasant to look at

In deed
09.12.2006 - 12:41
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Too bad, the only woman in the band, also very beautiful!
The keyboardist in Entwine is important IMO, creating an atmospheric "carpet" for guitars, maybe not for live but surely in studio albums...
Hope they will find another beautiful girl to replace Riita...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
09.12.2006 - 13:25
Mr Heartbreaker
Account deleted
This could be - and probably is - completely off target... but is it possible that she left the band b/c she wasn't crazy about the new direction Entwine has taken with their music?
Don't get me wrong, I love the new album. But maybe she was more into their older stuff such as "Gone" and just didn't want to be a part of the more nu-metalish sound they have gotten into...
11.12.2006 - 03:00
Shovite

Maybe she wasn't the most important member in the band, but all the members in the band are important, Entwine will not be the same without her....
11.12.2006 - 21:54
Thryce
Retired Staff
Keyboardist Riitta Heikkonen has since issued the following statement in regards to her departure:

"For the past two years I haven't had enough time for Entwine because of my personal life. I feel like during that time I grew apart from this band. And now I came to a situation where I needed to make a choice about my future.

I've played keys in Entwine for eight years. During that time Entwine has made my life more colorful. We've gone through wonderful trips and gigs together. As much as I'd love to, I don't see myself behind the keys in the future. It's so hard to let go, but sometimes you need to go through hard choices. I'm sorry, but this is the end of my road with this band.

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank Entwine's guys, all the people we've worked with and our dear fans. You'll always whisper in my heart.

With wistful mind I'll cherish our moments,

Riitta."
----
Your favorite band sucks.
11.12.2006 - 22:50
Chamelion
Account deleted
how touching to see only guys responding to this post. hm, i can imagine it was difficult to balance her new family and husband and the band, probably the similar situation Mrs Turunen-Cabulli faced at some point also :/
let's see now what happens to Entwine... a lot less men in the audience, that i'm quite sure about

Hits total: 2420 | This month: 12