Metal Storm logo
Gama Bomb - New Album Details Revealed

Irish thrashers Gama Bomb have revealed some new details about their upcoming album The Terror Tapes, which will be be out on April 19th in Europe and May 7th the US via AFM Records. The cover artwork, which can be seen below, was illustrated by veteran movie poster artist Graham Humphreys. Check out also the complete tracklist of the album, consisting of 12 brand new tracks.

"We grew up in terror of VHS covers painted by Graham, but we never knew his name," says the band's vocalist Philly Byrne. "We found him, had the audacity to chat to him, and now it's a dream come true to work together and to see the astounding work he's done for us.

"The cover shows a man being consumed by a giant, living tape machine. It's got the feeling of a grubby old 1980's video sleeve, I think. It ties in perfectly with our obsession with old technology and mad horror imagery. It's the best album cover we've ever had. Everyone else's album art sucks because of this."

Regarding the musical direction of The Terror Tapes, Byrne, says: "I think this album's really going to shock people. We're not afraid to write brash, outrageous songs that will make people stand up and shout. There are some straight-up classics on this album and we can't wait for everyone to hear it."

He adds: "It's been a long road to bring The Terror Tapes to life. I had throat surgery, Domo (Dixon, guitars) had a tendon injury, we changed our line-up, we recorded without a label, did it all the hard way. We worked hard and got through and made a great album which we're proud to be releasing with such great guys as AFM, who really believe in what we're doing. We've spent long enough in the shadows. Now we are ready to re-emerge."

The Terror Tapes tracklist:

01. The Wrong Stuff
02. Legend Of Speed
03. Backwards Bible
04. Beverly Hills Robocop
05. Smoke The Blow With Willem Dafoe
06. We Started The Fire
07. Terrorscope
08. The Cannibals Are In The Streets - All Flesh Must Be Eaten
09. Shitting Yourself To Live
10. Matrioshka Brain
11. Metal Idiot
12. Wrecking Ball

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Gama Bomb
Posted: 04.03.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 65 users
04.03.2013 - 18:35
DaMaGeR
CFH
Great artwork. I can't wait for the new album, imo Gama Bomb is a great thrash metal band!
04.03.2013 - 19:38
Lit.
Account deleted
I like that cover actually. Hope this turns out to be something in the quality of Lich King's latest effort.
05.03.2013 - 05:45
bloodface

This band sucks......steel panther should be taken more seriously. these guys are complete derivative comic garbage.....they are a novelty band that is void of individual thought.

if you look through my posts you will see that i am generally supportive, but this shit band makes my skin crawl. there is a reason why they were without a label.
05.03.2013 - 15:21
Kingface

Written by bloodface on 05.03.2013 at 05:45

This band sucks......steel panther should be taken more seriously. these guys are complete derivative comic garbage.....they are a novelty band that is void of individual thought.

if you look through my posts you will see that i am generally supportive, but this shit band makes my skin crawl. there is a reason why they were without a label.

Funnily enough, just about everything you've just said to describe Gama Bomb is how I would describe Steel Panther instead.

Unlike Steel Panther, Gama Bomb's humour is actually good, their references to films, games etc is great fun and the guys themselves, who I've spoken to on a couple of occasions before and after gigs, are really great guys.

Steel Panther's humour is god-awful to me, their humour is like every generic shit american teen comedy rolled into a selection of songs. Also, one or more of the members are known for making dick moves in terms of their behaviour on more than one occasion.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the new Gama Bomb album.
05.03.2013 - 19:04
LICH

Written by Kingface on 05.03.2013 at 15:21

Funnily enough, just about everything you've just said to describe Gama Bomb is how I would describe Steel Panther instead.

Unlike Steel Panther, Gama Bomb's humour is actually good, their references to films, games etc is great fun and the guys themselves, who I've spoken to on a couple of occasions before and after gigs, are really great guys.

Steel Panther's humour is god-awful to me, their humour is like every generic shit american teen comedy rolled into a selection of songs. Also, one or more of the members are known for making dick moves in terms of their behaviour on more than one occasion.

yea dude , my friends cousin is the guitarist and ive chilled with him a couple of times , hes the funniest fucker around and one of the nicest guys ive met in terms of his sense of humour , he also gave me a few guitar lessons and told me my voice sounded lethal when i showed him my demo tapes steel panther on the other hand 100% bullshit everything they do, its too comical and overgeneric to be true.
06.03.2013 - 08:21
bloodface

Written by LICH on 05.03.2013 at 19:04

yea dude , my friends cousin is the guitarist and ive chilled with him a couple of times , hes the funniest fucker around and one of the nicest guys ive met in terms of his sense of humour , he also gave me a few guitar lessons and told me my voice sounded lethal when i showed him my demo tapes steel panther on the other hand 100% bullshit everything they do, its too comical and overgeneric to be true.

so you think gamma bombs sense of humor trumps steel panthers? ok. you win.....if for nothing else than justifying that those two novelty acts should be grouped together. i am sure those crazee thrash rippas in gamma bomb will feel accomplished knowing that they are the better novelty act. tell your good friend (the guitarist) that they are funnier than steel panther i am sure that is what they were going after when they started the band.
06.03.2013 - 15:18
Kingface

Written by bloodface on 06.03.2013 at 08:21

Written by LICH on 05.03.2013 at 19:04

so you think gamma bombs sense of humor trumps steel panthers? ok. you win.....if for nothing else than justifying that those two novelty acts should be grouped together. i am sure those crazee thrash rippas in gamma bomb will feel accomplished knowing that they are the better novelty act. tell your good friend (the guitarist) that they are funnier than steel panther i am sure that is what they were going after when they started the band.

Use of humour does not equal novelty act, also you could just accept that different people have different opinions but whatever.
06.03.2013 - 16:43
bloodface

Quote:
Use of humour does not equal novelty act, also you could just accept that different people have different opinions but whatever.

municipal waste uses humor well and are not a novelty act.
07.03.2013 - 00:10
Kingface

Quote:
Written by bloodface on 06.03.2013 at 16:43

municipal waste uses humor well and are not a novelty act.

On that we can definitely agree on.
07.03.2013 - 02:53
bloodface

Quote:
On that we can definitely agree on.

Nice that bloodface and kingface could come to common ground. take it easy.

Hits total: 3051 | This month: 5