Metal Storm logo
Slayer - Dave Lombardo Kicked Off Australian Tour (Update)

UPDATE: There has been new developments after Slayer's drummer Dave Lombardo released a statement claiming he had been kicked off the band's Australian tour. Slayer has now responded and explained the decision to replace him in a statement issued a few hours ago:

"Slayer confirms that Jon Dette will drum for the band on its Australian tour that starts this Saturday, February 23 in Brisbane. As regards Dave Lombardo's Facebook post, Slayer does not agree with Mr. Lombardo's substance or the timeline of the events, except to acknowledge that Mr. Lombardo came to the band less than a week before their scheduled departure for Australia to present an entirely new set of terms for his engagement that were contrary to those that had been previously agreed upon.

The band was unable to reach an agreement on these new demands in the short amount of time available prior to leaving for Australia. There is more to the account than what Mr. Lombardo has offered, but out of respect to him, Slayer will not be commenting further. Slayer is grateful to its Australian fans for their understanding of this unfortunate last-minute change, and very much looks forward to seeing them at these shows."

Original news, published on 21.02.2013

We might have the first contender for drama of the year. Thrash masters Slayer longtime drummer Dave Lombardo has released a surprising statement regarding the band's upcoming tour. It seems that the drummer has been fired from their Australian tour.

Full statement from Dave Lombardo: ''I want to personally apologize to all of our fans in Australia who have bought tickets for the tour expecting to see me in my usual place on the drums. So that you all know the truth, as of the end of the business day on February 14th, I was notified that I would not be drumming for the tour in Australia. I'm saddened, and to be honest I am shocked by the situation.

Last year, I discovered 90% of Slayer's tour income was being deducted as expenses including the professional fees paid to management, costing the band millions of dollars and leaving 10% or less to split amongst the four of us. In my opinion, this is not the way a band's business should operate. I tried rectifying it by letting my band mates know, and Tom and I hired auditors to figure out what happened, but I was denied access to detailed information and the necessary back up documents.

I spent the Christmas and New Year holidays realizing I had toured all over the world in 2012, but yet, had not been paid (except a small advance) or provided a proper accounting for a full year's sweat and blood. On top of this, I was told that I would not be paid until I signed a long form contract which gave me no written assurance of how much or on what basis management would deduct commissions, nor did it provide me access to the financial budgets or records for review. It also forbade me to do interviews or make statements having to do with the band, in effect a gagging order.

Last Monday, I sat down with Kerry and Tom to rehearse for Australia and to propose a new business model that I felt was the best way forward for Slayer to confidently protect itself so we could do what we do best... play for the fans. Kerry made it clear he wasn't interested in making changes and said if I wanted to argue the point, he would find another drummer. On Thursday, I arrived at rehearsals at 1 pm as scheduled, but Kerry did not show. Rather, at 6:24 pm I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates.

I remain hopeful that we can resolve our issues. But once again, I sincerely apologize to all of our fans in Australia who spent their money expecting to see the 3 of us original Slayer members. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Sincerely, Dave Lombardo."

The band has yet to release an official statement about this matter and some reports indicate that Jon Dette will be filling in for Dave in Australia.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 22.02.2013 by HaaskAksaaH

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 41   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 674 users
21.02.2013 - 12:43
In Bone Factory
What a Shame for other 3 members!!!
----
The End Is Nigh ...
21.02.2013 - 12:49
Kingface
If Dave's side of the story is true then Kerry is, as I've always suspected, a dickhead.
21.02.2013 - 13:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
He maybe shood wear oragne t shirt
I hope Kerry King be fired, I dont like King
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.02.2013 - 13:09
Wiillak
What the f*** is wrong with kerry, the smelly bastrad ! :|
21.02.2013 - 13:28
Athropos
Burning inside
Man, this band is legendary, they have millions of fans around the world, they gain millions of dollars, they're "fucking metal", and yet they find a way to fuck everything up for money...
21.02.2013 - 14:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Athropos on 21.02.2013 at 13:28

Man, this band is legendary, they have millions of fans around the world, they gain millions of dollars, they're "fucking metal", and yet they find a way to fuck everything up for money...

Well, if what Lombardo is saying is true, I'd also be kinda pissed.
----
21.02.2013 - 14:05
Athropos
Burning inside
Written by Warman on 21.02.2013 at 14:02

Well, if what Lombardo is saying is true, I'd also be kinda pissed.

I know, I'm not blaming Lombardo but the band in general...
21.02.2013 - 14:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Athropos on 21.02.2013 at 14:05

I know, I'm not blaming Lombardo but the band in general...

Ah, okay. Got it!
----
21.02.2013 - 14:21
Rulatore
That. was. harsh. Man, if what he says is true, I'ld be very pissed with Kerry, the guy just seemed to be the "owner" of the band and do whatever he wants with it and really doesn't want to hear some opinions.

