Metal Storm logo
Pantera - Bassist Rex Brown's Memoir Out This Month

Former Pantera bassist Rex Brown (currently in Kill Devil Hill) will publish his upcoming memoir Official Truth, 101 Proof: The Inside Story Of Pantera on March 12th via Da Capo Press. The 320-page book is an insight into Pantera, one of the most influential and popular bands in heavy metal history. Below you can watch the promotional trailer recently released for the book.

According to Brown: "This is what went down, from my point of view. If you read it, everything should be clear, at least from where I was sittin'! I've simply tried to shed some perspective and insight onto my life so far, and the many beautiful people that have surrounded it. With all the trials and tribulations, sacrifices and tragedy, I'm very grateful for even having a chance to put a smile on the fan's faces. That's what it all boils down to after all."

Description of the book: "Few heavy metal acts survived the turmoil of the early 1990s music scene. Pantera was different. Instead of humoring the market, the band instead demanded that the audience come to them by releasing a series of fiercely uncompromising, platinum albums, including Vulgar Display Of Power and Far Beyond Driven ? two #1 albums that, like Metallica's And Justice For All, sold millions of copies despite minimal airplay. Rex Brown's memoir is the definitive account of life inside one of rock's biggest bands, which succeeded against all odds but ultimately ended in tragedy when iconic lead guitarist Darrell 'Dimebag' Abbott was murdered mid-performance by a deranged fan. This is a lucid account of the previously untold story behind one of the most influential bands in heavy metal history, written by the man best qualified to tell the truth about those incredible and often difficult years of fame and excess."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pantera
Posted: 02.03.2013 by Góral

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 63 users
02.03.2013 - 23:28
Mattybu

I wonder why it references "...And Justice for All selling millions of copies despite minimal airplay" when talking about the 90's metal scene in the description. As though they are trying to make it seem like Metallica was going against the grain.
03.03.2013 - 01:58
Bizzaremifo

Interesting
04.03.2013 - 14:31
Cristi

Money have always a way! He he he!
04.03.2013 - 17:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Mattybu on 02.03.2013 at 23:28

I wonder why it references "...And Justice for All selling millions of copies despite minimal airplay" when talking about the 90's metal scene in the description. As though they are trying to make it seem like Metallica was going against the grain.

they were at the time. They went more against the grain than bands such as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden and got zero to no airplay.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.03.2013 - 03:58
Mattybu

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.03.2013 at 17:51

Written by Mattybu on 02.03.2013 at 23:28

they were at the time. They went more against the grain than bands such as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden and got zero to no airplay.

It was talking about the 90's in the description though and AJFA came before that... by the 90's Metallica was in black album territory... o.O
06.03.2013 - 03:53
afu

I pre-ordered this the other day. Love me some Pantera.

Hits total: 3120 | This month: 2