Metal Storm logo
Ad Hominem (French black metal)

Original post

Posted by Empty Spaces, 10.12.2006 - 00:53
I just discovered this band a few days ago. Ad Hominem is black metal from France. I've only heard the album "Climax Of Hatred" wich I liked. Can anyone recomend other albums from them?
12.04.2007 - 20:43
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 12.04.2007 at 19:52

orly? check out Dead Reptile Shrine then ... the music is literary suicidal

if anyone is interested in some good industral bm should check out The Axis of Perdition, Blacklodge and 3 .

Will check thoose bands out. But about DRS are you implying that I should check them out or avoid them? Judging by the name it sounds rather silly
13.04.2007 - 00:28
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 12.04.2007 at 20:43

Will check thoose bands out. But about DRS are you implying that I should check them out or avoid them? Judging by the name it sounds rather silly

it's a chalenge basicly. i'm curious if you can learn to love or like these guys, as they're the worst band i've ever heard. jsut look at their 'band pic' in ma
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.04.2007 - 09:29
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 13.04.2007 at 00:28

it's a chalenge basicly. i'm curious if you can learn to love or like these guys, as they're the worst band i've ever heard. jsut look at their 'band pic' in ma

what a horrible picture. I will check them out, now lets get back on topic for Ad Hominem
13.04.2007 - 22:18
UnholyMenace
Psycho
I used to like Ad Hominem a lot - especially their A New Race for a New World album. I guess when I first heard them I was pretty new in black metal music or in the more "underground" bm. But now the band has basically disappeared form my play-list. I really liked the song The Dithyramb of Sadism - somewhat catchy and aggressive in my opinion.
22.02.2008 - 18:19
NOИ

good music but I disagree with some of the opinions of Kaizer. he is a pseudo-paganist, nazi and fascist!
16.09.2008 - 18:44
Lightfoot
Account deleted
Ad Hominem is one of the best french BM band. Hateful black metal with pretty simple melodies, really great. Especially the album Planet ZOG - The End that is probably, I think, the best AH album. ...For a new world contains is somehow repetitive. Climax of Hatred is really better but too "traditional brutal black" for me. Planet ZOG was more spontaneous, and its riffs were better.

AH rules
16.09.2008 - 22:58
SK921
Account deleted
Ad Hominem is NSBM I think. Even though they say they're not, you can tell they are through their lyrics. Lol its a bit ironic that they're a french NSBM band.
16.09.2008 - 23:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 16.09.2008 at 22:58

Ad Hominem is NSBM I think. Even though they say they're not, you can tell they are through their lyrics. Lol its a bit ironic that they're a french NSBM band.

What's so ironic about a French NSBM band? I really don't see the irony in it. Whereas if an Israeli band had played NSBM I would see the irony in that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.09.2008 - 23:03
Sunioj

Great band. Climax of Hatred is a blistering album.
16.09.2008 - 23:06
SK921
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.09.2008 at 23:02

What's so ironic about a French NSBM band? I really don't see the irony in it. Whereas if an Israeli band had played NSBM I would see the irony in that.

Minor irony, French nazis pretty much. But I agree that an Israeli NSBM band is about as ironic as it gets.
16.09.2008 - 23:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 16.09.2008 at 23:06

Minor irony, French nazis pretty much. But I agree that an Israeli NSBM band is about as ironic as it gets.

well look up Vichy regime and you'll uderstand why I don't see any irony in French nazis.

EDIT: to make it easy for you clikc on the following link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_regime
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.09.2008 - 23:12
SK921
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.09.2008 at 23:08

Written by Guest on 16.09.2008 at 23:06

well look up Vichy regime and you'll uderstand why I don't see any irony in French nazis.

EDIT: to make it easy for you clikc on the following link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_regime

Read the first paragraph and I see your point. But I still kinda find it ironic since you know... Germany invaded France.
16.09.2008 - 23:57
Damnated
Churchburner
it's not ironic at all. slavic nsbm is ironic.

as for ad hominem, i enjoy them more than in the past, but i still listen to them in small doses. their Theory 0 is quite average though.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.09.2013 - 19:55
Beelzeth

I should think...one doesn't have to agree with the politics to appreciate a good recording.
----
7.cailleach@gmail.com
20.09.2013 - 22:57
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
I prefer the newer stuff compared to the nsbm from early albums.

Not that I have anything agaisnt nsbm, but "Dictator- a monument of glory" and "Climax of hatred" are a lot more interesting to me.
23.09.2013 - 19:20
Sunioj

Written by Guest on 20.09.2013 at 22:57

I prefer the newer stuff compared to the nsbm from early albums.

Not that I have anything agaisnt nsbm, but "Dictator- a monument of glory" and "Climax of hatred" are a lot more interesting to me.

I really enjoyed "Dictator...", their older stuff wasn't that special to be honest. The simple, yet extremely aggressive tone of the music appeals to me.