What a shame, right before a possibly new album and without Jeff too.
21.02.2013 - 14:41
Jtbmetal123
Thats bullshit. Slayer is going to crap, Jeff is about to die and now this. RIP Slayer.
21.02.2013 - 15:03
HaaskAksaaH
SUPPORT US GUYZ !!

https://www.facebook.com/SupportDave?ref=stream
21.02.2013 - 15:07
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Looks like Dave had a very turmoiled Valentine's Day...
If what he says is true, he did the right thing in trying to propose a new model. And it sounds like if "the management" is actually Kerry King.

Written by HaaskAksaaH on 21.02.2013 at 15:03

SUPPORT US GUYZ !!

https://www.facebook.com/SupportDave?ref=stream

Like this is going change to anything...
21.02.2013 - 15:14
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
The headline should be," KERRY KING Kicked Off Australian Tour"... Keep him off the tour so he can sit home and not make shit and see how it feels... What a fucking Dick !!!
----
Chef Metal Head
21.02.2013 - 15:31
Sangre Sani
Kerry always been a douchebag
21.02.2013 - 15:59
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
So he realised just now, after such a long time? Strange, to say the least.

Don't judge Kerry prematurely, listen to both sides first. i'm sure Slayer will issue a statement to address Lombardo's words.
21.02.2013 - 16:19
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
This reads like some kind of conspiracy involving King embezzling from Slayer.

I wouldn't be surprised knowing how much of an asshole King is.
21.02.2013 - 16:30
Malphas
You really had a doubt that kerry is a "dickhead"? well, this should clear all of your doubts lol

and i think this is not just a contender but we already have our winner for the "drama of the year" award xD
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
21.02.2013 - 16:42
HaaskAksaaH
Billy Ward ... Black Sabbath ...

Mike Portnoy ... Dream Theater ...

And now ... Dave Lombardo ... SLAYER! ...

---

The Story of Drummers ... The Story of oppression ... It seems as a totally true story that drummers are on back so they are the most vulnerable for oppression from frontmen ...
21.02.2013 - 16:46
SSM
Massacred
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that
They're giving none away, away, away...!
21.02.2013 - 18:38
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 21.02.2013 at 15:59

So he realised just now, after such a long time? Strange, to say the least.

Don't judge Kerry prematurely, listen to both sides first. i'm sure Slayer will issue a statement to address Lombardo's words.

He has quit the band a few times and had issues with members before, so I don't think there is any new realization here. If anything, we are all just waiting to see if his claims about the band's finances are true.
21.02.2013 - 20:24
bblitz
Very sad news I must say.This is an outrage,money is spreading his evil clutches to the thing we love the most.
And Kerry King is an asshole,this band is falling apart.Tom Arraya could do something.This band has very serious problems
but I believe in my heroes they will adapt and overcome and come back from ugly past stronger than all!!
21.02.2013 - 20:35
bblitz
This is problem with the 'tyrants' in the heavy metal bands,for example I think Metallica would never kick off Lars,
I don't like Metallica but they are unique in that manner.I can imagine the scene:Kerry King blows off Dave,and Tom
Arraya stares with his dumb face and does nothing.They should work this thing together because Dave is original Slayer
and one of the best metall drummers of all time not some session asshole who played five shows in his life.
21.02.2013 - 21:19
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I read elsewhere that Jon Dette was also filling in for Benante on the Soundwave tour as well. Man, two legendary drummers I was looking forward to seeing and now they both aren't coming. As a fan, very bad news. And also as a fan, it's not much fun to hear the band's dirty laundry aired in public about their finances.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
21.02.2013 - 21:38
Nemo Atkins
Anyone else reminded a little bit of what happened with Queensryche?

Still, at least this isn't a permanent departure...
21.02.2013 - 22:16
Kerry king is an asshole, I Hope araya also leave the band and that douchebag alone
22.02.2013 - 00:17
blacktooth85
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 21.02.2013 at 14:41

Thats bullshit. Slayer is going to crap, Jeff is about to die and now this. RIP Slayer.

Take it easy. Jeff is fine now. He's probably keeping a low key because he's sick of Kerry's bullshit too.
22.02.2013 - 01:37
gav1230
Written by Alakazam on 21.02.2013 at 16:23

This issue isn't actually far off from what Black Sabbath and Bill Ward have had in conjunction to each other. Its best to know both sides before I get sympathy, although I doubt that anything can topple Dave's statement. There's some shocking things in there it seems....

It seems to be a pretty different situation from what I know. Bill ward wasn't kicked off, he left on his own and according to Black Sabbath's official statement he can come back whenever he wants.
22.02.2013 - 01:42
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Looks like they cracked open a bottle of Slayer vintage whine.... $money is the real evil here.
22.02.2013 - 02:22
Mattybu
Everything in this news update is the antithesis of what thrash is all about and reeks of bullshit. Even though Slayer is past their prime this is just shenanigans, pretty sad if you ask me.
22.02.2013 - 04:56
bj_waters
Written by SSM on 21.02.2013 at 16:46

Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that
They're giving none away, away, away...!

This is probably the best comment on this thread. Despite the bad news, this made me smile.

Hits total: 10250 | This month: 6