Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God - Randy Blythe Found Not Guilty Of Manslaughter

After being arrested, freed and then facing trial, Lamb Of God's frontman Randy Blythe has been found not guilty of manslaughter charges today in Prague, Czech Republic, as Novinky.cz reports.

Randy just posted this message on his Instagram account: "I have been found not guilty & acquitted of all charges against me. I am a free man. This photo was taken by my friend @aceyslade- it says it all. Please remember the family of Daniel Nosek in your thoughts & prayers in this difficult time. I only wish for them peace. Thank you for your support. Randy."

The prosecution had accused Blythe of causing the death of the 19-year old fan, Daniel Nosek, by pushing him off the stage at a 2010 concert. Blythe faced up to ten years in prison and now the court, a three-judge panel, delivered the verdict which acquitted him.

Blythe is not required to pay any compensation to the victim's family. The State Attorney immediately announced his intention to appeal the verdict and he has 8 days to put this in writing.

[Also thanks to SSM for sending in this news!]

Source: wtvr.com
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 05.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 41   Visited by: 330 users
06.03.2013 - 06:21
DragonSavior X10

He's not a prisoner, he is a free man!

Not much of a LoG fan, but I'm glad to hear this news. I still feel bad for the family of the victim though.
06.03.2013 - 07:19
Opethian

Yaay now he can return to his mediocre band and continue to play shit
06.03.2013 - 12:49
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Bad English on 06.03.2013 at 01:42

Does in Cz exist doble jeopardy like it has in USA?

this aint double jeopardy...the case still havent been legally closed - the court made a decision, but if prosecution or defense (or both) doesn't like the decision, they may appeal and higher level court judges the case - they may either confirm the verdict, return the case back to lower court and order the trial to start again from scratch, or even change the decision if they found severe mistakes in line of reasoning or some procedural mistakes...then you cant normally appeal against this decision (although there are some special ways to defend), so this is finally where the trial ends and where we can say "Randy is not guilty and free"...it will take couple of months though
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.03.2013 - 14:45
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Do you really think he is going to travel back there for the prosecution's appeal? The only ones getting any money out of this prolonged straw-grasping are the lawyers.
06.03.2013 - 14:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 06.03.2013 at 12:49

Written by Bad English on 06.03.2013 at 01:42

Does in Cz exist doble jeopardy like it has in USA?

this aint double jeopardy...the case still havent been legally closed - the court made a decision, but if prosecution or defense (or both) doesn't like the decision, they may appeal and higher level court judges the case - they may either confirm the verdict, return the case back to lower court and order the trial to start again from scratch, or even change the decision if they found severe mistakes in line of reasoning or some procedural mistakes...then you cant normally appeal against this decision (although there are some special ways to defend), so this is finally where the trial ends and where we can say "Randy is not guilty and free"...it will take couple of months though

I see.
Higher court will probobly say innocent to
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.03.2013 - 15:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Introspekrieg on 06.03.2013 at 14:45

Do you really think he is going to travel back there for the prosecution's appeal? The only ones getting any money out of this prolonged straw-grasping are the lawyers.

i dont think it will be necessary for Randy to be physically present, but its mainly up to him i guess...also dont forget that the attorney is here to get suspect in jail (same as defense is here to get anyone out no matter what), so no wonder he appealed...but i think the lawyer of the family didnt, so it is probable the higher court will just confirm the verdict...but we have to wait still
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.03.2013 - 16:58
Jtbmetal123

Im glad hes coming back and Lamb Of God can start jamming again!
07.03.2013 - 04:52
SublimeDragon

Awesome news!

Anybody notice the angry girl in the middle of the picture, lol?
11.03.2013 - 17:38
BlackHalo83

I am still happy he is free!!
21.04.2013 - 01:43
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Written by Opethian on 06.03.2013 at 07:19

Yaay now he can return to his mediocre band and continue to play shit

Why do you feel the need to say that. A man died and an innocent man nearly went to prison. Metal geads are our family. It doesn't matter where they are from ir what band they are in. Wheres your compassion man?
21.04.2013 - 01:44
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Metal heads*

Hits total: 5023 | This month: 4