Metal Storm logo
Buying CDs/Vinyl from the Internet

11.12.2006 - 03:57
iaberis
Advice Troll
Lately, I've been buying stuff, like CDs from the Internet since they're much cheaper than a local store.
Plus you can find extremely rare stuff. I usually buy from eBay (as I said in the e-bay topic), but I also want to look for other e-stores on the internet, where I can buy stuff directly from the seller, without others interfering causing price increase.
So, I'd like you to post in this topic, sellers that sell metal/rock CDs and stuff like that in good prices...

I'll begin, suggesting you a store I've found called Infected Vinyl.
As the title implies, the store has mostly vinyls, but there are a few good CDs too.
----
Bitch! Please
11.12.2006 - 04:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I buy almost all my stuff from Djangos.com. If anyone wants to sign up, it would be way cool if you would say that I referred you. Just put my email address into the appropriate field- razorsk8er10@juno.com (old email lol).

It's a very reliable source for new and used cd's, and right now they have free shipping. If they are out of stock on something, just click the 'notify me' button and they will email you whenever it arrive.
11.12.2006 - 10:45
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I use netsoundsmusic.com. http://www.netsoundsmusic.com/

This is basically a collection of small cd shops which have got together on the net.
The shops are based not just in the UK but all over the world.

I have found many rare and hard to get albums there.
Prices are reasonable.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
11.12.2006 - 12:58
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 11.12.2006 at 04:35

I buy almost all my stuff from Djangos.com. If anyone wants to sign up, it would be way cool if you would say that I referred you. Just put my email address into the appropriate field- razorsk8er10@juno.com (old email lol).

It's a very reliable source for new and used cd's, and right now they have free shipping. If they are out of stock on something, just click the 'notify me' button and they will email you whenever it arrive.

Man, everything I look for on that site seems to either be out of stock or just not there at all. Seems I only have to option to click "Notify Me" no matter what I look for.
11.12.2006 - 14:56
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
-google the album you want

-contact the band directly

-look for cheap copies on ebay (either 2nd hand or in ebay shops which often are suprisingly cheap)

-try well-known, non-overpriced distros (todestrieb is probably the distro i use most)
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
11.12.2006 - 22:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Stigmatized on 11.12.2006 at 12:58

Written by Dangerboner on 11.12.2006 at 04:35

Man, everything I look for on that site seems to either be out of stock or just not there at all. Seems I only have to option to click "Notify Me" no matter what I look for.

hmm, I usually don't have too much of a problem. A while ago, I chose like 300 cd's for them to notify me, and every day now I get an email from them telling me some of them are in stock. I've noticed that they only keep one or two copies in stock because every time I buy a cd, it goes out of stock after they send the copy I buy.
11.12.2006 - 22:53
Lupas
Maximus
Well ebay become one of my top cd purchase . I can't find any cheap cd to buy from. New stuff for just 10euros. Just incredible low prize. Same cd here in local stores, i ever found, will be twice as much. Also 10euros will include shipment from Canada
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
12.12.2006 - 13:25
miss_d

i buy all stuff from
www.amazon.de
www.ccprecords.com
www.recordshopx.com
www.napalmrecords.com

i used to buy from www.no-sign-of-life.com
but this one is focused on black metal and i've never really been into that

i have never had any troubles whatsoever with the mentioned ones.
22.12.2006 - 02:18
Kurzag
Account deleted
So far I have been using www.cdon.com. You find a lot of well known and not so well known bands. But If you are looking after bands that are totally underground, you have to look on other sites on the net.
15.01.2007 - 06:49
Stigmatized
If you're in need of brutal stuff, try Comatose Music. If you buy 3 CD's, you get a 4th one free.

http://www.comatosemusic.com/index2.html
16.01.2007 - 18:36
Kaamos
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.12.2006 at 02:18

So far I have been using www.cdon.com. You find a lot of well known and not so well known bands. But If you are looking after bands that are totally underground, you have to look on other sites on the net.

I use them too. Loads of cheap (= ~10?) cd's and good postage rates (~3? per package). Delivery ain't that reliable: although I've always gotten my orders, they sometimes come with heavy delays, and in some occasions in multiple postages (naturally without additional fees). And yeah, they don't have ug stuff.
12.02.2007 - 15:26
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
How do we buy CDs from the internet ?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
01.03.2007 - 20:37
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Paganblood on 12.02.2007 at 15:26

Go to one of those sites and place your order. Most usually accept Paypal, Credit Card, Bank transfer etc.
Have a look on each of them to see more details...
----
Bitch! Please
02.03.2007 - 08:25
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by iaberis on 01.03.2007 at 20:37

Go to one of those sites and place your order. Most usually accept Paypal, Credit Card, Bank transfer etc.

credit card, bank transsfer and all that........seems that I can't buy from the internet then.
----
02.03.2007 - 11:22
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Paganblood on 02.03.2007 at 08:25

Written by iaberis on 01.03.2007 at 20:37

credit card, bank transsfer and all that........seems that I can't buy from the internet then.

