Metal Storm logo
Antropomorphia - New Album To Be Banned In Germany?

Antropomorphia's newest album Evangelivm Nekromantia might get banned in Germany? ... What? ... In this day and age we really still entertain such restrictions of art?

Apparently, and the band has reacted to a letter their label Metal Blade Records received from the German BPJM (Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons) that included an indexing request for their album.

The letter claims the cover artwork of the album as well as the song "Fleisch" illustrate and address killings and violence in an autotelic way. Furthermore they don't seem to be too happy about the album title. A news story in German can be found HERE.

The band had the following comments:

"We've made certain people nervous and uncomfortable with our music and lyrical content. In order to 'protect' the children, it's quite possible Evangelivm Nekromantia will be banned and removed from German stores. Through their ridiculous and hypocrite way of thinking they are not letting people use their own intelligence or freedom of choice, this in an era where you turn on the news and see the world's vile and repulsive excrement's in full HD. These people are nothing more than a bunch of pitiful sheep! They might think this ban will be castigation but it will only strengthen us in our opposition towards these sad shallow people that crowd the world with their insignificant lives. To us, it's the perfect representation of people without perception other than a retarded opinion about an artistic expression."

Evangelivm Nekromantia Album Cover

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Antropomorphia
Posted: 05.03.2013 by D.T. Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 99 users
05.03.2013 - 05:44
Promonex
Cathemeral
Index in Germany means the album is x-rated. You can still purchase it legally, it's just not to be displayed openly in a store. Which wouldn't be much of a loss as that cover looks horrible.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
05.03.2013 - 07:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
They can go and buy it in Holand, Denmark, Ostereich and other naibourt contries ----- o yes and we live in 21th century
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.03.2013 - 09:36
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I wonder what those people would have to say about their album 'Pure' then.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
05.03.2013 - 10:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It is one ugly cover. Is that one sucking the boob? Either way, it reminds me of the problems Cannibal Corpse had with some of their covers. It shouldn't happen.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.03.2013 - 14:06
Promonex
Cathemeral
Btw, it's a pity that most of you don't understand German. The letter is hilarious!

"This CD has no other purpose than glorifying necromancy and necrophilia (sexual intercourse with dead people)."

Yep, no other purpose.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
05.03.2013 - 14:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BloodTears on 05.03.2013 at 10:51

Is that one sucking the boob?

Nope that is a corpse being cradled between the boobs of the necromantic woman.
But I can see why think it's sucking it, because the picture is so small here. If you see the cd or LP of it it is much clearer.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.03.2013 - 14:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Dark Blood on 05.03.2013 at 09:36

I wonder what those people would have to say about their album 'Pure' then.

Or about the e.p. Nekromantic Lovesongs.

Btw, only in Germany such a thing is possible when it comes to Western European countries.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.03.2013 - 21:23
gid

Ways to get famous, number 852835:

Release an album with terrible album artwork featuring nudity, corpses, and vague religious blasphemy. Wait for Germany to ban it. Profit.
05.03.2013 - 21:56
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hilarious that this would get banned. even more hilarious that there's a department solely dedicated to making sure young people aren't "harmed". fucking Germany.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
05.03.2013 - 23:53
gid

Written by LeChron James on 05.03.2013 at 21:56

Hilarious that this would get banned. even more hilarious that there's a department solely dedicated to making sure young people aren't "harmed". fucking Germany.

Yeah. I mean, no other western countries have tried to do that, right?
06.03.2013 - 00:57
Until the End

Pretty good death metal though.
06.03.2013 - 01:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Well, maybe Ze Germans will learn what gid's PMRC did... the stupid warning sticker just catapulted album sales.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.03.2013 - 09:30
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Quote:
The steps of congress, and piss on the lawns of the White House, to burn the casket and replace
It with a parental advisory sticker, to spit liquor in the faces of in this democracy of
Hypocrisy, fuck you Ms. Cheney, fuck you Tipper Gore,fuck you with the freest of speech this
Divided states of embarrassment will allow me to have,

Even 'Em had some problems.
06.03.2013 - 09:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by gid on 05.03.2013 at 23:53

Yeah. I mean, no other western countries have tried to do that, right?

The PMRC never had any power outside of getting that stupid "parental advisory" sticker put on metal and rap albums. They also weren't a government entity like the one Germany has. But yeah, close enough I guess.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 3444 | This month: 5