Metal Storm logo
For People Buying A Guitar

11.12.2006 - 03:15
Soliloquy

well, not just a guitar, but a bass, drums, fx, or anything else, i found this REALLY cool site that has a lot of info on tons of different products. it gives out reviews on manufacturers such as Jackson, Agile, Dillion, Gibson, Yamaha you name it. from the most unknown, to the most over rated.

here, this site may come in handy:

http://www.musicgearreview.com/review-database-results.php3
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
11.12.2006 - 06:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Stay away from BC rich unless your getting custom, my friend thought buying a BC rich would be awesome because its what alot of pros use and they look cool, Big mistake, it sounded like crap, the action was aweful and the neck felt like i was playing a 2 by 4. Dont be sucked in by looks. The only reason professionals have BC rich is cus they can afford to customize, factory line BC Richs blow.

also Peavey is really underrated, its a quality intrument, and great for beginners (considering its cheap). My first bass was a peavey Millenium, cost me $250 almost 3 years ago, since then ive gone through an Ibanez and a yamaha yet I keep coming back to my Peavey. So dont be put off by those snobs who say Peavey sucks.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.12.2006 - 19:31
Deathwyrm

Find BC Rich that bad? Wow.

I have two BC Richs. The King signature V is mediocre to use, but the sound is awesome. The Beast platinum I must have lucked out on, because it's almost everything I wanted in a guitar.
12.12.2006 - 20:21
Soliloquy

to each his own i guess. its the same thing with yamahas. you might find em awsome, while others might find em to play worse than horse shit...provided that horse shit can indeed play soemthing
----

-Zakk Wylde
18.12.2006 - 22:58
Necronomicon
Account deleted
im planning to buy this guitar: BC Rich Warlock Platinium Pro 7
its a bc rich but what do you guys think about it is worth the money?
19.12.2006 - 06:47
Soliloquy

for the most part, i have heard BC RICH to be one of the worst companies out there in the guitar industry. they may make some of the best cosmetic guitars(guitars that look really beautiful and/or grotesque, but who says that is bad? we love cannible corpse anyways) but thats about it

i'm not much expirienced with bc's but i tried one of their flying V's and it was really uncomfortable to play. not coz of its, but the neck was too 'sticky' and it prevented me from sliding top to bottom of the fret board.

BUT, on the other hand, i tried a Jackson Flying V and it was all better and easy to play. so my opinion agasint BC RICH might not a valid one. coz i mean, a jackson VS a bc rich. doesnt matter how shitty a modle of jackson is, but still...you get the idea
----

-Zakk Wylde
19.12.2006 - 14:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i want a guitar that almost makes your hand fly across the neck. what do you guys recomend? epiphone les paul? beware though: the guitar in question must not exceed 400 euros!! or maybe epihpone goth? i want to play some kind of heavy/thrash metal, a bit like iced earth+painkillerish judas priest
19.12.2006 - 16:20
Soliloquy

umm...if you are trying to do solos on les paul, its hard to give your fingers some support without using your thumb. i mean, the part where the body meets the neck is usually thicker than on strats, so you literally have to let go of your thumb, and your fingers are just in mid air. can get kinda sloppy. but if you have a les paul, and are used to it, then yeah, sure go for it.

but i would say a Fender Squier Stratocaster. a friend of mine got taht for about 150 canadian dollars. so american, it would be around 180 or so. so that would definetly be lower than 400 euros. on top of that, the squier strats are REALLY light in weight. so playing them while standing, you wont get tired. really solid guitar that sounds great, feels great, great price, and would not break down.

or even peavy guitars. they make really amazing guitars that you can find for really cheap. like you are looking at about 300-400 US dollars. again, that will be cheaper than 400 euros.

hope that helps. good luck
----

-Zakk Wylde
19.12.2006 - 19:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
is the squier strat a good deal if i want versatility? i mean, does it have a shredding-friendly neck? or a epiphone goth les paul?
19.12.2006 - 23:27
Soliloquy

humm...i can sweep, not shred. and i find sweeping on both relatively easy.
----

-Zakk Wylde
20.12.2006 - 15:10
Valentin B
Iconoclast
what guitar do you have?
20.12.2006 - 17:08
Soliloquy

i only have one guitar right now. it doesnt really have a name, coz i made the guitar. used bits and pieces from tons of other guitars. has pieces from:

cort(knobs)
yamaha(pickups)
washburn(toggel)
dillion + Gibson(strings)---yeah, i need new strings!
fender-squire(bridge)
agile(tuners)

my springs i cant remember....i got 2 springs from one company, the other from some other...
and my neck is by some company named 'saga'. i only got that neck coz the head stock doesnt have a name on it, so i just just write whatever name i want on it.

and yeah, ive had that for more than a year and a half(will be 2 in summer of 2007) and i have had no problems. plays great as well.

and the guitar i'm getting this january is a Brighton Sun Set 1. brightons are rare pieces, like Dillion, where majority of the guitarrs are hand made. the one i'm getting, they only made 20 of those world wide. i dont really care much about its rarity(well, i lied) but its floyd rose is what i'm really liking!
----

-Zakk Wylde
20.12.2006 - 23:25
Valentin B
Iconoclast
you lucky,lucky dude...how many thousands of bucks are you spending on it?
21.12.2006 - 00:48
Soliloquy

oh, im actually not spending a fourtune. in total, that guitar would cost me 570 bucks(after tax) and thats canadian. so that would be about 500 US dollars. the original price was for 750 dollars. but i sort of became friends with the manager, and he gave me a deal for 600 bucks(before tax. so about 680 after tax). but then i saw this TINY scratch that is prolly as thick as the width of like a regular paper. so, nothing TOO big. and coz of that scratch, the price got knocked down to 500(before tax)...300 dollars on discount....

but yeah, if you want rare guitars, go with guitars by the name of Dillion. their qualities are amazing. and their necks are beautiful! some of them have soaring eagles on. like take a look at some of the picutres down here\/:

http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/electric/DS/DSR300/dsr300.html
http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/electric/DR/DR500/index.html
http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/electric/DR/DR500/SV/index.html

and then their crystal series. if you are trying to hit someone with it, they wouldnt know what hit em. you can freaken see through the guitars! and the crystal series are their only guitars comming with floyd rose bridges:

http://www.dillionguitars.com/vseries/tunnel.html
----

-Zakk Wylde
21.12.2006 - 12:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
dude, how do those crystal guitars resonate?!
21.12.2006 - 16:03
Soliloquy

i think they would just sound the same as other normal wood guitars. coz in other guitars, its not the wood that affects the sounds
----

-Zakk Wylde