Metal Storm logo
Nanowar Of Steel interview (03/2006)

With: Gatto Panceri666 [Bass]
Conducted by: Undercraft
Published: 04.03.2006

Band profile:

Nanowar Of Steel

01. Hail! Oh mighty warriors from the faraway magical lands! speak now! what's the purpose of your existence in this vast realm?

Dragons of steel hit the magic land of Iron and Metal. The king of the dark forest of the steel of iron is enshrouded by the darkness of the Black Lord. Only the brave true might warriors NanowaR can win the dark Force of Death, for the Glory of Haalgalard in the ancient mountains of Asrubaplaz where the holy realm of Pratazoups lies within.

02. When I think of the Nanowar I think of Nano + War, I picture a very tiny, mini, small war, but when I think of Manowar I think of the loudest band on earth hell yeaaaaaaaaaaah!
Is there's a difference between you guys? Are you affiliated with Manowar?

Of course we are different, Nanowar have some Manowar t-shirts and cds at home while Manowar do not have Nanowar t-shirts and cds at home.

03. I gotta be honest with you guys, I'm not part of any webzine, as a matter of fact, Metal Storm doesn't exists, I'm the lawyer of Manowar and we're going to sue your sorry asses! You're going to pay for mocking the GREATEST BAND OF METAL IN THE WORLD! WOAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAHH!!

Hey ! Wait a minute: actually, ManowaR is mocking our lyrics and our attitude, we just can't stand it anymore ! We'll meet in the Holy True Metal Tribunal Of Steel, and we'll see who's got the right (and may the power of Helloween be with us !)

04. Your hit single, "The Power Of The Power Of The Power (Of The Great Sword)" is the most complex, intricate and technical song I've heard in my entire life, how did you came across with this fascinating concept? And to enlighten our readers, I'm going to cite the entire lyrics here:

"Power, of the power,
Of the power,
Of the power,
Of the power,
Of the power ,
Of the Great Sword!"

I must say? WOW. Any words on this masterpiece?

Yes.

05. Have you met Luca Turilli? I bet he's really scary

I took a picture with him 6-7 years ago, when Rhapsody was touring Italy with Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica and met him out of the hall they were going to play that night. I would define him a "macho-man".

06. You've been nominated as "Best Demo Of 2005 " in the Metal Storm Awards, how does it feels to be nominated in what is been called "The Grammys Of Heavy Metal", and what are you're going to do if you win? An award given by the greatest Metal Webzine in the history of the universe gotta be worth something right?

Well, this interview will be probably published after the Metal Grammy Storm Demo Awards Top Of The Best 2005 will be over... anyway, we tried to corrupt as many people as possible and hack the voting system to win this competition, George Bush told us a couple of useful tricks about doing all this stuff.

07. Are you planning to do a concept album later on? Something with more dragons, mighty warriors, magical lands, powerful artifacts, greedy wizards, evil overlords, blond princesses, and powerful spells than any record has ever done?

No way ! Or maybe we'll do such a thing. Well, I must say that we have actually planned what our next album will be all about, we've written some music and lyrics.... I'd really like to reveal you something about it since I find it fucking amusing... but it's a surprise !

08. We asked some of our visitors to prepare some questions for you guys, we picked the best because it was impossible to pick them all, so here we go:

Kelly from Wisconsin

"Hello, This is for Gatto Panceri 666, could you tell me the size of your sword?"

Hello Kelly from Wisconsin (nice name). I'm afraid I don't use any sword since my mum has forbidden me to have one. I just have an old 230 inch Inox-Steel Panasonic Power Axe.

Alberto from Ecuador

"Hi, I would like to know if you use warrior outfits on your shows, like Manowar."

Hail & Kill, Alberto From Ecuador (funny name). No we're not dressed like Manowar on stage, we're all dressed up like Walt Diseny's characters: Potowotominimak is a pirate from "Peter Pan", Baffo is "Snow White", Abdul is "Alladin", Uinonaraider is "Wart " from "The Sword In The Stone" and I am Cinzia the Transexual (it's an upcoming Disney movie).

Jukka from Finland

"hey there, I was wondering if you received any threat/hate mail from Manowar fans or any other people upset at your music"

Hello Jukka from Finland (curious name). We received loads of hate mails from Manowar fans, McDonald employees, Neapolitans and potato eaters.

Stacy from California

"Hi! Big fan over here, I have a doubt, I know there's meaningful lyrics behind every Nanowar song, so I would like to know if the song "Tricycles Of Steel" deals with the lack of a reusable source of combustible affecting third world countries, please let me know!

No Tricycles Of Steel deals with the greater trueness that a Tricycle has within itself, which is so much more truer than any motorcycle.

Luciano from Naples

"Hey there, I was thinking if you would like to join my party for a healthy game of Dungeons & Dragons, we need wizards and fighters, we play Saturday nights, let me know!"

We don't play D & D anymore, we play Bagonda (it's an incredible card game we invented, it's really amusing)

11. Time for a serious question. How serious is Nanowar? You're just having a good time, or you're planning to take the project over the next level?

