Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Orion Music + More Festival 2013 Line-Up Revealed

Metallica hosted the first Orion Music + More Festival last year and the band will repeat the dose this year at a new location: Detroit, Michigan on June 8th and 9th. The details of the second annual fest have already been revealed.

Festival announcement: "We are thrilled to be back to give you details about the second annual Orion Music + More Festival, our very own two day live music and lifestyle event brought together in the spirit of the legendary festivals around the world that we have been fortunate to be a part of for so many years. We're very proud and excited to be taking this year's festival to Detroit, Michigan, a city with a long history of musical diversity that represents what our goal with Orion is - to bring you everything from metal to dance music and a little of what lives in between. And even though we have a new location, you can expect all the fun and games of last year's Orion to return bigger, badder and crazier with more activities and entertainment for two full days on June 8 and 9, 2013 on the city's Belle Isle.

This year we are super psyched to have the Red Hot Chili Peppers join us to close the main Orion stage one night while we hit that stage the other. All in all we'll have over 30 bands across five stages and we're excited that this year Orion will include an EDM tent headlined by Bassnectar. Check out the full list below of the amazing artists who will be a part of Orion this year, including Rise Against, the Deftones, Dropkick Murphys, Gogol Bordello, Silversun Pickups, Foals, The Joy Formidable, Death Grips, and Tomahawk, just to name a few... and this is just the beginning as we continue to invite a wide range of musicians, DJ's, and bands to make the trek to Detroit.

Of course all our little personal quirks and stuff we're into will be back in the form of James' Custom Car & Motorcycle Show, Kirk's Crypt, Lars' Hit the Lights Film Tent and Robert's Vans Vert Ramp alongside the Metallica Museum and other fan favorite attractions. Again, we've joined forces with our friends at C3 Presents, who bring you Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits each year here in the U.S. as well as presenting Big Day Out to our Australian friends, so if you joined us last year you can expect the same friendly atmosphere and festival amenities.

"I am SO there," you say . . . here's how you can get tickets: The Met Club presale begins tomorrow, Tuesday, February 26 at 7:00 AM PST, ending February 28 at 7:00 PM PST. Clubbers should log in for more details on how to purchase special packages and discounted tickets early. Orion Music + More E-list members may purchase $150 2-Day Passes before they go on-sale to the public. This presale starts February 27 at 7:00 AM PST and runs through February 28 at 7:00 PM PST.

Tickets will go on-sale to the public on March 1 at 7:00 AM PST for $150 for a 2-Day Pass including all fees, or $750 for the VIP ticket package including an elevated viewing platform, access to the front pit, complimentary food and beverages, air-conditioned private restrooms, comfy shaded seating. Visit http://www.orionmusicandmore.com for more details and to purchase tickets. Ticket, hotel and shuttle packages are also available by clicking here. Stay tuned as we'll have lots more good stuff coming your way between now and June 8th!"

Orion Music + More Festival 2013 line-up: Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Deftones, Bassnectar, Dropkick Murphys, Gogol Bordello, Silversun Pickups, Foals, Destroid, Tomahawk, The Bronx, Datsik, Borgore, Dillon Francis, Flag, Adventure Club, The Joy Formidable, Japandroids, 12th Planet, Death Grips, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Dirtyphonics, The Dirtbombs, Death, Fu Manchu, Fidlar, All Shall Perish, The Orwells, Battlecross and Cauldron.

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Event: Orion Music + More
Posted: 26.02.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 122 users
26.02.2013 - 17:48
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, then All Shall Perish, Cauldron, Battlecross.

Wow, what the fuck is going on?!
26.02.2013 - 18:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Madness? This...is...Metallica!!!
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.02.2013 - 18:37
Berserk

Was considering going to this with a few friends, but after seeing this line up...:noidea: I'm out.
----
Fear the Old Blood
26.02.2013 - 20:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Americans biggest fest this is not metal, I dont know why ppl who visit this site shood care asbout it .... OMG metallica is shame and shit nowdays
even they play live old songs , I wish metalheads would ignore this band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.02.2013 - 21:00
Aluminum Alloy

Although clearly not a metal festival, this is pretty impressive as a lollapalooza-lite.
RHCP are always a fun show (and a regular at these types of festivals), Deftones are excellent, the Dropkicks are an old favorite even if their last couple albums haven't been memorable (they're pretty wild live though), Silversun Pickups released probably my favorite "rock album of last year, and Death Grips are THE it band right now.... for a backasswards band like modern Metallica, there's some pretty good music here (although fuck Bassnectar, the inclusion of EDM is a little too trend-hoppy)

and who the hell is Death? a reggae band from the 80's? i was all ready to rage about not honoring one of the greatest bands ever, but it looks like they beat Chuck to it!
----
Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead
26.02.2013 - 22:45
popmik

Is Metallica going to be the 'heaviest' band there? lol
26.02.2013 - 23:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Metallica is heavy as fuck
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.02.2013 - 05:01
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Not a very metal festival, but a good line-up of bands. Would be a good show to go with a group of friends with different tastes.
28.02.2013 - 13:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Aluminum Alloy on 26.02.2013 at 21:00

and who the hell is Death? a reggae band from the 80's?

It's not a reggae band from the 80's but a punk, some would say protopunk, band from the early 70's
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.03.2013 - 07:42
Aluminum Alloy

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.02.2013 at 13:09

Written by Aluminum Alloy on 26.02.2013 at 21:00

and who the hell is Death? a reggae band from the 80's?

It's not a reggae band from the 80's but a punk, some would say protopunk, band from the early 70's

ah you're right, I misread their bio on the Orion page. It looks like they formed a reggae band after Death broke up. I guess that makes a little more sense for this festival (although they hardly seem concerned with genre continuity here)
----
Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead

Hits total: 3235 | This month: 3