And it is a problem for you than. Without these , you can't buy nothing
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
03.03.2007 - 07:37
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
So, I'll have to buy them from the shops directly.
----
03.03.2007 - 14:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Paganblood on 03.03.2007 at 07:37

Well, you can always try. There are internet shops who accept money in letters, send through the mail. Risky for you, that's right, but in some cases worth the risk. You should always try to get contact with one of the people who own the shop, be kind, and I have found out a lot is possible if you do that.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.03.2007 - 14:54
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Lucas on 03.03.2007 at 14:02

Written by Paganblood on 03.03.2007 at 07:37

Well, you can always try. There are internet shops who accept money in letters, send through the mail. Risky for you, that's right, but in some cases worth the risk. You should always try to get contact with one of the people who own the shop, be kind, and I have found out a lot is possible if you do that.

But I should forget the idea of buying from the internet because I'll have to pay in dollars/euro/pounds etc. and I'll become a begger then!
1$= 72 Nepali rupees, and imagine haow much I should pay if I have to buy an album costing 10$ !
here the music is pretty cheap. I bought all ACDC, metallica, pantera and megadeth albums each for RS 30, i.e. I had to pay only rs 120 for everything, its this cheap!
----
03.03.2007 - 23:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Hmm, yeah, you are right there. Then there is no other option then searching for shops I guess.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.03.2007 - 02:00
BloodTears
ANA-thema
If u know the good shops u can save a lot of money. i use a portuguese site that has very low prices mostly in dvds which is good. There are some rare cds that are cheap too not mentioning that the cds from the 80's and 90's that are sold at very low price but i guess thats normal.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.06.2008 - 16:46
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well I usually buy my CDs in Amazon. i find everything I need there. Maybe because I'm not into such underground bands. But I have found what I wanted there. I've heard in eBay is cheaper though.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
13.06.2008 - 01:26
Gordon Freeman

I highly recomend http://www.aquariusrecords.org/ for if your looking for rare or hard to get albums.

I tried to place an order for Doomsword's "Resound the Horn" a year or so ago (which by the way is nigh impossible to find in the U.S. or thru any big name retailer like Amazon.com) but they were out of stock. However, I received an email (from an actual person, not an automated message) asking if I would like to be notified when they recieved the album. I said yes and when they got it back in stock they informed me and asked me if I still wanted it before even placing it on their site for purchase.

Pretty kick ass service. The selection of CD's is pretty huge too. Just about any genre you could be looking for.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
13.06.2008 - 19:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I use the local sites. Ginza.se and CDON.com
Both are good... and fucking cheap... I gonna buy right now 5 cds for only 40 euros
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.12.2010 - 01:12
metallica9

For vinyl the best site i've found for some more collectible vinyls like Metallica and Black Sabbath reissues I use www.becausesoundmatters.com
08.12.2010 - 17:31
Abattoir

Well I buy most of albums through internet. And there are quite several sites, where I can get anything I want from metal base.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ (general)
http://www.psychedoomelic.com/ (mostly doom stuff)
http://www.solitude-prod.com/ (mostly doom stuff)
http://www.firebox.fi/store/
http://www.on-parole.com/shop/ (general....it's one and the only in our country)
08.12.2010 - 19:33
MetalSpider

I use Amazon.ca for buying CD's.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
12.12.2010 - 19:57
Netherlander
Account deleted
I alsmost exclusively get my shit from E-Bay. Yet to find a platform that trumps E-Bay's prices.
15.12.2010 - 16:40
ForeverDarkWoods

I'd like to reccomend:

Hell's Headbangers
Abyss Records
Iron Bonehead Productions
High Roller Records

I have a question though. Does anyone know a site which has a nice selection of band hoodies? In Sweden it gets quite cold at this time of year, and a lot of my old hoodies are completely falling apart at this point. Apparently, hoodies aren't cool anymore and are a lot harder to find than they were before. I also tend to avoid zip hoodies like the plague, which makes it all even harder.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America