Oh my God, I don't really know ! Well, personally I have many interests and aims outside of music I'd rather pursue, I do this just for the fun.... But I'd be obviously be really glad to do something "bigger"...
I guess we'll go on and do everything we did until now, I mean play live and write demented stuff, we enjoy these things soooooooo much !

10. Well, that wraps things for us, any last words to all the peasants in town?
Farewell kings!

Any last word... well, for once in my life I'll write some serious last words here! I want to thank Metal Storm webzine for the support that has given us since our first demo cd "Triumph Of True Metal Of Steel" ! You guys kick ass. Everyone else: grab our stuff from our site, from eMule, from Kazaa or buy it if you have some $ to waste, and let us have some feedback ! Enjoy the True Metal Of Steel !

Comments

Comments: 21   Visited by: 72 users
19.05.2006 - 19:52
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Very weird band. But amusing.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.05.2006 - 17:49
danzig111
Account deleted
Village People.
17.06.2006 - 03:59
Sunioj

These guys seem to have a sense of humor, I never took nanowar as a band to listen to, but now I think I want to check it out.
24.06.2006 - 00:21
Stone

Probably the heaviest band in the world
----
-- There is no hope, why don't you ?.. --
31.10.2006 - 05:50
iaberis
Advice Troll
It reminds me of some bands of Greece (Anorimoi, N-Carkade, To Plokami Tou Karxaria) that play this kind of satyric music...
----
Bitch! Please
31.10.2006 - 20:26
TheWarlord
Account deleted
What a posers, instead of making music just laughing with others bands, thats weak ...
30.03.2007 - 21:30
GT
Coffee!!
This interview must have been so much fun doing...
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.03.2007 - 22:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
are the guys listed as the question-askers really from metalstorm? if yes, i'd like to know who they are
23.04.2007 - 18:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Everyone else: grab our stuff from our site, from eMule, from Kazaa or buy it if you have some $ to waste, and let us have some feedback!

I'd just wish more bands would have this attitude! At least they know they can't stop it, so they don't bother trying.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.04.2007 - 20:37
Basso
Account deleted
Haha, Other Bands Play, Nanowar Gay is the only powermetal album ever worth owning.
05.05.2007 - 05:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Thats probably the funniest interview Ive ever read.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.06.2007 - 09:42
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Funy, funy band. With this interview, they made me laugh a long while.
14.10.2007 - 02:28
Olli

Lol these guys are weird. Funny though
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
14.10.2007 - 08:04
selken
Irreligious
hehe, maybe I should check this band
The best way for showing that you love something is that you can make fun of it!!!
power of the power of the power [100x] of the steel!!!!!!!!
----
28.01.2008 - 22:38
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hehe I want to check this band now that I read this interview, lol.
power of teh power of te power, lol
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.01.2008 - 00:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"Of course we are different, Nanowar have some Manowar t-shirts and cds at home while Manowar do not have Nanowar t-shirts and cds at home."

lol...though i dont like NanowaR too much, i have to say, they are funny
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

31.01.2008 - 01:22
Guisuki
Account deleted
they are funny lol ^^:dstupid:
03.07.2008 - 11:00
worm_is_gloaming

For those who said they're curious to check out Nanowar...

Nanowar are a parody of Manowar as you may have already guessed, but there's nothing half-assed about it: their songs are fun and metal and a rollickin' good time. They're poking fun at the self-conscious seriousness of the metal genre by embracing it themselves, self-consciously.. with hilarious results. What makes this band effective is that they do write quality metal songs, and these metal songs are fuckin' metal! They make it work, and the hilarious concepts and lyrics blend seamlessly into the deceltly crafted songs, and when you hear it all together you wanna rock out as much as you wanna LOL.
These aren't some hipsters who are all "ironic" about "music", these guys really are metal and have a good sense of humor to poke some fun at some classic heavy metal bands we all listened to at one point or another.

Three classic Nanowar tracks to download if you can find 'em: (also, to enhance your appreciation of Nanowar if you're not familiar with Manowar, some explanations are given)

"Tricycles of Steel" (a defiant answer to Manowar's "Return of the Warlords" song)
"Metallalala" (before listening to this song, listen to Manowar's "Warriors of the World" song first!)
"The Number of the Bitch" (if you haven't figured it out, it's Nanowar's unholy offering at the shrine of Maiden, bloody brilliant too!)

So listen, bang your heads and LOL
08.07.2009 - 02:28
Darkside Momo
Retired
Great stuff to have a fun moment live!
Saw them at Hellfest and it was hilarious !
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
10.11.2009 - 20:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
HAHAHAHAHAH i just noticed how the guy holds his bass like 20 cm from his neck hahahahah pretty much like Joey from Manowar hhaha
29.09.2010 - 01:57
fade
Son of Sweden
An oldie but a goodie from Kike.
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/

Hits total: 12301 | This month: 24