Metal Storm logo
Anathema - Upcoming Album's Tracklist Revealed

Guitarist Daniel "Danny" Cavanagh has posted the following update on the official Anathema website, in the diary section:

Sunlight fails but only for a while...
The album is coming along very nicely.

We are well aware that for one reason or another, it has taken a long time for Anathema to get to this place, but now we are ready. The album tracklist is decided. The rehearsals are going very well.
Everything, quite literally, is falling into place.
What i love about this record is the character it seems to have. The songs belong together. There is purpose and focus. And it shines. Brightly.
The message is one of hope. of the absolute certainty that there is a better way. There is always a better way. There is always a solution, a purpose. It only remains for us to be open to it. To bring ourselves back into harmony with a larger system.
That harmony begins by bringing ourselves back into balance within ourselves. All the ancient sages and wise people have said it. Change starts with the individual.
Some of these songs are a little more melancholy, and some of them are euphoric. They all have one thing in common in that they are all very much from the heart, and they are dripping with emotion. This is the greatest record we have ever made. I know it in my heart. All we need do now is find the right engineer/producer and the right studio? And to remain focussed.
To this end, we have decided to hire a house in the country for the first month of next year to 'live' this record before we record. We will play everyday and we will leave no stone unturned in pursuit of brilliance. Of a new way to express these feelings.
I put my faith that the greater mind can bring everything into place for us to make this record. A record that will certainly affect some people. I do not wish to sound pretentious but i know it will change lives. This is what music does. It moves people in a way no other form of art does.
Because our inspiration is of a pure source, and because our intentions are genuinely to reach people and open them up to new ways of feeling and thinking, i have every faith that whatever we need to make this happen will come to us.
The final tracklist is this.

Anathema - Everything

01. Thin Air (Ann Further)
02. Bricks (working title)
03. Lightning Song
04. Sunlight
05. Get Off. Get Out. (working title)
06. Angels Walk Among Us
07. Everything
08. A Simple Mistake
09. Voodoo (working title)
10. No One Is Free (working title)
11. Paradigm Shift
12. Hindsight

There will be another free song online before the release, not from the album, and we are looking into ways to thank all the people who kindly made donations for dowloading the other tracks. This small but not insignifcant amount of money will pay for our rental of a house to complete the writing and other little expenses. thank you all. we will not let you down.

In love and light...

Danny Cavanagh

Source: anathema.ws
Band profile: Anathema
Posted: 09.12.2006 by Anathemani@c

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 15 users
09.12.2006 - 16:36
Dr Ikari
Account deleted
Holy fucking shit! It was about time if you ask me...I've been awaiting for Anathema's come back and now it seems somewhat close. It'll be a beautiful album judging from Danny's words and the two songs that we've been listening: Everything and A Simple Mistake. Let's see what happens!
09.12.2006 - 20:42
Firewalker

finally...after thre years wainting fotr a new Anathema album....I know it would be great cause i have heard two goos songs¡¡¡¡¡¡
09.12.2006 - 22:08
Slyfang

i am dissapointed that danny's song 'One Day' didn't go on the album, because it's one of the best songs i've ever heard
there was also a song called 'Message to the Fear' that would have been so great on the album
10.12.2006 - 04:02
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I hope they shorten Mistake a bit for the album, apart from that it's pretty cool. This news is really good and shows what a great band Anathema is.

Oh yeah, IMO Bricks is a cool title but Paradigm Shift has been done too many times...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
10.12.2006 - 22:55
Daru Jericho

Niiiiice
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

11.12.2006 - 00:30
Bas
Retired Staff
w00t, looking forwards to this a lot, i think Danny might be overdoing it "a little bit" with his praise ( ) but we'll see, maybe it really will be that great
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
11.12.2006 - 21:10
vhaldemar

yeah!!!
12.12.2006 - 11:58
Mr Heartbreaker
Account deleted
if all the tracks are even nearly as wonderful as "Everything," then I am psycked for this album!

A Natural Disaster was seriously a masterpiece... it'd be quite something if they were able to top it!
12.12.2006 - 18:42
dancingdecember

everything is waaaaay too cheasy and boring(both music and lyric and it doesn't have any anathema sound in it)well save your preaches i'm an anathema fan for forever and i'll eat anyone who bashes me but , a simple mistake is good and i hope album will be more like it than "everything" at least.
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
13.12.2006 - 12:46
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
I'm really curious about their new album! I really want to hear the whole thing.
13.12.2006 - 17:50
Slyfang

Written by Syk on 10.12.2006 at 04:02

I hope they shorten Mistake a bit for the album, apart from that it's pretty cool. This news is really good and shows what a great band Anathema is.

Oh yeah, IMO Bricks is a cool title but Paradigm Shift has been done too many times...

Paradigm Shift was done by Anaal Nathrakh =P
24.12.2006 - 07:00
EndOfAllHopes

Hi,

In this site you can download their 2 new songs
"No one is free" and "One day" (performed by Danny alone).
You can also find there some other cool songs (Including a COLDPLAY cover :X)

Personally I really liked No one is free!!

Enjoy.

Link: http://anathema.uw.hu/download/download_file.htm

Hits total: 5997 | This month: 2