Metal Storm logo
Dark Funeral - Announce Shows With Vocalist Emperor Magus Caligula

The Swedes Dark Funeral are celebrating their 20th anniversary in 2013 with a number of festival shows all over Europe. As the band prepares to praise their diabolic past with a very special setlist on some of the summer festivals (expect more details soon), they announced a surprising return for these shows of their classic vocalist: Emperor Magus Caligula. Meanwhile, the band is also looking for a new permanent vocalist.

Emperor Magus Caligula left the band on good terms for personal reasons in 2010 and will take over the mic again for the 2013 festivals. He was Dark Funeral's frontman from 1996 to 2010 from the second album, Vobiscum Satanas (1998) to the last Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus (2009).

Dark Funeral is currently looking for a permanent new vocalist and applications can be sent to vocalist@darkfuneral.se.

According to the band, "after an extensive and exhausting tour through Asia and Australia in late 2012 the band parted ways with temporary vocalist Nachtgarm. Nonetheless, Dark Funeral proceed with the work on their upcoming new album as well as on re-issues of the entire Dark Funeral back catalogue out this year via Century Media Records."

Upcoming shows:

16.03.2013 - Lausanne - Inferno [SUI]
28.03.2013 - Oslo - Inferno [NOR]
23.06.2013 - Clisson - Hellfest [FRA]
28.06.2013 - Dessel - Graspop Metal Meeting [BEL]
27.07.2013 - Lichtenvoorde - De Zwarte Cross [NED]
09.08.2013 - Catton Hall Derby - Bloodstock Open Air [UK]
17.08.2013 - Dinkelsbühl - Summer Breeze [GER]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dark Funeral
Posted: 07.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 120 users
07.03.2013 - 19:43
BudDa

So, the Emperor has got time on his hands. I thought he would be busy working with Witchery on their new album. So, no album this year?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
07.03.2013 - 20:05
a MasT

Saw DF with Nachtgarm last year and it was an incredible show. What happened...
07.03.2013 - 21:06
psykometal
A staff guy...
That's what I want to know? I haven't seen them live but I am a fan of Nachtgarm and his band and he seems like he would be such a good fit as the permanent vocalist, hell I thought he was announced as the new full-time vocalist for DF, don't recall seeing anything stating he was only temporary. Maybe he couldn't handle being in the DF camp and they cut him?

Oh well, won't be surprised in the least if after these "reunion shows" they announce that ole Masse wanted back in and he's back for good.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

07.03.2013 - 21:34
Sulac

I'd rather Nachtgarm work with Negator full-time, honestly. I'm not displeased by this.
08.03.2013 - 00:30
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Ah man, I'll be at Graspop this year headbinging to their show... What an amazing band!
08.03.2013 - 01:51
a MasT

Written by psykometal on 07.03.2013 at 21:06

That's what I want to know? I haven't seen them live but I am a fan of Nachtgarm and his band and he seems like he would be such a good fit as the permanent vocalist, hell I thought he was announced as the new full-time vocalist for DF, don't recall seeing anything stating he was only temporary. Maybe he couldn't handle being in the DF camp and they cut him?

Oh well, won't be surprised in the least if after these "reunion shows" they announce that ole Masse wanted back in and he's back for good.

yes to my dismay :/
09.03.2013 - 08:20
blackwreath13

Like a rash that won't piss off...

Hits total: 4332 | This month: 4